Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Combat
Reload this Page >

PHOENIX SIM FOR STREAMER CUTTING

Notices
RC Combat Discuss rc combat planes, techniques and strategies here.

PHOENIX SIM FOR STREAMER CUTTING

Old 09-15-2010, 04:40 PM
georgek54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PHOENIX SIM FOR STREAMER CUTTING

Good Day to All Friends

I just bought PHOENIX SIMULATOR V2.5 to use it only on STREAMER CUTTING COMPETITION MODE, to get some experience on combat.

Excellent program, but when I choose this mode I just have my plane flying in the air (with streamers), but I can not find any opponent to try cut its streamers !

It's only My plane in the air!

Now, in the company's manual is written:

"Streamer Cutting
Starts a Streamer Cutting competition session. The goal of the competition is to fly into your opponents' streamers as many times as possible before the time runs out.

• This competition is also available during a multiplayer session."

This means that the program should give me the ability to try also cut streaming WITHOUT (as well as WITH) another "real" player. I supposed that a virtual plane would appear in the air, flying with streamers, being this way my virtual opponent.

Or did I misunderstand something?

Thank you in advance

Best Regards

George
Old 09-15-2010, 06:53 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: PHOENIX SIM FOR STREAMER CUTTING

AhhhhhGrasshopper

Do not feel alone or stupid in a age of Oboma type attorney written advertisements . After all, you voted for a "change", you were just told the change would be a KGB type distdatorship. Anyway, I am sure you can cut ribbons with another person somewhere in the world that has the right type equipment and is willing to flly with you at the correct time and place. Let your heart not be troubled, and check on the Great Planes new G5 simulator. The adds picture a P-51 duking it out, the CD comes with a picture of same and the adds all imply you can buy one and fly against the Red Barron. Well, you can, just not with yourself. You need another person with the same system with you or somewhere else willing to fly against you etc, etc, etc. Anyway, I'm sure there will be a add on available in the near future by both, that "FOR A SMALL FEE", you will be able to upgrade your system to do what what you thought you were buying. Hang in there, they are so stupid in Washington, someone will send them a nuke inside a money cake, and they will all rush to unrap it so they can steal their piece. ENJOY
Old 09-16-2010, 08:06 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Aside from the political jibberish and the plug-in for a competing flight simulator.....

I have Phoenix but use it mostly for helicopter training as you can see from my avatar. I could try it tonight when I get home and report back later. I know you can fly on-line with "live" pilots, but never seen the area of "streamer cutting". Could you please point me to which menu I need to use to get there?

Rafael
Old 09-18-2010, 01:23 AM
georgek54

I can go to the Multiplayer Menu and then Go-Online. I answer to some questions regarding User Name, Password etc.

Some times it gives me an error (related to my ROUTER) which -to be honest- I can not understand.

I posed the question also to PHOENIX TECHNICAL SUPPORT and the answer is really very interesting:

Hi George
This competition mode (mean Streamer Cutting) is currently only available if you are in a multiplayer session, or have another pilot with another Phoenix USB interface connected to your computer (split-screen).
However, we are very close to releasing the BETA of the next version of Phoenix, and this update does allow you to use this mode against an AI-controlled opponent.

Best Regards
Phoenix Support

So, we will wait for this Version. I believe that this option will give us enormous abilities to exercise a Combat without going to the field (and without loosing planes of course!)

Regards

George
Old 09-19-2010, 04:47 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I tried the ribbon cutting, but did not try it extensively as I would have liked due to a computer problem. It seems like you got your answer.

Rafael