Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

eurgle 2.4 ghz

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 12:32 PM
sushi2me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: eurgle 2.4 ghz

Hi,

I'm feeling REALLY stupid - maybe it's the flu/cold that I have right now - the congestion is messing with my brain (what brain, you say?)! It looks/appears like you're the only one emailing r2hobbies.com?

Can you please give me the email address for customer service at R2Hobbies.com (Herman)?

When I click on the "contact" link on their web site (any page), it takes me to another page that has an "Announcement" about their Japanese website BUT I see no email contact method/button, whatever?

I would really appreciate it for future reference - right now I'm fine, but you never know!

Thanks in advance (for me and others who may want/need it),

sushi

[color=#FF0033]OOPS - SORRY - NEVER MIND - I JUST FOUND IT AT THE BOTTOM RIGHT OF THE SCREEN IN THE SIDEBAR THAT SAYS "news"

!
Old 10-30-2009, 06:25 PM
mbe301

the one I used was [email protected], can't remember where I found it though.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:27 PM
sushi2me

OKAY - if you go to [link=http://rvmshop.com]rvmshop.com[/link], you get "Under Construction" - so I agree, I REALLY don't know where you got that email addressl BUT as long as it works and is getting you to the right people - hey, who cares?

Has this Herman guy been helpful at all? I mean, really?

Now, it seems like we end up answering our own questions more often than not, helping each other out, which is kind of what a forum is for.

Now, he's Customer Service, maybe we need the address for the Technical Support person?

I answered my own previous question about antenna placement for 2.4GHz by looking at a lot of other 2.4GHz receivers - most of which had two (2) very short antennas that were obviously INSIDE the boat (if it was a boat - that's my interest although, as I've indicated before, I do also have the Eurgle 2.4GHz 6-Channel Airplane Tx & Rx (and an extra receiver buty you have to make your settings for this one ON the personal computer, having loaded their software from mini-CD and I need to go back and look at THAT system's antennas. If you're getting the length of two football fields put together for the 3 Channel pistol grip, that's all I really need by way of distance/range for my boats HOWEVER if you stack that vertically, that should give me plenty of ceiling for most of my aerobatic flights (except for gliders, if I EVER, ha ha, get into those, but my eyes are so bad at my age and with my medical conditions

As I may have mentioned before, I had said that I'm disabled, totally and permanently, but RC is what keeps me going: having had 13 surgeries and 2 medical pain control devices implanted in my body that are controlled by RC - one is a morphine pain pump, also known as an intrathecal infusion device, and I CAN'T control that one - only the doctor or his physicians assistant who do that by radio telemetry; the second is a neurostimulator which sends small electrical charges into the nerves in my neck via left and right probes which each have 4 electrodes, with cables running for the control unit under my hip, I can use a remote control to adjust various parameters: pulse width, rate, amplification - I can't select the different electrodes - the medical technician worked me up a bunch of programs that give me varied combinations that I can adjust but they replaced the old unit because the lithium battery in that one was 5 years old before it malfunctioned and it felt like I'd stuck my finger in an electrical outlet. I had to wait FOUR WEEKS for the surgery and in the interim, all he gave me was a higher dose of Vicodin pain killer on top of the morphine/bupivacaine 2:1 ratio in the pain pumps reservoir, anyway,, even with bifocals, and sometimes seeing better without them, I don't want any of my RC models that far away that I can't make out the orientation!

Happy trucking/boating, guys,

sushi2me/Dave
Old 10-31-2009, 12:39 AM
T3beatz
My Feedback: (4)

sushi2me,

sorry to hear about your situation[X(] I get bummed out when I'm just sick! I don't know what I'd do if I had to go through what your going through. I guess RC and family would be the only think keeping me going also.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:47 AM
iexion

Seems like no one has really said if they like the radio or not
Old 10-31-2009, 11:11 AM
mbe301

I love this radio.... but it leaves me with an uncomfotable "what if" feelings. For some applications it's great (something where you have no need for a failsafe). With my luck I'd be running by 25lb+ 1/5 scale at full throttle, trip over something and drop my controller; dislogging a battery or something and it's bye bye buggy (either a big crash or the thing just keeps going and going and going... for about 30 minutes on a full tank).

