Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
Reload this Page >

Micro RS4 rear problem. Please help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Micro RS4 rear problem. Please help

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 06:57 PM
joeyhatch11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micro RS4 rear problem. Please help

Just got a Micro RS4 in the mail today, off ebay. So of course there are issues with it. Pretty much just the rear. The diff is really loose and seems to drive like ass. A lot of slip in the rear and nice and tight in the front. I took it apart and it seems like there's a rubber washer missing. This is my first Micro RS4 so I dont know much and could really use the help. I looked on the web and saw that with the Optional Diff from HPI, it comes with two rubber washers. When I took mine apart, I only found one and it was at the end of the shaft, last to come off. Someone please help me figure this out. Pics or install guides for the Optional Diff would be nice. I already tried using HPI's web site and downloaded the owners manual. Didn't help much because it only shows how to install stock diff. Thanks Guys, Joe Foster
Old 10-21-2008, 05:20 AM
harley05

Default RE: Micro RS4 rear problem. Please help

OK, REAR DIFF LOOSE...PROBLEMS, IF IT CAME LIKE THAT TO YOU, SEND IT BACK STRAIGHT AWAY. YOU HAVE THE PROOF OF PUECHACE AND E MAILS TO BACK IT UP. RE-ASSEMBLE THE CAR AND SEND IT BACK AS IT WAS WHEN YOU OPENED IT. IT WASNT YOUR FAULT THE CAR TURNED UP LIKE THAT. IM NOT GOING TO GO INTO MY BAD EXPERIANCE WITH BUYING A RC ONLINE FOR A MATE. BUT SEND IT BACK.......AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THE PROOF OF PURCHACE YOUR SWEET AS.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:27 AM
joeyhatch11

The guy from ebay says that the rear diff is a GPM but i couldn't find a rear diff made by GPM for the Micro RS4. Anyway, I oredered a new Solid rear spur set-up from Towerhobbies. I'll see how that works out. I dont want to send it back and I dont mind trying to figure it out. It's all part of the game. Just wanted to see what you guys had for me in terms of getting this issue resolved. Thanks
Old 10-27-2008, 05:25 PM
Suprachrgd82

GPM makes low quality parts. The HPI ball diff will not slip like the GPM will. Follow assembly directions precisly when assembling the rear diff.

Also, Hardcore wheels do not accept a bearing, as Integy or HPI wheels will. This makes adjusting the diff impossible.