Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Gyro (cheating?)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 08:35 AM
Hammerhead808

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gyro (cheating?)

I think it's a good learning aid. It definitely gets rid of the frustration factor when learning. As you get better, just tone it down to the point where you don't need it anymore.
It's like training wheels on a bike.
For all those people calling people learning with it "noobs", you wouldn't walk up to a little girl on a bike with training wheels and call her a "noob", would you?
Old 03-18-2007, 08:57 AM
magnat

Frustration = perserverance = Better drifter..

Gyro's and D-Box's are Training wheels, it would take you longer to ween yourself off it again..

Start with the Basics and move from there...
Don't go thinking you can be full pro in 10 mins and you will be fine..

Some people do have natural car control and can drift really good in 10 mins.. others it can take longer but I do firmly beleive in practice over Training devices..
Old 03-18-2007, 09:16 AM
Hammerhead808

ORIGINAL: A.U.S.O

Gyro's and D-Box's are Training wheels, it would take you longer to ween yourself off it again..
If you're turning the gyro down while you're learning to the point where it's actually off, isn't that, in a sense, weening?

It all depends on the will of the person. Frustration could equally result in quitting
Old 03-18-2007, 04:18 PM
fugadude

I agree, better to enjoy developing your skills as a drifter than to make it too easy and get bored with it
Old 03-18-2007, 05:32 PM
magnat

ORIGINAL: Hammerhead808

If you're turning the gyro down while you're learning to the point where it's actually off, isn't that, in a sense, weening?

It all depends on the will of the person. Frustration could equally result in quitting

Yes HammerHead it is, but in the few Hours it has taken you to ttune the gyro out, you could be sliding with greater sucess quicker..
Those who choose to bail if they can't do it, were never ment to drift anyway..

Natural Selection : Only those who are meant to drift will drift..
Old 03-19-2007, 07:42 AM
FireStriker

Natural Selection : Only those who are meant to drift will drift..
TRUE DAT![8D]
Old 03-20-2007, 03:31 PM
psychorevo

I was very impressed. Now that's how those guys in the drift videos so it!!

O yea, I was impressed because it pretty much prevents you from understeering right?

O yea, will it work with a 2WD drive car?

Looks fun. Were they using Yokomo rings or just ABS?

I just want to get it because I like trying new things and I love technology!!

YAYA!!!!
Old 03-20-2007, 03:54 PM
joeyblaze

I was very impressed. Now that's how those guys in the drift videos so it!!

i highly doubt it

i think its a good tool to learn, or good for the person who really doesnt want to be the best of the best but just wants to have fun sliden around in there driveway. I think its a good idea for the non hardcore just screwing around drifter. or good for the people who can get the hack of it.

i think its bad becasue now u will have alot of kids acting like drift kings when its gyro doing all the work.

i myself just may pick one up for ****s and gigles to try it out in all of my RC.

Its like Buying a Brand new PC game and Using Cheats from the get go
come who doesnt do this, yes its cheating but its mad fun to run around with all the guns and just blast the crap out of poeple, thats why i think the gyro is good for the non hardcore drifter some one like me who just wants to have fun and not care about being the best drifter and having street cred... lol

lol do you think the real cars have this things installed in there cars lol no
umm alot of "realcars" have much more complex systems installed such as stablitrac in my 1:1 CTS and many other have dynamic stabilty control or what ever else they call it.

any way i was just looken on Tower and found a GYRO from gws for 35 bucks, you think this would work as well as the 61 doller futaba one..

Futaba Gyro 61 bucks
[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXKTT2&P=7]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXKTT2&P=7[/link]
Specs :
SPECS: Length: 0.87" (22.2mm)
Width: 0.90" (22.8mm)
Height: 0.35" (8.9mm)
Weight: 0.24oz (6.7g) including connector
Operating Voltage: 4.8 to 6.0V DC
Current Drain: 15mA at 4.8V
Operating Temperature Range: -5°to +45°C
Functions: Sensitivity trimmer and LED monitor
Gyro Sensor: Piezoelectric
Functions: Sensitivity trimmer and LED monitor
Voltage- use only with a 4.8V battery. (if you use it with a
higher voltage battery it needs to be regulated to 6.0V)

GWS Gyro 35 bucks
[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMSF8&P=7]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMSF8&P=7[/link]
Specs:
SPECS: Length: 1" (26.0mm)
Width: 1.1" (27.0mm)
Height: 0.44" (11.3mm)
Weight: 0.25oz (7.0g) w/case
0.17" (4.8g) w/o case
Power Supply: 4.8V-6.0V
Current Draw: 10mA (4.8V)
Gain Adjustment: Signal Rate, Non-Remote
Operation Temperature: -5°C to 60°C
Applicable R/C System: Futaba

No both of these say 4.8 to 6 dont most cars run at 7.2
Old 03-21-2007, 07:46 AM
FireStriker

^^^I think hes for it
Old 03-21-2007, 11:15 PM
joeyblaze

^^^I think hes for it
nah i can just understand why u would get it, i can all ready drift im no pro but im ok i can use that money better lol
Old 03-22-2007, 07:35 AM
FireStriker

Oh ok that clears it up![8D]
Old 03-24-2007, 03:37 AM
Jeremycv

GWS gyro will work fine... I initially installed one on my brushless Mini Quake SE to help stabilize it then later moved it to my nitro drifter to try it out, made drifting too easy it bored the heck out of me after a few mins ... so I moved it back to the MQ...

difference between GWS gyro and the HPI D-box, other than the big price difference, is that the HPI auto cailbrates itself everytime you turn it on... GWS on the other hand you'll have to cailbrate it yourself, which doesn't take much anyway... your best bet is the GWS...