Sushi2me - I think Herman will try to get you an answer, but his english translation may not be the best. He's been fairly quick to respond too.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:54 AM
iexion

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350225676301&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT]Here is[/link] the one I've been debating. Unless anyone knows where I can find it cheaper
Old 10-31-2009, 01:30 PM
edvin

How transmitter trigger movement behaves, is the trigger moving devided as 50/50 or 70/30? Or is it changeble?
Old 10-31-2009, 01:31 PM
T3beatz

ORIGINAL: iexion

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350225676301&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT]Here is[/link] the one I've been debating. Unless anyone knows where I can find it cheaper
This is where I'm getting mine from... I've already ordered it I'm just waiting for it to arrive here. Its $68.77 to my door, you get the discounted price when you register with the site.

http://www.rc-fans88.com/details.asp?prodid=1636 same radio different name. FlySky is the actual manufacture.

here is a video... http://www.vimeo.com/5893353
Old 11-09-2009, 10:17 PM
racer504
My Feedback: (2)

I got mine today and I've been trying to get it setup so I can use the SWD switch a s a linear adjustment for a third cahnnel needle. I can only get it to operate on the up half of the AUX channel. The down half of the EP setting is on 15 and I can't get it to change. Anyone know how to set this up on this radio?
Old 11-10-2009, 01:09 AM
sushi2me

$43.72 at R2Hobbies.com [link=http://r2hobbies.com/proddetail.php?prod=rcps61208] Eurgle 2.4GHz 3-channel pistol grip radio[/link] with extra receivers at $9.16 [link=http://r2hobbies.com/proddetail.php?prod=rcps61413]Eurgle 2.4GHz 3-Channel Rx[/link]

Not that big a difference in price but....

sushi2me

My gosh - look at the TIME!

By the way, tomorrow (later today) I'll post a 2-Channel 2.4GHz pistol grip radio that's a lot less than this Eurgle 3-channel if you find you DON'T need the 3rd channel!!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 12:39 PM
sushi2me

Here you go, as promised, a CHEAPER but two (2) Channel 2.4GHz pistol grip radio IF you DON'T need the third channel in the Eurgle:

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/Flysky-2-4Ghz-2-Channel-Gun-Transmitter-Reciver-FS-GT2_W0QQitemZ220508048264QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio_ Control_Parts_Accessories?hash=item33574dcb88]Flysky 2.4GHz 2-Channel[/link]

If you go to this page, you'll see that the "Buy it Now" price is $32.99 with a shipping and handling charge of $18.00. HOWEVER this is also a "Make Offer" item, so I'm sure that they'll take $25 for it since they're literally giving it away free for some of their mini Fast Electric boats at the same price WITHOUT the radio!

It comes with a receiver and a bind plug and, like the Eurgle, all the programming is done thru the transmitter, as you can see in the pictures on the eBay item page via the link above. This is the same item in the following picture:

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64736.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	1311493  
Old 11-11-2009, 02:29 AM
T3beatz

Well, My radio finally came in today. I installed it into my Indoor on road car (TC5) and its working great! But, I still cant understand the ARC program that good. It seams all it does is just adjust the Steering and Throttle curves. I'm guessing thats whats its supposed to do.

I thought it was a setting in which if you are going faster (the more you press on the throttle) the less steering you will have. Kinda like a Throttle steering mix. That would be nice, in order to not over-steer on the strait aways at full speed.

In the manual it has L-1-2-3-H for steering and throttle. If you push on the throttle it should go from low to High (L to H). and the Steering should also, and whatever your steering curve is setup for it should respond accordingly, but it does not. the steering Just acts as a limit ... Maybe this is a glitch that was overlooked??

Right now if you set the curves up in ARC for steering it does the same thing that the D/R ExPo stetting does.

maybe I'm missing something.

But overall I'm happy with the radio and RX, quick binding and good performance so far. I just need to get some rechargeable batts for the TX now.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:55 AM
kiss-cool

Hello,

I was following the thread since some days and I had also emails exchange with R2hobbies.
It seems that the new version of the receiver with failsafe has been released :

Hi there,

Thanks for your email. We have a updated one but the failsafe function is just the simple one which the receiver will automatically turn off once the signal from the transmitter is lost.I hope the information may help. Thank you very much! : )

If you have any questions,pleasedonotheistate to contact us.Have a nice day!

Yours Sincerely,

Aure

http://www.r2hobbies.com/

It's seem to be a basic function and I wondering how well it can fit with an external the fail safe or just a spring on the throttle to close it when everything is powered off (my last email with them) :

Hi there,

Thanks for your email. The whole receiver will power off.
Actually, the stock we have now is the latest version.I hope the information may help.

If you have any questions,pleasedonothesitateto contact us.Have a nice day!

