Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
Reload this Page >

What's with all the hype about the TT-01????

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

What's with all the hype about the TT-01????

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 02:40 AM
FireStriker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What's with all the hype about the TT-01????

I have a xxx-s
Old 10-25-2006, 02:40 AM
Gex_61

Default What's with all the hype about the TT-01????

I am starting to get back into the drifting scene again. I have my Team Losi xxx-s that I bought specifically for drifting (I'm more of an offroad guy but I do like drifting). I usually don't look at the drifting forums to much.

I was just wondering why everyone on this forum has a TT-01. Every other post is about it and everyone highly recommends it. So, what is it about this car?????

Does anyone here drift with an electric Losi or Associated? Any other sedan besides the TT-01?
Old 10-25-2006, 04:44 AM
Auslide
Banned

Here we go Lets me Sum it up as quick as possible...

The Tamiya TT-01 is the International Standard Drift Chassis
Why??

The TT-01 is Very affordable, Easy to build, comes in Many different Kit Styles with many Different Bodies.

Being a Tub Chassis, The Electrics are well protected and the Tub is Very solid, so it will take all the Gutter slamming a Noob will give it..

There are Hundreds of Hop up or "Bling Parts " for it allowing Full customisation.
A Stock TT-01 drifts out of the Box and with only a few minor Hop ups like an alloy Prop shaft, wheel Bearings and oil filled Shocks the TT-01 will suite the Rookie to the Advanced Drifter..
They need not have to buy another chassis to drift...

It is a Drift Proven chassis with Parts support world wide.. Most Hobby stores either sell them or can get parts for them.. It is Used by Rookies and Pro's alike..
It has some Great Idiot Proof features like Covered Spurs and pinions so this limits Pebble Damage when used in un prepped surfaces.
With an Alloy Prop shaft and bearing kit it has wicked acceleration even with the stock 27T motor.

The TT-01 comes in the Following Set ups

TT-01 Kit V1 : Comes with Shell, MSC, 27T motor (plastic bearings and propshaft)
TT-01 Kit V2. TEU101BK ESC, Shell, 27T Motor (Plastic Bearings and Prop shaft)
TT-01D : Comes with Sports Tuned 23T motor, Oil filled Shocks and Bearings WRX Bodyshell (Plastic Propshaft)
TT-01 R : Oil filled Shocks, Alloy Propshaft and Bearings with a 25T GT Tuned Motor
TT-01 Xb Pro : A Kit V2 RTR

too many Shells to mention fit the TT-01
HPI Shells will fit but You must do your own Bodypole Holes to suite the TT-01
Old 10-25-2006, 05:20 AM
aReOhwhY

ORIGINAL: magnat
The Tamiya TT-01 is the International Standard Drift Chassis
This comment is a little far fetched. It is well known that Yokomo was the first to cater to the RC drift genre with an application-specific chassis.

While everyone may have their own beliefs as to why the TT-01 is so popular, the underlying factor is the affordability of it. Come on, an RTR can be had for $150 or less.

I, personally, have not drifted a TT-01, but I have drifted the following cars...

-Yokomo Drift Package
-Tamiya TL-01
-Schumacher Mission
-Yokomo MR-4TC BD
-Rayspeed Ultimate SD
Old 10-25-2006, 05:50 AM
itsnotskidding

i have drifted the yoko but changed to the tt01...
my reason being that i had trouble waiting for parts, now i work in a hobby shop so i can see the problems when people want to upgrade the car, on the other hand yoko DID.. start the drift scene, the tt01 is great and is my new bling baby but to be honest it does not matter on the car..(well kind of).. but the skill, mt bro has the sprint 2, its all about what you can afford and the style of car you want, tamiya are popular because of there wide range of hop-ups and many stores can get the parts.

Old 10-25-2006, 06:03 AM
firebird76

I have a TT-01D, and it drifts like crazy when I wan't it two, even though the sport tuned motor is 27 turns. Why get it? easy to drift with, super strong,and cheap. The D version has a lot of Hop ups, and great Drift Tires.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:15 AM
Neon_guy

Uhhhh...wow. I wouldn't say it's the International drift standard, but for all the other reasons listed, that's why most people have them. I personally have a Yok MR-4TC and a Traxxas 4-tec. The Yok is rather annoying and was expensive but it never breaks (thank God). The Traxxas was used and cheap (inexpensive) and parts are easy to find. However, it rarely sees track time cuz it's technically my fiance's car and she...well, anywho, that's why people do the TT-01 thing but plenty of us have other chassis.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:24 AM
FireStriker

almost all 4wd can drift with a few mods
Old 10-25-2006, 01:45 PM
C.A.R.

The TT01 is cheap and easy. (avoids making a 'like your mum' comment)

They should have called it an EZ01!

For this reason It IS the international standard in drift chassis.

Magnat is right. Though it may not be the best or be to everyone's taste; it is a building block.

You buy one; you learn everything, and you move on.

I have 3 TT01's; and I work in a Tamiya dealers. I know all there is to know about them and I sell a chassis at about a rate of 1 per day.

Chris
Old 10-25-2006, 05:03 PM
Auslide
Banned

The Yokomo may have been the First but it is not the Standard...
The TT-01 has Gained enough of a reputation to become the Standard..

It doesnt matter where you are in the World, Nearly all Drifters have had experience on a TT-01, Not all, but most..

