Community
Search
Notices
RC Combat Discuss rc combat planes, techniques and strategies here.

Open B

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 02:32 AM
haikt
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Open B

i got to fly my open b design today and i like it, lots of improvments are needed but overall i am happy, going from selig 8036 into clark y helped a lot, clark y seems to be lot more solid in the air. it is not as fast as i remember seeing some Avengers fly, how fast are average open B models fly on 64-72 inch wingspan, i am running a norvel and it turns around 17.5 k, with a can, the speeds are around 85-90 mph.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:33 AM
Montague

Default RE: Open B

On a radar gun, most B class models are in the low-to-mid-80's. If you think you are going 85-90, either you are mis-estimating, or you are going faster than most.

17.5k rpm isn't very high. My beat engines usually are in the mid-18's, and hotter motors are close to 20k.

Sounds like you have a solid design there.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:29 PM
haikt
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: Open B

i think you are right i am wrong about 85 90 mph, that i said because i remmember my delta was at around 85 so it flys like it but slower than Eric's Avenger so i dont know i will time it next time.