Yours Sincerely,

Aure

http://www.r2hobbies.com/

Ludo

Old 11-14-2009, 03:21 AM
T3beatz

Cool, I just ordered an extra one from them a few days ago and I had to wait a couple days for the new stock to get in, so It should be from the new stock, with the fail-safe.
we shall see!![8D]

Other than the non mixing function I'm happy with this radio so far. I just ordered some 2900mah NiMH rechargeable for it so I wont have to keep switching out batteries. There is no slot/receptacle for a pack type unless you modify it so when you order this radio get some rechargeable batteries also.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:50 AM
edvin

receiver will automatically turn off once the signal from the transmitter is lost.
Definitely good improvement but will receiver turn on again when correct signal is received? Or should I unplug and plug receiver battery to restore receiver work?
However car or engine is saved!

Here, http://www.r2hobbies.com/proddetail.php?prod=rcps61208 under features, it's written

Throttle cut
Computer Programmable
Digital Control

Is this "throttle cut" related to previously mentioned "fail safe"?
Old 11-14-2009, 02:56 PM
T3beatz

ORIGINAL: edvin

receiver will automatically turn off once the signal from the transmitter is lost.
Definitely good improvement but will receiver turn on again when correct signal is received? Or should I unplug and plug receiver battery to restore receiver work?
However car or engine is saved!

Here, http://www.r2hobbies.com/proddetail.php?prod=rcps61208 under features, it's written

Throttle cut
Computer Programmable
Digital Control

Is this ''throttle cut'' related to previously mentioned ''fail safe''?
I don't think there is a throttle cut or integrated timer function thats mentioned... It would have been cool to have a timer. I'm gonna go check through my radio, but I don't think there is either one of them.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:53 AM
Enzyme80

i know on the first page someone said that it does not work with analog servos. I just wanted to check on this before I purchased the radio.

Thanks guys.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:38 AM
T3beatz

ORIGINAL: Enzyme80

i know on the first page someone said that it does not work with analog servos. I just wanted to check on this before I purchased the radio.

Thanks guys.
It works with Analog and digital servos.[8D] and you should be able to put an in-line fail safe on it now since the V2 RX are out.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:31 AM
kiss-cool

Hi T3beatz,

do you have any news of the delivery for your V2 RX  ???

We are all waiting ...

Cheers,

Ludo
Old 11-19-2009, 07:30 AM
T3beatz

should be arriving at my door today! I will let you all know how it turns out.

Update: I got the new Eurgle RX in and it does not stop sending the signal when the power to the TX is turned off. I ordered mine before the e-mail about the new ones was posted but he didn't have any in stock so I waited for the new stock to come in. I would have thought I would have got one of the new ones. I guess we will have to still wait and see.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:48 AM
zeo 1

i goit this radio and im very impressed only thing is im trying to figure out what size coaxial  charge jack cable i need  so i can swap to lipo
Old 11-24-2009, 01:42 AM
T3beatz

ORIGINAL: zeo 1

i goit this radio and im very impressed only thing is im trying to figure out what size coaxial charge jack cable i need so i can swap to lipo
yeah, I want to start using a lipo also, but I don't feel like re-wiring stuff..[8D]
Old 11-24-2009, 09:53 AM
zeo 1

its not to hard , find the pos and neg lines and crimp a wire harness on them this radio can handle about 12 volts before you have to worry the receiver hates going above 6.6 or so , no 7.4 volt or blue smoke once i figure out what the dimensions are for the coaxial jack i will mod the jack plug into my old intel peak charger and charge all my nmh 2k mah cell i have in it :d i just ove this radio ^^ also great range for most people ok 99 .9 % of people :d no matter what type of cels you use axcept for aa i suggest investing in a bec
Old 11-24-2009, 01:03 PM
T3beatz

ORIGINAL: zeo 1

its not to hard , find the pos and neg lines and crimp a wire harness on them this radio can handle about 12 volts before you have to worry the receiver hates going above 6.6 or so , no 7.4 volt or blue smoke once i figure out what the dimensions are for the coaxial jack i will mod the jack plug into my old intel peak charger and charge all my nmh 2k mah cell i have in it :d i just ove this radio ^^ also great range for most people ok 99 .9 % of people :d no matter what type of cels you use axcept for aa i suggest investing in a bec
yeah, I know, it wouldn't take to long to mod it for a lipo are a pack, but I just don't want to open it up right now.[8D] I'll do it sometime down the road, but other than that I love this radio, its inexpensive, it has good features and the RX's are 10.00 each!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.