Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Combat
Reload this Page >

Hottest Combat plane!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Combat Discuss rc combat planes, techniques and strategies here.

Hottest Combat plane!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2002, 08:22 AM
kwmtp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hottest Combat plane!

Check this airplane out. I have flown them and they are nothing short of awsome. I know the guy that kits them here in Tennessee, he's good people.

http://www.downhomerc.com/
Old 03-20-2002, 05:21 PM
FlyingGreg
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are several rudder/elevator planes on the combat scene now. I too, like the Down Home RC product.

I built a little bull to try this year in Open B combat. I am impressed with its aerial performance, but am concerned about durablility. I wish the wing foam was EPP. I built an extra set of tail feathers from coroplast and will be able to replace at the field.

I have a TT Pro.25 with a mousse can style muffler that runs very well.
Old 04-09-2002, 12:56 AM
Terror Dactyl

I hope that the guys at the Bull factory put a disclaimer or correct the misleading info on the RCCA "B" legal, as nothing larger than a .30 is legal in "B"

I guess they figure that the folks will know anyway. Oh well enough stirring the pot. Jim
Old 04-14-2002, 11:30 PM
coolman87

Default LiL Bull 25

YES!! The LiL Bull 25 is a great flying combat airplane. Ben and I flew them at the NATS and they did great! We just came back from the Robards, KY combat and we did pretty good, 1st and I got 5th. Don't worry about the fuse and the wing not being sturdy, they will take a "big beating" before they break!

Thanks
Addison
Old 04-18-2002, 02:04 AM
Stuck

'bout time you showed up here hoverkitty. I have not seen you at the feild lately, well that may be because I have not been to the feild lately.

See ya
Tatum
Old 04-18-2002, 02:07 AM
coolman87

Well Tatum, I have been very busy with school... and Ebay.... Dont you worrry about ole' Addison, "he'll fly till he'll die"....

See ya later,
Addison

PS- I should be in Indinia this weekend and the next weekend I will be in Washington.
Old 04-20-2002, 10:56 AM
tinman
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default combat

supposed to be a combat meet in tn. hosted by downhome? can only use ben's planes and no mods....apparently i can't fly due to the coro tail i use.. but its ok to soup up/mod yur motor? ...looks like i'll be stayin home and scratch blding my own from now on Ben.......-Tinman-
Old 04-21-2002, 02:57 PM
downhomerc

Jim,

Please explain what you mean by the Lil Bull 25 not being legal for RCCA Combat, with any engine under .30 and weight under 3.5 the plane is legal. Have been flying in RCCA and have had no problems at all please explain. Thanks,Ben

Tinman, There are all sorts of ways to make a No Bull stronger, but in this Contest on May 11th, I would like to see all planes stock. This event is geared for pilots that have never flown in R/C combat and don't really won't the guy's that know all the secerts of building and flying to come to this contest and take home the nice prizes that myself and Hobby Town are giving to the top 5 spots. All I am wanting to do is spark more interest in R/C combat in the area we fly in. (in a club for fun and low pressure event) as for the engine mods. I will be checking into this. Your kit came with a set of balsa tail feathers and all it takes to change to balsa is 4 bolts. why not change over for the contest, come on and win some nice prizes and swap back to the Coro if you wish, I think Coro is one of the greatest things in R/C combat to come along in years, but I feel it would not be fair to the guy's flying stock out of the box kit's. Remember it's all for fun! Come on and get your prizes, like a Radio, Motors, Kits, and all sorts of cool stuff.

,Ben

Old 04-21-2002, 08:40 PM
Tree Top Flyer

Default RCCA legal

Ben,

Can't speak for Jim, but the specs for the plane say engines form .25 to .32. I think he is confusing what can be used with what is legal in class B.

Just my .02.
Old 04-21-2002, 09:17 PM
downhomerc

Larry,

Thank you for the response. If this is the case then I am very sorry! The Lil Bull can be flown with a .32 engine and some pilots like this engine like the webra .32 . I use a Norvel 25, so yes on the box it does say .25 - .32 . But in competition at RCCA events .30 is the limit! Jim, if I have mislead you in any way again, I am very sorry!
Old 04-21-2002, 11:51 PM
Tattoo

I flew against a Lil bull last Saturday and No Bull today...Fantastic flying planes!!! BTW, Sassy's lil Bull is finished...and we hope to get out next weekend to wring it out!!! We're all in trouble now!!! She is working on her building review now...it came out looking great...and is just begging to fly!!!
Old 04-22-2002, 02:34 AM
Cajun

Ben, sounds like a great contest with a level playing field.

Good luck.

Friends
Cajun
Old 04-22-2002, 12:53 PM
downhomerc

Hello Cajun , Tattoo and others,

Heading out to the Hobby Shop today to pick up a bunch of very nice prizes for the contest, will fill you guy's in on whats going on in the great state of Tennessee as soon as I get back.

Great to here from you and looking forward to seeing you guy's at the Nat's if not sooner!

Take Care,
Ben
Old 04-22-2002, 11:26 PM
downhomerc

Well Guy's, BULLNANZA 2002 is a go! On may the 11th future Combat pilots from clubs all around the middle Tn. area will join for a day of fun and tuff competition, and anyone from out of town is welcome also to join in!

