Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

need an opinion on sct

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 08:13 PM
biker2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need an opinion on sct

i am looking to get into 4x4 racing i have been racing 2wd and i just want to build another truck up thats the fun of it for me. i was looking at other the losi ten scte or the sc10. i was looking at the kit or rtr not sure yet. i just want a few opinions of the trucks before i go out and start building one. my main question i guess is really the sc10 4x4 is belt drove and the scte is shaft. what one is better? do the belts last awhile? and whats opinion on handling of the truck
thanks in advance!
Old 09-11-2011, 11:15 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: need an opinion on sct

Considered the Jammin SCRT10? I'm a big fan, due to the fact it's built like a 1/8th. It's a bit heavier than the ones you mentioned, which in SC racing isn't a bad thing. It holds its line through corners better than most and if someone does try to hassle you, they are in for ashock when your truck just bumps them out of the way and keeps on going. Check out the vids on youtube. Seems like a good truck for the right price, and Jammin stuff always drives well.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:57 AM
biker2006

i was actauly looking at this truck. i look at but the only reason i dont think it will work for me is because the hobby shop i get parts from doesnt have jammin. so i would have to order anything. i do like the looks of the truck and looks like it could take a beating
Old 09-15-2011, 04:50 PM
KRO

The SCTE is fast becoming the most reliable 4x4 SCT outta the box , there were issues with the first run but they have all been updated and the bugs worked out . The Jammin is a good truck but has a pretty fragile front end . The SC 10 4x4 is just as durable as the Ten SCTE but the belt drive is more complicated and less reliable than the SCTE's shaft drive , either can be a winner on the track .
Old 09-15-2011, 04:56 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The SCTE is good, Im also a fan of the Associated SC10 4x4 and the SC8-E.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:13 PM
biker2006

ordered the ten scte we will see how i like it!