Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Nomadio React 2.4GHz Radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 08:23 AM
Muelles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nomadio React 2.4GHz Radio

Hi, I´m Miguel from Spain. I have a Nomadio React Radio ControlerAnd two questions:

1.- How can I get the manual instructions in Spanish?
2.- What can I do to use my React like a gamepad for PC Games?

Sorry for my english.
Thanks
Old 01-14-2007, 09:55 AM
Nomadio_Sales

We do not have a Spanish book.

Plug the Radio into the USB port and turn it on you now have a game controller. Calibrate to the PC or the game as you would any other new controller.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:25 AM
Muelles

Will be available in Spanish? Do you know?
Old 01-14-2007, 12:05 PM
nabanta

ORIGINAL: Nomadio_Sales

No not yet. The back light hit will be after market from another company in a few weeks and you will be able to choose your color.

Ok thanks, thats sounds cool. Do you have an idea how much it will cost?
Old 01-15-2007, 10:54 AM
Nomadio_Sales

$25
Old 01-15-2007, 02:29 PM
nabanta

Wow, thats pretty cheap. Thanks for answering my questions.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:48 AM
Nomadio_Sales

Not a problem
Old 01-16-2007, 12:22 PM
BCSavage

Alright, so let me get this straight. The React has more memory (I assume to remember more vehicle models and/or software upgrades?) has aftermarket support coming from outside manufacturers (backlighting) and yet is cheaper than the Sensor? Interesting marketing scheme. I'm wondering, how does the inboard antenae affect range etc.

EDIT: And is there a failsafe built into this system? I'm a guy that likes my hi-tech goodies and I thought my old MX3 made me happy compared to the stock TX of my Savage. Well I've been out of RC for a couple years now and am getting back in with an RS4 that I bought used and comes with what the seller says is a a stock radio (even though the 18ss doesn't come with one). So I'm looking at my different options and at first was turned off by the looks of the react. I don't think anyone here locally has them for me to check out, but the more I think about it the lack of an antenae is quite appealing let alone the other features packed into it (like the PC Game controller, I hate every other PC controller I've tried (logitechs and such)).
Old 01-16-2007, 12:34 PM
Nomadio_Sales

Range is perfect. It was cool to see 6 Reacts on the drivers stand this last Sunday at KZ speedway.

Failsafe we have them built in
Old 01-16-2007, 12:36 PM
BCSavage

Nice job, I really wish I could say that I'm going to run right out and buy one but as badly as I want a nice radio, $300+ just isn't in the budget right now. But it's on my list Thanks for the quick replies, shows good of your customer support.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:44 AM
Nomadio_Sales

We will have a Beta to test for React owners in it is, Da Slow Mode (DSSS) Receiver support so you can transmit to 50Hz 2.4GHz receivers, it has the format for the new Nomadio Micro no telem 100Hz receiver and NMAX (normal) Nomadio 100Hz. PLUS it has even MORE mixing and Splash Screen support! OH YEA..... Watch the Nomadio forum for the launch.

[link=http://support.nomadio.net/index.php?sid=0c1d50c0a7a1c02820c14376686da378]Nomadio Forum[/link]

http://support.nomadio.net/index.php...c14376686da378
Old 01-20-2007, 10:54 PM
Nomadio_Sales

I DO not know why on Earth shops do this, but they do from time to time
sell at cost or a few bucks above cost!

http://www.unlimitedengineering.com/...e/NOM-110.html

$259.00 Price is CRAZY LOW!
Old 01-21-2007, 01:10 AM
BCSavage

that's not that crazy, you can get them on ebay for $340 CAD
Old 01-21-2007, 11:20 AM
carmatic1

and my favourite store killerhobbies puts $251 on their react page.....

hey mr nomadio since you hang out here alot, i figured i'd pop a question thats been bugging me alot lately...
its not really about the sensor itself, but since its a 2 way radio, is it possible for the rx to 'measure' the signal strength , then report that back as a telemetry? or the tx can similarly 'measure' the signal from the rx and show it on the screen... kind of like the signal bar you see on the top left hand corner of your phones
Old 01-21-2007, 12:13 PM
Nomadio_Sales