There will be close to $600.00 in prizes for the taking.

1st Prize - Will be a Skysport 4 radio, LA 40 engine and a No Bull 40 Kit.
2nd prize - LA 40 engine and a No Bull 40 Kit.
3rd prize - No Bull 40 Kit.

These are just a few of the prizes that will be given away at this event. There will also be a No Bull 40 Kit for the worst Mid-Air or Crash and this will be a decision made by me! And I can tell you now I hope it goes to a Rookie Combat Pilot, that may have only 1 plane to compete with. There will be prizes for at least the top 20 pilots. Mike Fredricks aka (Dr. Evil) has been nice enough to donate prizes also. And I need to mention he is the 2001 National Champion in RCCA R/C Combat! Thanks Mike!!!

I need to let you all know that this event is geared for the novice pilot that may have never seen a combat before, Im sure that some will show that have combated before but I don't think it will make much difference. So I say again all are welcome!

The rules for entering this event will be as follows.

The plane used must be a No Bull 40 powered by a LA 40, FP 40, GP 42 and a few other plain bearing (bushing) engines.
The engines must be stock! No tuned pipes and must have stock carbs. This means the carb. that came with that engine out of the box! or a replacement that is the same.
I will not be taking engines apart to check if they have been modified, this will be on a honor system.

The reason for this event is to promote R/C Combat in our area.
And as you can tell all will be on a level playing field, and anyone can walk away with the top prize! Here again I hope a Rookie takes it! And I don't want seem mean to the veterans, but can you see the smile on a pilots face if he won his first combat! That would be a great thing to see!!!!!!

This event will be sponsored by Down Home R/C with support from Hobby Town USA in Franklin, Tn. Thanks again Bobby!

I will be watching the forum to see whats going on and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

So get those planes ready boy's and come on out for a fun and low key event!

Good Luck!,
Ben
Old 04-22-2002, 11:47 PM
Terror Dactyl

Ben
The only thing I am refering to is that on the web site the page that has the Lil Bull 25 on it says that the plane is "B" legal and then lists the engine range up to a .32.

Sorry that I fell into the PC (politially correct) mode and was trying to making it impossible for anybody to be need to think for themselves and realize that the plane is "B" Legal and more.

Y'all take care and I will try to keep the tree hugger tendencies down. Jim
Old 04-23-2002, 12:29 AM
downhomerc

No problem Jim,

It just helps to keep me on my toes !

Happy flying and take care,
Ben
Old 04-23-2002, 07:05 PM
Jim D
My Feedback: (8)

Default The 'Stock' Bull rule

Well, I also picked up a Bull and considered the little event at Cane Ridge, but my Bull will not fly with the Balsa tail feathers again. Our club purchased somewhere around 13 of these planes and all-too-many have went in HARD after a relatively minor (in terms of combat) collisions. The balsa tail just shreds leaving you with a lawn dart. The following crash often also causes engine/fuse/radio damage because it goes straight in.

Yes I know carnage is just part of combat. But the balsa tail feathers are just not 'combat' grade. The cloroplast tail offers no performance improvement, just upgrades durability to a reasonable point.

As far as the plane, the No-Bull is a hoot to fly and combat with.
Old 04-23-2002, 11:26 PM
downhomerc

Jim, I understand what you are saying about the coroplast tail feathers and there is a good chance that in the near future the No Bull and LiL Bull kits will have coro tail feathers added to the kits! I have flown In RCCA contest and other combats in different parts of the country and know too well that coro would be a big plus to these kits. Also I would like to add that I have held my own in compititon against some of the BEST combat pilots in the country useing balsa and still to this day use balsa tails. and will keep useing balsa until next season.

The concern that I have is that the planes useing coro would have a clear advantage over balsa, as you have said that in mid airs the balsa can and will come apart if hit hard! Coro can come apart also, if hit in the right place.

The fine Folks at Middle Tenn. Radio Control Soc. (Cane Ridge) Have been nice enough to hold this contest at there field and Have bought somewere in the area of 20 kits from me and are hosting this LARGE event! Also folks from the clubs that I fly at on a regular basis fly the No Bull and are useing Balsa and will be at this contest. And if you remember I talked to your club about hosting this event and if the answer had have been yes then there would be no question if coro could be used. But as it turns out MTRCS will hold the event and I will stand by what these pilots wish.

I sure hate to see pilots that want to fly combat not make an event over something so simple, that I have worked so hard at to get going! I want all on a even playing field and I think this not asking that much. This is a event that is for fun and a good time and to try and stir more interest in combat, It's just too much fun to pass up!

This event will be held at MTRCS field by the rules they choose! the way I see it that would be the only way it should be done.

If they change there mind and decide to let coro fly at this event then I will back them 100% but until this happens if it does, It will be by there rules.

This is just the way it is! Maybe next year your club may want to host the event and we would go by the rules you choose. I can't be more fair then that.

Keep on flying no matter what! And the key is to have fun!!!!!!!

