Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Differential Oil RC Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2020, 11:25 AM
bline22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Differential Oil RC Build

Hello,

My son and I are building a car and have a question we aren't sure about. This group has been great helping and getting him going so thanks in advance.

Below is where we are. We didn't get differential oil in the kit. Is this something one has to go and buy? We have some 3 in 1 oil around and will this work or is it something different? ( I would assume so) If different, what can one use and where can one purchase it?

Being new it is likely I cannot upload an image yet. We are building a PR S1 V3 FM SPORT 2wd Buggy kit and the spot in question says:
The recommendable density is 3000-5000 differential oil, please pour in the differential oil earched up to 80%

Does this also mean we fill this 80% full of the differential fluid?

Thanks again.

Old 03-29-2020, 09:10 PM
seedygreenute

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

You should be able to get it online or at your local store if its open .
Not being familiar with your model , I would follow the manual regarding oil weight . And yes , 80% full sounds about right .
AMain does some good videos on youtube , the one on changing diff oil should explain everything for you .
Old 03-30-2020, 06:29 AM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

80% full means that they want you to leave space for the planetary gears to fit, I simply install all the gears and wipe the fluid flush to the back of the gear like this so it's 100% full with all gears installed:

Click image for larger version

Name:	46709051994_6f9b7a9f95_b.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	2266834