Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
Reload this Page >

Help for a begginer student !

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Help for a begginer student !

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 02:56 AM
alieny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help for a begginer student !

Hello !
My name is cosmin and i'm a student in informatics!

I will need to finish my degree and i need to make a project and for that my first thought was building a RC car.
The thing is , I'm a begginer on this domain and i need some help from some experts. I want to build a car with a microcontroller board in it to perform some programs by itself.
I want to make a program that can make the car to make a "drifting lap" by itself.
Please don't shoot me for asking this but i need to learn how to make this type of car and i need help for it ..I am a begginer to this and i already read some topics in this forum and didn't answer'd my questions.

So it's like this:
1. what parts i need to buid a drifting car(i dont need the car to run with a speed over 70mph )?
2. It is posible to make a connection between my microcontroller and the motor?

3. I want to make an electric car
4. i have a lot of time to learn how to make this and i can start put some money away for it.(specify how much the parts will cost)

Again I ask you guys to be gentle with me i am a begginer and I can be a fast learner , so if you guys have some link where i can learn about the parts , blueprits of cars , electric specifications and things like that.

Thank you for you'r support !

Old 09-29-2012, 01:17 PM
narwalrus
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help for a begginer student !

You can certainly do this. I'd look at the Tamiya TT01 RTR for roughly $150USD. There are better drifters available, but the shaft drive means room for electronics, and its lower speed so good for robots. Essentially all you need (for drift) is a 4WD RC car with plastic or hard rubber tires (I use ABS/PVC pipe).