Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official Helion Dominus 10SC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 02:41 PM
HelionOverkill420

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input guys! Yes this mini coke can fits lol I had to shave the center support about 2in and used a washer to make space for screw to mount. I got a robinson racing 16tooth 32p 5mm pinion. I get home and it doesnt reach because the motor is so big. I am thinking and hoping I can do 17 or 18 to gear down. I agree I need to get heat gun. Motor gets warm but it is 95 degrees outside so that doesnt help. I am freaking out when I hear the fans going since the sidewinder 3 esc melted. lol it will take a while to trust it again. I also tuned it down to 80% power and now I can almost get half throttle in a medium parking lot. No wheelies due to no traction.
Old 04-11-2016, 04:43 PM
HelionOverkill420

Old 05-10-2016, 05:06 PM
mikeyznsacto_RC

Default 10 SC stock charger question

Hi, I just bought a Dominus 10 SC from someone on craigslist. I figure I got a good deal at $90 with Tenergy charger, stock wall charger and a gang of batteries. Also, a bunch of new spare parts.
The car runs great, it's kind of beat up, but bashing is what we do!
My question is the stock wall charger— Should I use it? It has no idiot light to tell this one when it's done charging or if it is even charging. Did it originally come with a monitor? I haven't had any luck with Google for that infoNever mind. A friend gave me an Onyx 240. It charges two batteries fast
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	wall Charger Helion.jpg
Views:	935
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	2161957  

Last edited by mikeyznsacto_RC; 06-03-2016 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Update
Old 05-11-2016, 05:08 PM
mikeyznsacto_RC

Anyone have a problem with front wheel coming off lower ball or dog bone coming out?
do you know of fix or upgrade to solve?
happens every time it takes a good hit to the wheel area
Old 05-22-2016, 03:41 PM
MastuhWaffles

I forgot about this thread a long time ago.

Last edited by MastuhWaffles; 05-22-2016 at 04:09 PM.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:30 AM
mikeyznsacto_RC

I found the solution to the pillow ball coming out. It was a worn socket in the wheel hub. Replaced the steering hub that the ball fits into. That did it.

Last edited by mikeyznsacto_RC; 05-23-2016 at 04:36 AM.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:03 AM
mikeyznsacto_RC

Originally Posted by mikeyznsacto_RC
I found the solution to the pillow ball coming out. It was a worn socket in the wheel hub. Replaced the steering hub that the ball fits into. That did it.
I did that and I still had the problem.
Got universal joints and even added spacers to bring it in tighter to the differential.
Got 3/4 of the way through a day of running on a local track and was pretty pleased with myself till it dropped out again. It only drops on a crash, but
A friend suggested adding another pillow ball seat to the inboard side of pillow ball so it can't slip out. It's a good idea I'm going to try.

Any other ideas.... I'm giving a huge reward. A high five and bragging rights.

Can another type of suspension be used?

Last edited by mikeyznsacto_RC; 06-03-2016 at 06:06 AM. Reason: better description
Old 06-03-2018, 07:20 AM
TIME MACHINE

Anyone out there still rocking the Dominus?