Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

throttle settings

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 06:47 PM
NORCALLUMP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle settings

I am setting up my jammin x1 I just got off of ebay. I am using a futaba 3pm fast with hitec servos (5925,5625). Everything works fine except for the throttle. when I brake the throttle moves back, but not in the nuetral, opeing the throat of the carb. I have tried to adjust settings, but on the epa I have no brake. I can tap the throttle and it returns the throttle in the center nuetral position. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks!
Old 10-12-2008, 10:53 AM
NitroVette

Default RE: throttle settings

Check to make sure brake mixing is off, you may not be getting the max throw of the servo if mixing is on. Some Txs have a 70/30 and 50/50 throttle setting, if it's set to 70/30 that means 70% of the servo travel is forward and 30% brake. 70/30 is the preferred throttle for nitro, but the brake linkage needs to be set correctly to work with only 30% brake travel. It sounds like the mechanical linkage needs adj. , remove the servo horn and set all throttle trim to neurtal. replace the servo horn so the carb is closed and there's no brake bias. Then check brake EPA and set the ATL to 100. If the brakes still don't work but the servo moves to the brake position you should be able to adj. the brake lever and linkage springs for max brake. The brakes should be strong and then you can use the ATL to dial the brakes in.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:24 PM
NORCALLUMP

Default RE: throttle settings

thanks. I will try that as well. I have a nagging suspicion to check my horn to make sure it is not stripped