Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Combat
Reload this Page >

Jka Questions?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Combat Discuss rc combat planes, techniques and strategies here.

Jka Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 05:50 PM
Montague

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jka Questions?

Mark,
where in NJ? To be honest, my club here in MD isn't all that far, I've driven up to parts of NJ and back in a day. My club is right off I-95, just south of Baltimore.

As for events in PA close to NJ, the contest in Montrose isn't all that far, but it's not close either, again, depending on where in NJ you are. And if you can do Montrose, Endicott, NY is only 20min from there.

And yes, MD is very much closer to most of NJ than the western edge of PA. It's a 6hr drive from Phili to Pittsburgh, and that's right down the Penn turnpike (thump-thump, thump-thump...). It's 4.5 hrs from my field (Freestate RC) to the Lincon tunnel in to NYC. And it's roughly 45min from Freestate to the LCAA and PWCRCF.

Actually, Mark, what you need to do is get a contest going up there in NJ. I've seen a few people post from NJ bemoaning the lack of contests in that area. Make it happen, and let me know. I'll probably go and I'll certainly promote it.

btw, I also run an annoucement mailing list for the mid-atlantic region. There is now info on how to join it on the MidAtlanticCombat website.
Old 03-27-2003, 01:35 AM
Mark V

Default Jka Questions?

Mont.
I'll be somewhere around Clinton, NJ. It's about 30 mi. east of Bethlehem, Pa. The Endicott and Montrose contests won't be far away, two or three hours. It's about the same distance to Baltimore, and the NENATS in Salem. Are the Endicott and Montrose contests going to be listed on the RCCA contest calendar?

Get me the names and contact info you have for any combat fliers in norther NJ and 'll get in touch with them, about a Garden State combat meet. I'm a CD so i'll be glad to make it happen if I can find a club to join with at least a couple of combat fliers. We'll just have to see what happens.
Old 03-27-2003, 03:01 PM
Montague

Default Jka Questions?

Mark,
If you do the 2-3 hr drives, looks like I'll be seeing you quite a bit this season.

The Montrose and Endicott contests were listed last year, and were NPS contests. I assume they will be again. I've noticed that a lot of the local contests don't show up early on the RCCA page for some reason. That was a big reason for me to create MidAtlanticCombat, to try to track down contests early and get them posted where people can see them. And to help CDs prevent scheduling conflicts.

I didn't hang on to the info on the guys from NJ, sorry. But, I know there are people in NJ and eastern PA who want to fly combat. There sure are a lot of RC clubs in that area as well, some of them _have_ to have some guys who'd want to do combat. (my in-laws are in Bethlehem, so I've talked to some clubs up that way to sport-fly at during visits, but I haven't actually done it yet).
Old 03-29-2003, 02:25 AM
Mark V

Default Jka Questions?

It will take a little doing, but I'll figure out a way to get a contest going. I want to.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:11 PM
Montague

Default Jka Questions?

Mark,
Well, when you get something going, be sure to drop me a line. I'll at least get it posted, and I'll make it up there if I can.