Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
Reload this Page >

My drift car steering problem need help please

Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

My drift car steering problem need help please

Old 06-23-2014, 06:02 PM
Drifter408

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My drift car steering problem need help please

i got my tamiya TB-03 VDS DRIFT kit ...and when i was ready to try the car, it starts to shake like hell when i throttle and turn, if i remowe the steering stop and turn more. and gas it almost jumps forward and sounds like its going to brake. i cant find the problem, i tried for 6 hours but coulden't find anything. i tried too change to my one way diff and spurgear holder, but it still shakes. what can the problem be. the car isn't able to drift with in this condition... I've done whatever I can ..please someone help I've been struggling for 3 days now
Old 06-27-2014, 06:25 PM
gokemidoro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First, check your steering end points. This you can do with the "travel" setting on your TX. Whatever you're running up front may be the problem. If the TB03 doesn't have CVD's, the dogbone/cup arrangement is where it may be coming from. CVD's also have a limit to how far they can deflect, so checking and reducing slightly, your settings might help.
Then check the ENTIRE drivetrain, from the motor outward. there may be something impinging on something else somewhere. The TB03 is very tight, in regard to how electronics are arranged, which might be part of why you can't see anything right away.

Whatever you do, do it systematically. Check each subassembly carefully. You don't specify where exactly the problem might be, for not knowing, so go from front to back, and review the manual while you do this. You may have assembled something incorrectly. It happens.