We already have the BIND strength bars on the React and Sensor BOTH ways TX to RX and RX to TX! Plus alarms if the bind is lost

BTW the crazy price they have is for the NOM-110 TX and RX the ones your pointing to like Killer Hobbies is just the TX NOM-111

Killer sells the NOM-110 TX / RX for $287.28 and they are sold out as of today

http://www.killerhobbies.com/items/r...110-detail.htm
Old 01-21-2007, 05:54 PM
tbaysal2000

Is this any good for RC gas boating? I remember people in the past with transceiver problems probably due to place of antenna. Also there was a problem with new 2.4 systems and gas boating but can't remember.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:50 PM
Nomadio_Sales

Not with Nomadio PLEASE do not lump all 2.4 systems into the same boat

We just signed an OEM deal with one of the top gas boat companies in the world with our radios
Old 01-21-2007, 10:01 PM
carmatic1

ORIGINAL: Nomadio_Sales

BTW the crazy price they have is for the NOM-110 TX and RX the ones your pointing to like Killer Hobbies is just the TX NOM-111
dang i wish they shipped out of the US...............
Old 01-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Nomadio_Sales

It is a great price.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:54 PM
Nomadio_Sales

You kn ow we can send a sales person right over!

Old 01-23-2007, 06:58 PM
Nomadio_Sales

NEW beta out with many new cool features SPLASH SCREENS, Nomadio Mini Receiver Support plus Da Slow Mode (DSSS 50Hz receiver support) within 24 Hours
Old 01-24-2007, 10:36 AM
msouth12

Karlton, I have a question about charging the React transmitter. Does it have a traditional charge jack that can be used to quick charge in the field, or does it have to be charged through a usb port?
Old 01-24-2007, 01:39 PM
Nomadio_Sales

It has a normal charge jack as well as USB. Use a Futaba, Airtronics, MPX or Hitec charge lead.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:09 PM
labrador

Since there are a few Nomadio related threads open - I hope this is the right one to say this and that and add my 0.2(EUR)cents worth.

When Nomadio anounced its radio I was really excited - adding a telemetry to a radio is such a natural and obvious idea - it had to be done sooner or later. The appearance of the first version could not win my heart - it looked a bit cheap and "quirky" (design and the plastics...) despite its awesome feature list
My own telemetry uses an Atmel Mega32 to collect its data (tach, lots of temperatures via I2C...and a lot more planned) and sends them via transceiver (EasyRadio chip) to a Dell PDA. Since this has to be done in my spare time and considering that my daily work is also filled with coding in C/C++ and other stuff - it still isn't finished. Keeping in mind that my circuit will consume considerable amount of space in my vehicle (1/8 HPI Savage) - wouldn't it be neat if your Nomadio system would offer an "open protocol / interface" for adding own sensors? Well I have to admint - the number of enthusiasts who desire such an interface is probably very low... (bad thing!) - but the idea to have such an interface is thrilling. Which leads to another idea: Transferring the displayed data (of the radio) to a laptop/PC in real time (for logging / ...). Would be nice to have an "open protocol" for this as well. People could build their applications around your base.

I hope that other radio manufacturers look closely at Nomadios feature list, listen to the market and follow their lead. In a few years we might be able to choose between bidirectional radios of all major radio manufacturers....like today, when users have the choice among top radios made by Futaba (3PK), Sanwa (M11) and others...which offer a very similar feature list. Nomadio is (for sure) currently ahead in terms of new ideas...

Questions: Which features would you like to see in next generation radios. And: Do you think it will ever by developed. Yes / no / why.

My 0.2 cents worth

Lab
Old 01-24-2007, 11:13 PM
Nomadio_Sales

We already have a RS232 interface built into the V2 receiver so what you want to make?

