Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

confused

Old 03-08-2009, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default confused

hi guys, i am a complete beginner when it comes to electric rc cars normally use nitro. but drifting looks too good to not have a go!

whats the difference between a brushless motor and a normal motor?

whats the best battires to use (to get the most run time)

the car i have just got (yokomo mr4tc) has got a 17 turn motor. i have seen motor that go down to 4 turns, which are the best to go for and what is a turn?
is more or less better.

thanks for any help in advance

mike

Old 03-14-2009, 11:18 AM
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: confused

ORIGINAL: sjmikey

hi guys, i am a complete beginner when it comes to electric rc cars normally use nitro. but drifting looks too good to not have a go!

whats the difference between a brushless motor and a normal motor?
A brushed motor uses brushes that ride on a com with magnets surrounding it. a brushless has no brushes, the electrical field surrounds the center rotor. a bl motor is virtually maintenence free, up to 20% longer run times
whats the best battires to use (to get the most run time)
best to use would be a lipo battery. you get constant power until the lipo hits it's cutoff. a nimh is the next best, but power tappers off towards the end of a run. lipo's have no memory, so charge when you want. nimh, it's best to discharge then recharge
the car i have just got (yokomo mr4tc) has got a 17 turn motor. i have seen motor that go down to 4 turns, which are the best to go for and what is a turn?
is more or less better.
Most drifters use a 19t - 15t brushed and 13.5-7.5 bl motors. These produce plenty of torque and power for getting it sideways. I used to run a mr4tc special and ran a 15t in it, then switched to a 10.5 bl. both combo's worked well. my main drift motor is a 10.5

thanks for any help in advance

mike