Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Videos
Reload this Page >

TOP SPEED test. Associated ProSC modified w/BLC100 and 3600kv motor

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Videos Place your links to rc car videos in this dedicated forum. Please include clip title and short description plus filesize and format (wmv, rm, mpg, mov)

TOP SPEED test. Associated ProSC modified w/BLC100 and 3600kv motor

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 10:34 AM
rtabcum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TOP SPEED test. Associated ProSC modified w/BLC100 and 3600kv motor

Here is another car that came RTR but I was not satisfied with the duration and top speed. Don't get me wrong, the original configuration with Reedy SC-800 and SL-550 motor worked great and was a lot of fun but I want it more torque to spin all 4 wheels on demand on asphalt effortlessly.

I started by upgrading to 11.1v Graphene Lipo with 65c discharge rate. Right away I started to notice the Reedy 550-SL was having a more difficult time with the extra weight. These Turnigy Graphene battery are heavy almost putting the truck to 1/8 scale weights. I tested different ESC with different motors and found the lower the KV, the more torque I get but I loose my top speed. So finally I settled on the 3600kv motor and matched it with a speed controller that can supply the current increase. Both motor and speed controller came from Thunder Tiger.

Here is a video the test runs.

https://youtu.be/p8SMhxpUzCU

Enjoy!