Thanks,
Ben Morrow
Old 04-24-2002, 02:19 AM
Jim D
My Feedback: (8)

Originally posted by downhomerc
And if you remember I talked to your club about hosting this event and if the answer had have been yes then there would be no question if coro could be used. But as it turns out MTRCS will hold the event and I will stand by what these pilots wish.
No Ben, that's not the whole truth. The answer was yes. Our club president went about trying to nail down a date and when he did contact you with a date, you simply told him, 'well good luck with your event'. We were all left a bit confused by that development.

Now, the guys at Cane Ridge are a great group of flyers and I'm glad to see them hosting the event. I wish them the best of success. And I agree, their field, them hosting, their rules. Nuff said.
Old 04-24-2002, 03:10 AM
downhomerc

Jim,
The good luck with your events part was meant in a good way! and in no way nothing against the Columbia Club. I feel you have a fine club with lots of members and that was part of the problem.

Some members wanted a combat and some did not. The President of your club was doing nothing more than watching out for it's members! Your club has so many events already that the members or President felt that they did not want to hold a combat meet because it would take a full day for the event, and did not want the members that already had so many events for this year, to hold another would have taken away from the weekend flyers, Sunday flyers and so on.

This is a good thing , more clubs should have a President that watches out for the members as he has done.

Hat's off to him for this!

All is well and I wish nothing but the best for your club!

Just want to get it right ! and this is what I was told.

,Ben
Old 04-24-2002, 04:46 PM
MTDH

Ben,
Ialso have one of your no bulls that I have made a modification to the wing, but I understand the spirit of this thing is box stock.
So I will build a new wing and see you May 11.
Also the club in Bon Aqua Tn (Highway 46, south of Dickson) is having a 40 size combat for charity on June 2 All procedes to go to the eye foundation.
Jim just unbolt your coro tail and put balsa on and join the fun at cain ridge. the back to coro for Bon Aqua.
Just a note, My no bull has been through SEVERAL mid-airs and still has the original balsa tail feathers on it
Old 04-24-2002, 06:18 PM
Terror Dactyl

I have a bunch of what started this flying balsa tail (Raptor) popularity thing anyway and very rarely have a tailfeathers problem until we get too agressive and start doing full contact with no streamer.

There seems to be a trend with midairs. When you have a lot of newbies and when you have a bunch of old salts that are trying to go for the half of the string next to the plane.

Take care. Jim
Old 04-25-2002, 12:21 AM
Tattoo

Hey Ben!
Check this out...Sassy's Lil Bull is finished...is it weekend yet!!!???

Old 04-25-2002, 10:24 AM
downhomerc

WOW! Sassy, Your Lil Bull Looks Fantastic!! Tattoo had better watch out! I think your going to be giving him fits in the air, with a Ribbon hanging on your tail and His hanging off your wing! Ha Ha! (sorry Tattoo) For all you combat nuts out there, This little lady is very well known in the RCCA and SPAD circle. I had the pleasure of meeting and sitting around and talking with her at the combat meet in Paris Tx. this year, while her man Tattoo took 3rd place in the Paris Tx. RCCA event! Also here about 2 weeks ago she entered her very first combat ever! and took home the second place honors. Flying against some of the big dogs out in her neck of the woods. A Big Congrats to you Sassy! and thank you for sharing this picture with all of us! Just be sure and take it easy on Tattoo! again Great Job!!!

MTDH,

Glad you will be making the May 11th event at the MTRCS field, also thanks for making the mod's needed to keep the plane legal! We should have a very good turn out of combat pilots and I am very much looking forward to handing out some great prizes! I will take this chance to wish you GOOD LUCK! and maybe you can walk away with the top spot! I also will be at the Bon Aqua, Tn. Chairty event, looking forward to mixing it up with the guy's and gal's ! at this event, and as you said, It will be for a very good cause. Thanks to the Bon Aqua club for holding this event also!!
Again Thanks, And looking forward to seeing you on May the 11th!

Good Luck to All

Thanks again,
Ben
Old 04-28-2002, 02:24 PM
downhomerc

Hello All,

I have just heard from the President of the MTRCS, this is the club that will be hosting The Bullnanza event on May 11th at Cain Ridge Park. I am very pleased to let all Combat Pilots that planed to attend but had issues about the Coroplast Tailfeathers that they will be allowed in this Contest!

This update is very good news for me as all I was hopeing for is a fun filled day of Club type low pressure Combat.

So for all that wish to use the Coroplast Tailfeathers please feel free to attend, and join in on the fun! I am very much looking forward to meeting and talking to all Pilots at the Contest.

I also will be taking photo's of all Pilots and there planes to send to RCX Mag. The event will also be Video Taped so we can look back and see what it looks like on our TV's! Most people that have watched a Combat on video after the contest wonder how they ever made it through that mess!!

So now that we have the bugs worked out, lets get in the air and go after some ribbon's, have fun and win some great prizes!

If anyone has any questions please post on this forum and I will try to give the best answer I can, and if I can't the CD of this event will! I will be wondering around at the field on the day of the Combat to help in anyway I can.

Don't Forget some sticky stuff for the leading edge of your wing! This helps a ton at snatching ribbon's!

See you all on the 11th!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.