Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Radio help

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 04:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio help

I am pretty set on getting a ofna Titan arr without radio. It doesnt have reverse, so i only need a 2 channel radio. What AM radio would u reccomend for me, or is FM neccesary? I only want to spend up to 100 bucks for it. What would u reccomend? It would be ok if it came with 1 servo, i dont care what one because it will be for throttle (doesnt really matter). I definately want a high power servo for steering, but are there any good high torqe servos for around 40 bucks?

Ive been looking at tower but there is a lot to choose from, and i dont really know much about radios. Any links to specific items would be greatly appreciated.

So basically what would be a good setup with a high torque (at least 100 oz) steering servo, a throttle servo, and radio? And one more thing, can u mix and match? Or do servos and radios have to be made by the same company to be able to work together.
Thanks in advance!
Old 05-12-2003, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio help

I'd go with what the LHS has a good supply of, and supports. Around these parts, Hitech is the way to go, since they're right up the street, and they have awesome service and support.

You can mix 'n' match no problem as long as you get the right connector style (easy). Browse www.hobbypeople.net and see what they have. They rotate their sale items routinely, and if you are not in a hurry, you may save some $.