Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Newb with lots of questions!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Newb with lots of questions!

<h4 style="margin-bottom: 0.75em; margin-right: 0pt; margin-top: 0.5em; vertical-align: baseline; " class="H4 head4"><h4 style="margin-bottom: 0.75em; margin-right: 0pt; margin-top: 0.5em; vertical-align: baseline; " class="H4 head4"><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><span style="font-size: 14px;">622.5 Lithium and Lithium-ion Cells and Batteries &mdash; General</span></font></h4><h4 style="margin-bottom: 0.75em; margin-right: 0pt; margin-top: 0.5em; vertical-align: baseline; " class="H4 head4"><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><span style="font-size: 14px;">
</span></font></h4><h4 style="margin-bottom: 0.75em; margin-right: 0pt; margin-top: 0.5em; vertical-align: baseline; " class="H4 head4"><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><span style="font-size: 14px;">Primary lithium metal or lithium alloy (nonrechargeable) cells and batteries, or lithium-ion cells and batteries (rechargeable),</span></font></h4><h4 style="margin-bottom: 0.75em; margin-right: 0pt; margin-top: 0.5em; vertical-align: baseline; " class="H4 head4"><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><span style="font-size: 14px;">regardless of quantity, size, watt hours, and regardless of whether the cells or batteries are packed in the equipment they are intended to operate,</span></font></h4><h4 style="margin-bottom: 0.75em; margin-right: 0pt; margin-top: 0.5em; vertical-align: baseline; " class="H4 head4"><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><span style="font-size: 14px;">with the equipment they are intended to operate, or without equipment (individual batteries) are prohibited when mailed internationally or to</span></font></h4><h4 style="margin-bottom: 0.75em; margin-right: 0pt; margin-top: 0.5em; vertical-align: baseline; " class="H4 head4"><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><span style="font-size: 14px;">and from an APO, FPO, or DPO location regardless of mail class.</span></font></h4></h4>
Old 08-17-2012, 12:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seems like we're missing something here. I don't believe that USPS doesn't ship cell phones with batteries installed internationally.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:00 PM

i think they give them to another company and send them by boat. that also explains why some people say it takes a month to get lipos from china.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:07 PM

ORIGINAL: cumquat

i think they give them to another company and send them by boat. that also explains why some people say it takes a month to get lipos from china.
It does take at least a month! I've ordered directly from China before, and I would only recommend doing so if it is significantly cheaper than somewhere closer to you.