Old 03-24-2007, 04:08 AM
SFC K

I just read that they may be allowed for use during racing. They even work on most cars except 1/8 buggies. Apparently the buggies are too twitchy for it to react quickly enough. It was tested on a monster truck going full bore into a corner and it didn’t roll. That’s amazing. Will I get one, probably not…
Old 03-25-2007, 01:10 AM
rally tuned

Someone asked if it stps understeer. No it stops over steer.
there designed for choppers to stop the tail rackin off.
Takes out all the skill needed to drift.
will extended learning time on how to drift by heaps.

Is lame and cant belive HPI came out with such a pathetic piece of equipment
Old 07-25-2007, 06:19 PM
crackerboxdaddy222

im kinda confused about the whole dbox thing do u steer any different or do u steer like a normal turn and it makes it drift? idont get it please help
Old 07-27-2007, 09:12 AM
Dragon Soaring

For drifting any gyro can keep up with any car.
gyro=cheating?? I don't think so. if you want to spend the money its your money.

I don't use one and no one i know uses one and we seem to do ok.

in a comp then i would want a level playing field.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:13 AM
Calamari100

omg, I think gyros are cheating, and are for n00bs who dont want real, pure skill.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:39 AM
young-boater

its been known for people to get a piezo gyro off ebay and they work great have a look on youtube for the evidence im going to get one but many people ideas about dbox and gyros are they are a cheat or enhancement buh personaly i think there great ideas lol just the same as locking the difs its a modifiaction...
Old 11-09-2008, 09:48 PM
forrest225

ORIGINAL: crackerboxdaddy222

im kinda confused about the whole dbox thing do u steer any different or do u steer like a normal turn and it makes it drift? idont get it please help
You go into a turn like you would to start to drift.
When the car starts sliding it counter steers for you.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
If there is still any question about it. Any gyro can be used in any sized car/truck/buggy/hovercraft/boat/helicopter/plane(used in 3d to assist hovering and such)
Nitro/electric/gas IF IT HAS A RECEIVER AND A SERVO IT WILL WORK
Also the dBox is just a re badged futaba but i don't know for sure which one it is.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:45 PM
edboy707

i use them on my revo and on the dirt it is the greatest when u hit a small rock and it bucks it corects its self ...when i stuck it my drift car i was like wow... it helped me feel the car out and then i slowly turn it down till i got good .... i stil have it on so when my buddies drive it they dont get butt hurt when they cant drift then they buy a car and its another bud to drift with lol
Old 12-30-2010, 05:48 AM
Bahamut
My Feedback: (12)

I typically keep my nose out of these discussions, but come on. We use AWD cars to drift. There's more than enough control without the dbox or gyros.

If you can't pick up RC drifting in a AWD then your probably in the wrong hobby. Slap on a front one way diff, lock the rear, and you should be good to go after a battery or two.

Just my thoughts.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:53 PM
kstmRYD

ORIGINAL: psychorevo

I was very impressed. Now that's how those guys in the drift videos so it!!........

YAYA!!!!
No!!!! those guys on the videos wouldn't be caught dead with a d-box. We do it with pure skill, which came with a lot of practice and tuning. When I was first introduced to drifitng I got a d-box used it for one day, to be honest it will not teach you to drift, I sold it right away. Learn how to drift yourself, you will love it!

This is an old video of us fooling around with a camera we just had gotten and mounted it on a car.......no d-box here!!! that drift action is all in the finger!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CH1Qzqsr0s

Some of these guys here had only been drifting for a short time, got some pointers from experienced guys and now they totally can rock it.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:15 PM
DizzyRonson

so.. if i take my big lama heli, and borrow that lil box with two adjustment screws and gyro written on it.
and stick it in my sc8.. it would start to easymode around corners? if so. where should i put it and where to connect it?

im just interested in what would happen to my sc8.. its snow and ICE outside here its no problem with the sc8 on the ice thoug.. it drifts like a offroad drifter.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:33 PM
fastcrash

ORIGINAL: DizzyRonson

so.. if i take my big lama heli, and borrow that lil box with two adjustment screws and gyro written on it.
and stick it in my sc8.. it would start to easymode around corners? if so. where should i put it and where to connect it?

im just interested in what would happen to my sc8.. its snow and ICE outside here its no problem with the sc8 on the ice thoug.. it drifts like a offroad drifter.
Plug the gyro into the steering slot on your reciever, then plug your steering servo into your gyro. then mount the gyro with double sided foam tape to the car, preferably in the same plane as it was on the lama. adjust the sensitivity to your liking, and your done.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:50 PM
fastcrash

I just looked at the pile of garbage that used to be my big outdoor lama, and that gyro is completely different than what you need to do this. The BOL gyro mixes the throttle of the two main rotor motors to hold heading, you need a gyro designed for a conventional tail rotor equipped heli such as this: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10113 I may just pull the eflight gyro off my blade sr cause the heli is useless for anything other than taking up space/decoration.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.