Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

eurgle 2.4 ghz

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 07:19 PM
zeo 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: eurgle 2.4 ghz

exactly aa nmh are fine for transmitters i cant really complain about this radio howver , it would be nice to find the eurgle charger
Old 11-24-2009, 11:11 PM
T3beatz
My Feedback: (4)

my standard futaba walwart charger works just fine...
Old 11-25-2009, 12:18 AM
Enzyme80

OK, whats the thoughts on this radio? I know it is super cheap and basically a knock off but sometimes knock offs can be as good as the original.

anyways looking at this one, futuba 2pl, and Airtronics mx-sport. all are under 100 bucks, 2.4 ghz... just not sure which is the best way to go.

I guess if someone has any thoughts, or a review (good or bad) it would be helpful.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:42 AM
T3beatz

ORIGINAL: Enzyme80

OK, whats the thoughts on this radio? I know it is super cheap and basically a knock off but sometimes knock offs can be as good as the original.

anyways looking at this one, futuba 2pl, and Airtronics mx-sport. all are under 100 bucks, 2.4 ghz... just not sure which is the best way to go.

I guess if someone has any thoughts, or a review (good or bad) it would be helpful.
This is a good radio, no glitches or faults in the firmware. everything works as its supposed to, I have a friend with the Real KO ProPo Helios and he said that this radio has pretty much all the same features.

The radio does not have that Expensive feel to it or all the extra LED blue lights, but it'll do just fine. If you want to save a Ton of cash I would just go for this radio because of the cheap RX. you can have 8 models ready to go with RX for less than $150.00!!

If you go with the other two models you will be paying a lot more for Extra RXs, and probably less features, or maybe the same ones.

I would buy this radio again.[8D]
Old 11-25-2009, 06:11 AM
zeo 1

ORIGINAL: T3beatz

my standard futaba walwart charger works just fine...
give me a link to that charger if you can ?
i would not call this a knock off radio it dosnt look like the helios aside from the wheel and that weird arced hand gaurd aside from that the case is diffrent but agreed go for this radio if you get it from landairrc you get a replace ment warranty if something go pop

Old 11-25-2009, 09:36 AM
T3beatz

the Eurgle/Flysky GT3 may not be a direct knock off, but you can tell where the factory got its ideas for this radio from... look at the switch/button placement too.

here is one, you can find them everywhere... check ebay or RCU Adds for cheaper ones.... Also the Hitec ones should work too. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNK66&P=7
Old 11-26-2009, 02:17 PM
zeo 1

only gripe on my eurgle , is that when it hits 9.3 volts it starts beeping low battery but its all good also theres a jr mod for it to add up to 30 models , not sure how to do it but it works on the flysky/ turnigy aircraft radios i think i am figuring it out ive alrdy increased the resolution from 1024 to 2048 bit but it is not for the faint of heart literally have to desolder and solder in a new switch chip ,
Old 11-26-2009, 03:51 PM
T3beatz

ORIGINAL: zeo 1

only gripe on my eurgle , is that when it hits 9.3 volts it starts beeping low battery but its all good also theres a jr mod for it to add up to 30 models , not sure how to do it but it works on the flysky/ turnigy aircraft radios i think i am figuring it out ive alrdy increased the resolution from 1024 to 2048 bit but it is not for the faint of heart literally have to desolder and solder in a new switch chip ,
yeah mine starts beeping there also.. Wow! cool mods. If I had two of these radios I would try it with one of them, but I only have one and I don't want to blow it up and have nothing to race with.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:22 PM
mbe301

ORIGINAL: T3beatz

ORIGINAL: Enzyme80

i know on the first page someone said that it does not work with analog servos. I just wanted to check on this before I purchased the radio.

