Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Don't hit me. I'm a NOOB

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't hit me. I'm a NOOB

S'happening. First of all..I LOVE THIS SITE. Okay. Now on to the question...well, not so much a question but more so an opinion inquiry. First off, I'm in KUWAIT (deployed), so what i can get and get INTO is limited. Aaaaaaaanywho, I've been into drifting for quite some time. Being over here without a car SUX, so I ordered a Yokomo D1 package (Hyper Sylvia RS2) to get me thru my fix. I'm new to r/c drifting. as a matter of fact, I'm new to r/c period. I dabbled a bit a few years ago, but I could never bring myself to spend the money to get into it since I was building life size cars and whatnot. Well, now, I'm into it (baptism by fire type of thing). I'm just curious on people's opinions of the package as far as drifting ability.

Also, FYI, My dad bought me (for Christmas) the Import 2nr 350z. nOW, I don't HATE the car, but it's not what I expected (hence, I just bought my own). Anywho, I've totally stripped the car (got rid of all the ricey lights that serve no real purpose), I've shaved quite a bit a wieght from it. Here's the problem. I set it up like I would a full size car (as far as hwo I went about shaving wieght and whatnot). Here's the BIGGER problem. It seems to only have one drive wheel AND, it's only RWD. I already know I won't be able to make it AWD (since it's not supposed to be modifiable at all) but is there any way to make it at least 2RWD so I can get some type of turnage out of it. I can do pwr slides and donoughts but it won't drift. Should I just put it in my wallocker or keep it as a side project?
Comments, questions, concerns...
Old 01-01-2006, 04:45 PM

Default RE: Don't hit me. I'm a NOOB

To mod a "toy" would take a lot of work. Not to mention the stronger motor you would NEED, more sensitive steering that would be appropriate and throttle control.

The only thing to do would be to just buy a real RC then use the 350z body on it.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:02 PM
My Feedback: (1)

sideprojcet. drifting a rc 2wd is very hard. even tho possible very fustrating to do. all you need to get is a 4wd car. cheapest would be a tamiya xb tt-01. if you dont know what it is google it. you can find it on ebay for less than 100 used. thn put some pvc or abs and your drifting
Old 01-01-2006, 08:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Neon_guy

I ordered a Yokomo D1 package (Hyper Sylvia RS2) to get me thru my fix. I'm new to r/c drifting. as a matter of fact, I'm new to r/c period. I dabbled a bit a few years ago, but I could never bring myself to spend the money to get into it since I was building life size cars and whatnot. Well, now, I'm into it (baptism by fire type of thing). I'm just curious on people's opinions of the package as far as drifting ability.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^[:-]
Yeah. I got something to really get serious with. I was just effin around with teh other car cuz it was a present. And that 350Z body probably won't go onto anything else. If you take those things apart (and I have) it's like a gabillion screws. Normally, I wouldn't have bothered with it. But, I'm at war. Not like I have something better to do.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most NON TOY rc use posts to hold the body so you would just have to drill holes in the body to hold it into position with clips