BETA LAUNCHED! PLEASE KEEP a copy of your settings just in case this is BETA! report all bugs if any to [email protected]

http://nomadio.net/software/react/beta/

Welcome to the Nomadio React Digital RC Desktop

WARNING: PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE

This software is a pre-release to allow testers to try Nomadio's bleeding edge technology before it is ready for commercial release. While we want your feedback, it is not ready for you to use in real races, or in cars which you would be terribly upset to see crash. You have been warned.
* The React is the latest in Nomadio digital radio control systems for Radio Control vehicles. It is built on the same Nomadio N-Max technology which made the Sensor the fastest radio in the world. It also includes the Sensor's easy to use interface, and the RC Desktop software for configuring and backing it up from a PC.
* Be sure to register your React to check for the latest in software upgrades for your new digital radio control system. Join us on the Internet at http://support.nomadio.net, to talk to other users about performance tuning, share ideas for where you'd like to see the React go in the future.
* To use React with RC Desktop, just turn it off, plug it into the PC, and run RC Desktop. It'll even recharge your batteries for you. To put it in gaming mode, turn it on, plug it into the PC and start playing your favorite driving game.
* The user manual is available in the documentation folder.
* See the React Quick Links page to view the Getting Started with React video.

Whats New with the React

* Servo Graphs in Desktop: Desktop now draws graphs of steering and throttle so you can see what your settings will do as you change them.
* Changes Highlighted: Desktop marks settings that have changed since last save in the left margin so you can see what has changed. A new return to last saved value button on the right allows you to revert any change before you save.
* Model Files: Individual Models can be saved to model files for convenient sharing with others.
* Experimental DSMTM*-Compatible Mode: This is a feature is still under development, and not fully tested. However, React has experimental support for controlling receivers marketed as using DSMTM* technology. You can turn this on and off on a Model by Model basis. There is a new setting under each Model's Advanced Menu named Transceiver Type. If set to "DSSS Beta", the React will be put in DSM-Compatible mode, which will allow it to drive such receivers.

To bind to a React in DSMTM*-Compatible mode, simply select Bind as usual from the model, while doing whatever your receiver's instructions say to do in order to rebind it.

This software is not associated with, or approved by Horizon Hobby, Inc. and was independently created by Nomadio, Inc.

This code is experimental and has not undergone regulatory testing. It is provided for demonstration purposes only, and is not certified under FCC Part 247 or CE regulations. Check with local authorities before using this software if you do not possess the appropriate licensing to operate a packet data radio in the 2.4 GHz ISM band.
* Splash Screens: You can now have your own custom image displayed every time you turn on your React!
* Software Fixes: Several software bugs have been fixed, most notably around timers, autostart and idle up settings. Sensor Tach sensors are now fully supported on the React as well.

Welcome to the Nomadio React Digital RC Desktop

WARNING: PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE

This software is a pre-release to allow testers to try Nomadio's bleeding edge technology before it is ready for commercial release. While we want your feedback, it is not ready for you to use in real races, or in cars which you would be terribly upset to see crash. You have been warned.
* The React is the latest in Nomadio digital radio control systems for Radio Control vehicles. It is built on the same Nomadio N-Max technology which made the Sensor the fastest radio in the world. It also includes the Sensor's easy to use interface, and the RC Desktop software for configuring and backing it up from a PC.
* Be sure to register your React to check for the latest in software upgrades for your new digital radio control system. Join us on the Internet at http://support.nomadio.net, to talk to other users about performance tuning, share ideas for where you'd like to see the React go in the future.
* To use React with RC Desktop, just turn it off, plug it into the PC, and run RC Desktop. It'll even recharge your batteries for you. To put it in gaming mode, turn it on, plug it into the PC and start playing your favorite driving game.
* The user manual is available in the documentation folder.
* See the React Quick Links page to view the Getting Started with React video.

Customize Your React

There are a wide variety of accessories and parts available for the React, including the new Aluminum Carrying Case. Check with your local hobby store for availability, or get it directly at the Nomadio Store.

*DSM is a registered trademark of Horizon Hobby, Inc.

Copyright 2007 | Nomadio, Inc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.