Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Project: Traxxas Zero (1/10th revofluxpede)

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 05:24 PM
thehuntingterminator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Project: Traxxas Zero (1/10th revofluxpede)

thats an amazing job, but isn't it just gonna be like driving a Brushless Edition Revo?
Old 09-25-2011, 05:58 PM
f150dan
My Feedback: (18)

thehuntingterminator, it should be faster then a brushless E-Revo because it's smaller, lighter weight, and got smaller wheels and tires. It should be a beast.

rebelsol, if I was you I would forget about those cheaper "knock-off" ESC's and get a nice one for a truck like that. I would probably run Castle Creations if it was me. Also, I really dig the black-out look but that body just doesn't do this truck justice. I would like to see some gunmetal graphics or something like that on the body. Anyway, nice truck man.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:14 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

that looks so effin sweet... wish I had the skills to do that or the money to convince you to make me one.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:18 PM
pyromatic177

that is such a simple yet AMAZING truck...can you build me one
Old 09-26-2011, 12:13 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: f150dan

thehuntingterminator, it should be faster then a brushless E-Revo because it's smaller, lighter weight, and got smaller wheels and tires. It should be a beast.

rebelsol, if I was you I would forget about those cheaper ''knock-off'' ESC's and get a nice one for a truck like that. I would probably run Castle Creations if it was me. Also, I really dig the black-out look but that body just doesn't do this truck justice. I would like to see some gunmetal graphics or something like that on the body. Anyway, nice truck man.
it also won't have a weak plastic chassis that can snap in half off a jump
Old 09-26-2011, 06:42 PM
depro

Your truck looks so clean and factory built. I'm jealous and can't wait for the vid. Props on keeping up with school and your build.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:02 PM
pyromatic177

10-4 with that, thats good that you have your priorities straight. but i would so rather play with my truck then do school
Old 10-05-2011, 08:52 PM
rebelsol

thehuntingterminator: Just like f150dan said...its lighter and smaller... so its faster and will handle differently. Plus its cheaper and the chassis is stronger so those are bonuses.

f150dan: Unfortunately, I don't have a ton of money for a castle creations. Plus, Hobbywing makes very nice esc's for good prices. I'm one of those people who like to have matching gear haha. The Hobbywing xerun 150a esc I got should hold up great.

Thekennykiller: haha thanks. It doesn't take much skill...just creativity ,patience, and time.

Depro and phyro: Thanks guys... yea I much rather build a truck and play with it than do calculus or chemistry..but if everything works out as planned I will get a a mechanical engineering degree and hopefully get to design and play with cars for a living if I can get a job at Team Associated, Losi, Hpi, or Traxxas haha.

Sorry for the lack of updates guys. I've once again been busy with school. I got a Hobbywing xerun 150a esc from hobbypartz last week to replace the HobbyKING esc that blew up. The Hobbywing esc is pretty large which caused some fitment issues in the battery box. I had two choices..to stand it up on its side..or to mount it like you would regularly mount an esc. Mounting it sideways would work..and the top wouldn't stick out from the side of the battery box but the problem was that the wires would be sticking out of the battery box in the opposite direction of the motor so wiring would've been a mess.

So, I decided to mount it like you would traditionally mount an esc...I had to enlarge the hole on the battery box by quiet a bit to make it fit...I also had bolt on a cut down RPM Stampede esc mount to mount the esc on since the side of the esc sticks out past the battery box. Mounting it like this allows the wiring to be a lot cleaner. Unfortunately, 1/4 of the esc is sticking out so perhaps later on I will make a plastic guard to protect it..but for now I think it should be fine.

Here are some pictures with the esc mounted... along with a couple of pictures showing the finished truck without the body.

After I got everything wired up I managed to take it for its first test run. I have to say it definitely has enough power. It can do controllable wheelies. Unfortunately, no standing back flips because of the center diff but its very fast and accelerates quickly . I got 20 minutes of running in before I stripped the plastic spur gear.

Today I went to change the spur gear and it takes FOREVER to change the spur gear on this because its buried under everything. I'm thinking possibly I should replace the plastic 50t spur gear I had with a steel one. I know that plastic ones are quieter and last awhile with proper mesh but I feel like if I have a steel one in there I won't have to run the chance of getting the spur gear eaten up if the motor moves. Especially, because it takes so long to change the spur. Plus the flux has a steel spur so why not my truck?

Once I get a new spur I will get some videos for you guys. Stay tuned!
Old 10-05-2011, 10:21 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the HW 150A ESC should hold up good got that sucker in a Savage flux and run it on 4S without it even getting remotely warm after a run
Old 10-06-2011, 07:31 AM
f150dan
My Feedback: (18)

I know what you mean about matching components man. I like how you mounted ESC and I'm glad it runs good. Can't wait to see video.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Mufasa_719

Hats off to you sir....

You have created some sick projects!!!
Old 10-06-2011, 07:45 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This looks really cool.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:13 PM
pyromatic177

that truck is amazing, should be wicked fast too. BTW how long is that truck anyway
Old 10-22-2011, 06:57 PM
rebelsol

Thanks guys!

Pyro: It has a wheelbase of 12" so only an inch longer than a stampede/4x4

Sorry guys for it taking such a long time to get a video up...but I finally have one for you guys..I hope you guys aren't too disappointed...I planned on bashing it harder than what's in this video but, I don't want to mess it up too bad before I have to possibly send it to the magazine. And once I get it back from the magazine I'll be putting it up for sale. Originally I had a lot of big plans for this video but I can't put anymore money into this project as I have to focus on racing...

anyway enough talking here it is...
(and yes I know that I need to learn how to jump haha...I just build the cars I don't drive much)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM7xvu8whqk[/youtube]
Old 10-22-2011, 07:05 PM
pyromatic177

is that mettalica,,,NICE.... thats a sweet truck. and now i know what happened to that body. it was like new
Old 10-27-2011, 09:53 PM
rebelsol

Yep Metallica Yea...it was new but it go beat up pretty quickly its a very thin body.

When I was taking some shoots for the video I stopped by the LHS and they has a 2wd stampede and a e-revo on display so I decided to take some comparison pictures for you guys to show you the actual size of this thing since some people are confused.. its just a tad bigger than the Stampede 2wd/4x4 but quiet bit smaller than the Revo. As you can see the Zero is BEEF compared to the stampede.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:34 AM
pyromatic177

very nice comparison. for some reason i love the e-revos. i just think that there awesome looking

Old 10-30-2011, 08:31 PM
ElectricGuy007

Very nice, it balloons the tires like crazy....lol
Old 02-12-2012, 02:06 PM
rebelsol

Announcement:

On Saturday February 18th at 7pm ET. I will be posting my project up for sale on my website.
www.teamkassanova.com

It will come with everything except a Rx/Tx. My asking price, latest pictures of everything included, and additional information will be post on the listing. I was going to post the project on ebay..so everyone could bid on it.. but ebay+paypal fees are over the top.

I'm going to ask that once the posting is posted that anyone interested will email me. I won't be taking offers till the truck is officially posted. I want to give anyone interested a fair chance.

Thank you,
Ethan
Old 02-18-2012, 04:01 PM
rebelsol

This project is now for sale ARTR with a custom body, tons of parts, etc for $450 shipped or as a roller for $$ shipped

For more info go to..

www.Teamkassanova.com

It is also posted in the for-sale section on this website

If your interested please EMAIL me at [email protected]. Please don't PM me.