Yes there are other Chassis, But the Question was "What is all the Hype around the TT-01"

The Hype is, Its Cheap, affordable and Drifts Extremely well for very little money..
Old 10-27-2006, 05:47 AM
itsnotskidding

i agree with above..^^^ magnat

but 2 be honest and i must admit im a lil board with everyone asking what the hype is with the tt01....
PLEASE READ THE ABOVE LINKS IN THS FORUM, ITS TELLS YOU EVERYTHING.....INCLUDING PEOPLES THOUGHS, OPIONIONS AND HOP-UPS..LOL

sorry for the shouting..^^^^... but everytime i log on the same questions are being asked..lol
Old 10-30-2006, 06:00 PM
wampir

yes, you can drift pretty much anything, I drift my mini LST (2" pvc fits perfect on a set of rims), and my buddy drifts his rc18T. The only real choice in the matter is what kind of aftermarket support you have in your area (ie dont buy something you cant get parts for easily).

Old 10-30-2006, 07:35 PM
Spartan-Drifter
Banned

Im plannin on buyin a ta04. A friend of mine has one and says they are pretty good. Hard if youd like to get better Like me I want to get even better than I am with a tt01[8D]
Old 10-31-2006, 02:18 PM
tc4savage25TT-01

i dont know i have tt-01 my bro has a xxx-s i think tt01 drifts better but i have a bad motor my bro has the orion revolution and it doesnt drift picks up tractioni to much
Old 10-31-2006, 06:24 PM
Spartan-Drifter
Banned

Theres many motors to choose from. If I had to pick a brand of motor I would pick trinity's motors(that includes Epic Motorsports
Old 11-12-2007, 10:20 AM
ELK

my dad said he will give me $500 i thinking of gettin a TT-01D or a team losi drift-r.
what should i get. and what are good drift tires.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:52 PM
TIGER76

I think the tt-01 is popular due to the price and how well it handles drifting,there are alot more better kits out there with more adjustability but for the price the tt-01 cant be beat
ive always been a tam fan in rc so that swayed my vote for the tt-01 u always get quality with tamiya at any price range[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 11-12-2007, 01:32 PM
DriftProjectR

i drift a yokomo now, i use to drift a tc4, a sprint (got stolen out of my car), and a tt01 (just sold it).

tt01 is a great budget drifter.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:55 PM
GTB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Yok was not the first drift car. The Tamiya TT-01D was the first 'drift car''. I have the RC Car Magazine it came in, and this was in 05. I drift a TA05, and the only reason why TT-01's are popular, is cause, they are cheap.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:03 PM
joeyblaze

TT-01 Kit V1 : Comes with Shell, MSC, 27T motor (plastic bearings and propshaft)
TT-01 Kit V2. TEU101BK ESC, Shell, 27T Motor (Plastic Bearings and Prop shaft)
TT-01D : Comes with Sports Tuned 23T motor, Oil filled Shocks and Bearings WRX Bodyshell (Plastic Propshaft)
TT-01 R : Oil filled Shocks, Alloy Propshaft and Bearings with a 25T GT Tuned Motor
TT-01 Xb Pro : A Kit V2 RTR
You also forgot to mention the TT01-R comes with Adjustable Upper Arms and Rear upper Arms allowing you to play with camber, at also comes with dif knunkles to alow 0 or 2 degrees toe in. and 3 dif spur gears

the TT-01R is just as adjustable as any Yok i have seen.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:36 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i plan to buy a tt-01 in the spring, for many of the reasons mentioned above. you can buy, customize, and personalize for fairly cheap.
yeh,its not as advanced as other cars, but not as costly.
same reason i run traxxas truck, their not the best,strongest,or fastest, but they are fairly cheap, reliable, and fun.

i poor(compared to others into rc) so i want to buy vehicles that are balance(cost,realiable,features,materials)
the tt-01 is a balanced car
Old 01-20-2008, 02:48 PM
sanshu

yo gtb, the yokomo kit came out in 2004!
Old 01-20-2008, 04:49 PM
ryuhito

ORIGINAL: Auslide

Here we go Lets me Sum it up as quick as possible...

Being a Tub Chassis, The Electrics are well protected and the Tub is Very solid, so it will take all the Gutter slamming a Noob will give it..
Sounds like the XXX-S

There are Hundreds of Hop up or "Bling Parts " for it allowing Full customisation.
A Stock TT-01 drifts out of the Box and with only a few minor Hop ups like an alloy Prop shaft, wheel Bearings and oil filled Shocks the TT-01 will suite the Rookie to the Advanced Drifter..
XXX-S again, but it comes with oil-filled shocks and bearings (edit: OK MAYBE not as many bling parts as for the TT)

It is a Drift Proven chassis with Parts support world wide.. Most Hobby stores either sell them or can get parts for them.. It is Used by Rookies and Pro's alike..
It has some Great Idiot Proof features like Covered Spurs and pinions so this limits Pebble Damage when used in un prepped surfaces.
XXX-S again. lol. I'm not bashing the TT-01. Although I drift with a XXX-S, I am going to buy a TT-01 and set it up as my full-time drift car and leave my XXX-S in grip mode. About the only drawback to the XXX-S would be for someone who prefers a shaft-drive drifter, or someone on a small budget.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:18 PM
ravenlunatic

I own both the TT01 and the XXX-S, personally i favor the XXX-S because it can handle speed better than the TT01. i love drifting but there are times when you just need to satisfy your speed need and the TT01 just does not come with the fine tuning capability as the XXX-S so at hi-speeds the TT01 is all over the place. Also it's so nice to have the best of both worlds in one vehicle!
Old 01-20-2008, 06:47 PM
peetiewonder

ORIGINAL: GTB

The Yok was not the first drift car. The Tamiya TT-01D was the first 'drift car''. I have the RC Car Magazine it came in, and this was in 05. I drift a TA05, and the only reason why TT-01's are popular, is cause, they are cheap.
ORIGINAL: sanshu

yo gtb, the yokomo kit came out in 2004!

yeah dude i have the rccaraction issue with the 180sx mr4tc on the cover if u dont believe him

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.