Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Servo Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Help!!

I'm having problems with my throttle and brake servo. The servo has no problems until i start the motor then the servo starts reving the motor up and down. Any suggestions???

Thanks,
David
Old 06-10-2008, 07:08 PM

Default RE: Servo Help!!

Need help... its pissing me off lol
Old 06-11-2008, 12:13 AM

Very strange, I have no anwser for you. Sorry
Old 06-11-2008, 03:46 AM

Anybody... Cen Racing said its frequency. but if it was frequency wouldnt it do it before the motor starts? No problem until motor starts
Old 06-11-2008, 05:35 AM
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: exrider416

Anybody... Cen Racing said its frequency. but if it was frequency wouldnt it do it before the motor starts? No problem until motor starts
We just helped a gal in Oz. Same type of deal. It was mostly Diagnosed by Dogman. It was the clutch being out of wack and creating a frequency that made things go banannas when the motor was started. Mostly that along with some radio issues.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:23 AM

ORIGINAL: nomobux

We just helped a gal in Oz. Same type of deal. It was mostly Diagnosed by Dogman. It was the clutch being out of wack and creating a frequency that made things go banannas when the motor was started. Mostly that along with some radio issues.
So just do some clutch adjustments then?
Old 06-11-2008, 06:28 AM

No .. pull the clutch and take a good look .. broken spring or spring rubbing the bell, hot or warped bell, etc. You will prob find something wrong. It is prob creating a harmonic situation that is driving your radio crazy when you start it up.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:05 PM

No .. pull the clutch and take a good look .. broken spring or spring rubbing the bell, hot or warped bell, etc. You will prob find something wrong. It is prob creating a harmonic situation that is driving your radio crazy when you start it up.
It was the clutch... The clutch shoes had flat spots and the springs looked stretched... What is this caused from? should i also replace the bell?
Old 06-11-2008, 07:00 PM

If the bell looks really discolored , as in black, I would say yes. Chk for being round. If all is good, sand the inside of the bell lightly and put in new shoes and springs . Glad ya found the prob.
It was the clutch... The clutch shoes had flat spots and the springs looked stretched... What is this caused from? should i also replace the bell?

If the bell looks really discolored , as in black, I would say yes. Chk for being round. If all is good, sand the inside of the bell lightly and put in new shoes and springs . Glad ya found the prob.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:44 AM

Get it working ? Let us know.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:37 AM

Ordered parts yesterday... Just ordered a new bell also... The turck has only idled 3 tanks through and a few other tanks through it driving it and not driving it hard at all... What would cause this clutch to go bad so fast? Hope the cen 3.0 arent known for this
Old 06-13-2008, 08:21 AM

Ordered parts yesterday... Just ordered a new bell also... The turck has only idled 3 tanks through and a few other tanks through it driving it and not driving it hard at all... What would cause this clutch to go bad so fast? Hope the cen 3.0 arent known for this

Maybe faulty to begin with, maybe a high idle or bind built a bunch of heat ... dunno ?????????????
Old 06-14-2008, 05:43 PM

New clutch in same problem...
Old 06-14-2008, 07:16 PM

Switched the throttle servo with the steering servo... with the steering servo as the throttle i had no problem with the throttle and when i put it as the steering it quit working all together... So i think its just a faulty servo... sending the servo back to cen
Old 06-15-2008, 05:30 AM

Switched the throttle servo with the steering servo... with the steering servo as the throttle i had no problem with the throttle and when i put it as the steering it quit working all together... So i think its just a faulty servo... sending the servo back to cen
Kinda the same deal as the gal in Oz. I tend to think the clutch started it all and prob all the interference took out the servo.