Thanks guys.
It works with Analog and digital servos.[8D] and you should be able to put an in-line fail safe on it now since the V2 RX are out.
Are they out? (can't get a response from r2hobbies) The last email I got from them they said they were still in the testing phase
Old 11-27-2009, 01:39 AM
T3beatz

The v2 RX must not be out yet. I got one of the older ones on my last order. Still good though.[8D]
Old 11-27-2009, 03:49 AM
zeo 1

yeah my new apmlifier gets kinda hot but its worth it for the reduced latency with my s3300 throttle servo and hitec 5645 digital steering :d using this on my nanda swift 2
Old 11-28-2009, 04:24 PM
zeo 1

try airlandseahobbies, there much cheaper there, 80 bucks with free shipping  20 bucks for the v2 rx's
Old 11-28-2009, 08:26 PM
T3beatz

try airlandseahobbies, there much cheaper there, 80 bucks with free shipping 20 bucks for the v2 rx's
Whats cheaper? The RX's are $7.00 more than what I paid for mine... ($13.50 shipped!)

The radio I got was only $45.00 plus like $23.00 to ship it with EMS express. (branded with flysky) http://www.rc-fans88.com/details.asp?prodid=1636
Old 11-28-2009, 11:41 PM
sushi2me

[link=http://r2hobbies.com/proddetail.php?prod=rcps61413]Eurgle 2.4MGHz 3-Channel Receiver[/link] is available at R2Hobbies.com for $9.16 + shipping - I think this is the cheapest I found for the EXACT Eurgle replacement for the original Rx.

If you want to buy them off of an eBay site: go to [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=350238738617&Category=34056&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D1]Seller=Gemstraveler/Store=RVMShop[/link] At $10.03 plus $3.32 shipping & handling, so they're both about exactly the same.

You can even go to HobbyCity.com and get THEIR own brand or others of the 3-Channel 2.4GHz Rx - my understanding is that this is virtually EXACTLY the same as Eurgle/FlySky/HobbyCity and should all bind with the Tx.

Whatever - at these prices and the fact that the Tx can hold 8 or 10 models (I don't remember exactly) but for a VERY reasonable price you can equip ALL your boats/trucks/cars (whether nitro or electric) without buying another Tx.

In post #62, I pointed out that you could get the Flysky 2-Channel 2.4GHz Pistol Grip Transmitter & extra Rx's if you DON'T need three (3) channels.

Have fun - I've got to go to bed and dream about my need for speed since I can't do it for real right now!

sushi2me/Dave
Old 11-29-2009, 06:37 AM
zeo 1

i have to admit this radio still impresses me to this date , ive had koand jr systems that did not feel as good to drive with
also if your using a jr charger like i am  , i had to reverse the wirepolarity on the charger to get it to work   airlandsea has theupgraded rxs i believe  as well as v2 of the transmitter plus theres awarraty but that may be why its a little more expensive   imswitching out my 5645 mg servo for a scanner rc unit  that has a .10response time same torque same price :d
Old 11-29-2009, 07:16 AM
T3beatz

i have to admit this radio still impresses me to this date , ive had koand jr systems that did not feel as good to drive with
also if your using a jr charger like i am , i had to reverse the wirepolarity on the charger to get it to work airlandsea has theupgraded rxs i believe as well as v2 of the transmitter plus theres awarraty but that may be why its a little more expensive imswitching out my 5645 mg servo for a scanner rc unit that has a .10response time same torque same price :d
So the airlandseahobbies RX and TX are v2??? You would think they would say something about this in there ad.[8D] looks to be the same stuff just a little more money. warrenties are good on things that cost over 100-200 bucks but for something that I paid 43.00 for its not even worth it to ship it back! RX are just 10.00! I spend that on junk food in a day, if I burn one out I'll just get a new one.

the reason it cost more from there is because its a U.S. based shop.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:41 AM
edvin

airlandsea has theupgraded rxs i believe as well as v2 of the transmitter plus theres awarraty but that may be why its a little more expensive
Are you sure??? Only one Corona receiver is v2 according to airlandsea homepage.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:09 AM
plat03busa

