Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Possible first nitro.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:44 PM
Wepo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible first nitro.

I have been looking at 2 cars (1 electric 1 nitro) and am starting to like the power the HPI RS4 gives. I am good with instructions and understood the manual so I have a few questions. I noticed a combo and I decided to see whats in it. I don't need it but I just wanted to see what it came with. Now first thing I noticed was the "threadlocker" and I'm not familiar with what this is used for. 2nd is it says it needs 12 AA batteries 8 for radio and 4 for battery box. Whats the battery box? Last thing is whats a recommend fuel for this car. They recommend a certain percentage of nitro and oils and don't know what to lean towards. I'm not a cheapo so recommend me something "good" and not cheap (unless they go together).
Thanks a ton in advance,
Ryan
Old 08-05-2009, 04:23 AM
Mufasa_719

Default RE: Possible first nitro.

The thread lock is for screws that have metal to metal contact. I hleps to hold them in due to a lot of vibration that a Nitro puts out. Kinda like GLUEING the screws in. The 4 batts needed for the battery box are to power the electronics as the car is run from the nitro motor. As for fuel O'donnals is good and I always ran Sidewinder and never had problems. You would want to look for 20% nitro.

Good luck on deciding what road you want to drive down[8D]
Old 08-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Wepo

Default RE: Possible first nitro.

I think I've decided with the RS4. The website I'm looking at says 10%-15% Nitro and 16% lube. Should I still go with 20%?