Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
Reload this Page >

Self made (DIY) drift track. under $100.Pics, vid inside!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Self made (DIY) drift track. under $100.Pics, vid inside!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 04:48 PM
CSOCSO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Self made (DIY) drift track. under $100.Pics, vid inside!

FAIL...well... after i wrote down everything i realised i shouldnt hit backspace when linkin a pic
here it is again:

what you need:

Pool noodles (get the regular ones, not the jumbo/big ones for a couple of turns you will need at least 12, maybe 16pcs)
$2 ea

Zip ties (BIGONES! bigger is better , DONTCUToff the end of it!!!!!!! you need to put bricks on these hanging zip ties so the noodle stays in shape and wont move if you hit them with the car)
around $10-15 at home depot
ALLZIPTIES MUSTFACETHESAMEDIRECTION

3 zip ties each noodle should be fine

1 inch thick hose that you will need to cut up to 6 inches... insert these inside the noodle tube so you can connect them together
$15 at home depot

NOW.... you will connect 3-4 noodles together. make sure the zip ties facing the same direction and put them down and place bricks on the zip ties and make sure it has a nice round shape

THERESULTS:

this is only 12 noodles.

100% reusable.. take it to ANYWHERE.. slap it out and PLAY! i think its perfect for a get together event too! ask you friend to help out with the couple dollars... each of you spend $40 and you guys could have a huge and nice track!

Iknow some of you just laying down painters tape with some cones.. it is cheaper... besides the fact that you need to keep buying painters tape which is like $6 and you can only use it once (of course it will be enough for a few tracks)
But hey. i think it looks funky and you wont bounce off the painters tape... here.... you really have to watch those lines.

YOUTUBEVIDEO
youtu.be/OmR0uY-R0Vs#t=​1m15s
Old 07-21-2011, 02:43 AM
GALAXY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Self made (DIY) drift track. under $100.Pics, vid inside!

That's a pretty good idea!
Old 07-28-2011, 04:54 PM
PsychoZulu

that looks preety cool! but maybe you could fill the noodles with sand so that you wont need the bricks any more? or at least less bricks?
Old 07-28-2011, 06:08 PM
CSOCSO

not sure......... i might try it but i dont think it would be heavy enough to make it stay in a shape. plus you have to zip the some bags on the ends so the sand wouldnt leak everywhere