I installed the reciever, programed some functions in the radio and only get steering, no throttle and reverse. I installed this system in a Slash SC 2wd truck. What would cause proper steering but no throttle/ reverse? I also tried switching to different channels and the servo goes crazy so I believe where I have it is right. Help please!! Eurgle 2.4ghz 3ch
Old 11-29-2009, 03:18 PM
T3beatz

ORIGINAL: plat03busa

I installed the reciever, programed some functions in the radio and only get steering, no throttle and reverse. I installed this system in a Slash SC 2wd truck. What would cause proper steering but no throttle/ reverse? I also tried switching to different channels and the servo goes crazy so I believe where I have it is right. Help please!! Eurgle 2.4ghz 3ch
with this radio, I believe that the steering is ch 1 and the throttle is ch 2. Make sure there is no mixing in the radio (ARC,TH speed, ST delay)! next just hook up to regular servos and a battery to the RX and if both of them moves accordingly than its not the TX or RX that have the problem.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:19 PM
T3beatz

ORIGINAL: edvin

airlandsea has theupgraded rxs i believe as well as v2 of the transmitter plus theres awarraty but that may be why its a little more expensive
Are you sure??? Only one Corona receiver is v2 according to airlandsea homepage.
Yeah, I saw that too. I don't think there is a V2 TX or RX out yet.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:33 PM
zeo 1

im not to sure if its v2 im just going by the fact that mine will shutdown or lock up when the tx is off also if your using the stock slashes esc ive heard it has issues with 2.4 ghz systems im not sure though try different channels and see if it works,also a rebinding may resolve the issue as well to rebind this unit turn off the transmitter turn off your receiver insert the bind plug into the receivers bdd slot turn the receiver on and the red led should start flickering once it dose that turn the receiver off again turn on the transmitter with the bind button pressed, then turn on the receiver and hold the bind button untill the led on the rx stops blinking let go of the bind button and unplug the bind cable and turn um off again and then back on , after that it should resolve the issue
Old 11-29-2009, 05:41 PM
gonggongboy

I've been wanting one of these for a project of mine but the shipping is so high. I can buy one for 20 in an auction but the shipping would be 37 dollars. Then a buy-it now would be 43 and shipping would be 58. Im just mad at how he puts two different shipping prices on the same item. Which why i havent bought one yet.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:41 AM
T3beatz

ORIGINAL: gonggongboy

I've been wanting one of these for a project of mine but the shipping is so high. I can buy one for 20 in an auction but the shipping would be 37 dollars. Then a buy-it now would be 43 and shipping would be 58. Im just mad at how he puts two different shipping prices on the same item. Which why i havent bought one yet.
Go to RC-Fans88.com once you log in the price is like 43.00 plus about 22.50 for EMS express shipping to the U.S.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:50 AM
plat03busa

This is an awesome looking product for the price, even though it cost alot to ship. Ican only get 11.6 v out of all the new batteries I have. I will contact R2hobbies and ask them about the V2. They usually respond fast to my questions. I have the Velineon brushless system in my Slash. T3beatz, you are correct about the different TH and ST channels, but how do I change it and make it work? I'am a newbie. Most of what I am learning, i get from great treads like this 1. Lots of knowledge here
Old 11-30-2009, 02:17 AM
T3beatz

ORIGINAL: plat03busa

This is an awesome looking product for the price, even though it cost alot to ship. I can only get 11.6 v out of all the new batteries I have. I will contact R2hobbies and ask them about the V2. They usually respond fast to my questions. I have the Velineon brushless system in my Slash. T3beatz, you are correct about the different TH and ST channels, but how do I change it and make it work? I'am a newbie. Most of what I am learning, i get from great treads like this 1. Lots of knowledge here[img][/img]
Did you check everything with regular servos? If so, and everything works as its supposed to, make sure that once you go into a mix and change anything that you press enter like two times to save the changes, otherwise once you exit the menu the old settings will be saved.

Also you can go into the display menu to actually see whats going on when you pull the trigger or turn the wheel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.