Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

OFFICAL PEDE THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 06:23 PM
aircruiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICAL PEDE THREAD

Maybe it's just 'cause Minnesota is the best state, but they still sell them here. I wonder why you guys don't have them. Hm. Well, the stampede has gotten it's final touch ups, except for the wheelie bar. They only had them for cars. We're gonna try and custom make them though, see what comes of it. But I got the RPM wide front bumper, new body mount extension kits from HPI and a few stickers. Have a look see.

Here it is, I had the F-150 body on last night, but I use the SUV bodies now (H2 and bronco).

Here's the RPM wide front bumper. We were gonna buy some other ones, but I took into consideration what you all said and decided this one would be the best. Plus it looks sweet. [8D]

For some reason, the new rear mounts were bigger in circumfrence and taller. I had to break out the drill and get a bigger hole drilled. You can also see the dog sticker.

Stay sic!!!
Old 03-27-2006, 08:24 PM
Haulin Azz

looks great!
Old 03-27-2006, 09:27 PM
crUshed420

My Pede arrived today! I ripped out the MSC and extra servo and threw in my super rooster. Now I just need to build some 8-10 cell packs and drop a reedy quad magnet in it. I thought i should take some pictures before it gets dirty!

Old 03-27-2006, 09:54 PM
aircruiser

ORIGINAL: crUshed420
I thought i should take some pictures before it gets dirty!
I don't know where you're coming from, but where I liive, you shouldn't be proud of a clean pede. Haha, only joking. Good looking pede! Did you buy it used or in a kit? Or just really eager to mod it?? My pede is the bronco above. I love it! Have fun with your truck!! Just rained here, can't drive now. [:@]
Old 03-27-2006, 10:31 PM
MT 2 in Ca.

MONSTERPEDE360 - I like your Pictures in your GALLERY !!

Do you have anymore pics-? I want to see more of the arms from the top and bottom.
"Very Creative!" How'd you do it?
Old 03-28-2006, 03:14 AM
f150dan
My Feedback: (18)

Are you sure you can still get new Proline F-150 bodies for the Stampede? (Just like the black you have) If so, why don't you buy a couple extra's and hook me and Gunnut up?
Old 03-28-2006, 01:52 PM
aircruiser

I need some cash and a place to send them first. Right now at the hobbystore they have one left, and then a Chevy Silverado. Mine came clear and I slapped on some parma stickers. Oh man, I just did a tower search, you're right! They aren't there. Well, if you can find a way, I could pick some up, but I don't know how to get them to you. Plus, I need cas to! I'm broke. It's gonna be hard enough to afford that TRX rear bumper I'm getting today.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:57 PM
f150dan

Do you remember how much they were? If so, shipping would be to

Daniel Jaynes
105 Roy Campbell Rd.
Jonesboro, TN 37659
(423) 426-2639

If you wanna get a shipping quote. Just let me know how much it would take to buy and ship it so we can see if we can work something out.

PS, After you hook up your buddies on RCU, you could make quite a few bucks on Ebay with those bodies.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:54 PM
aircruiser

Alright, I'm headed off to the store, I will pick up an F-150 body, the last one, but I really do need money from you. I can't get ripped off on this deal. I'm hoping and praying all goes well through this because I am working one job getting less than $50 a week saving up for a real truck. I sent you a privet message f150dan, hope you get it. If you could, let me know how to ship it. I think the body was around $25.

EDIT: Sorry dan, I'm leaving right now. You better hope I break something so I have to go back there. I'm sorry, I'll see what I can do.

EDIT AGAIN: They had two more, I talked to the guy there saying they will most likely be back. Keep a sharp eye out, if not, maybe I can whip up some cash to buy them.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:05 AM
aircruiser

Dang, you all are letting this thread slip pretty badly. Well, my clod body is all done, and my brother's digger body is finished to. I had to trim the front bumper off the clod like I did with the bronco. Tomorrow I'm gonna take the truck outside as long as the rain holds off tonight. Then thursday the pede's heading to a local track for open practice.

Oh, and no one EVER buy solderless motor plugs. THEY SUCK!! They always fall off so we soldered them on and now the wires slipped off the solderless cap!! So they really suck. Plus no I had a bad connection between the motor and ESC plugs and it ended up melting the plastic casing around the so now the plugs will unplug randomly. [:@]
Old 03-29-2006, 12:09 AM
gunnut

ORIGINAL: Spede
Oh, and no one EVER buy solderless motor plugs. THEY SUCK!! They always fall off so we soldered them on and now the wires slipped off the solderless cap!! So they really suck. Plus no I had a bad connection between the motor and ESC plugs and it ended up melting the plastic casing around the so now the plugs will unplug randomly. [:@]
I agree 100% I got solderless leads with my quad mag motor a long time ago and they kept falling off. ended up soldering them on (seems kinda ironic, having to solder SOLDERLESS LEADS?).
Old 03-29-2006, 03:15 AM
f150dan

ORIGINAL: gunnut

I agree 100% I got solderless leads with my quad mag motor a long time ago and they kept falling off. ended up soldering them on (seems kinda ironic, having to solder SOLDERLESS LEADS?).
I had to solder the "Trinity Solderless Leads" I was using on my Quad Mag also.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:28 AM
thunderw0lf

ORIGINAL: f150dan

Are you sure you can still get new Proline F-150 bodies for the Stampede? (Just like the black you have) If so, why don't you buy a couple extra's and hook me and Gunnut up?
Tower has Pro-lines 1/10 04 crewcab F150 .060

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHLT5&P=0

And HPI F150 200mm
Old 03-29-2006, 12:50 PM
f150dan

ORIGINAL: thunderw0lf

ORIGINAL: f150dan

Tower has Pro-lines 1/10 04 crewcab F150 .060

And HPI F150 200mm
The 4 Door F-150 body on towerhobbies is a huge body. Its for a T-maxx I think.
The HPI body looks good, but its for a touring car.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:57 PM
aircruiser

I'm gonna buy the body today or tomorrow for you dan, we'll work out shipping through the private messages. As for solderless leads, THEY SUCK! Had to say it again. I'm gonna go run the truck soon. See below for pics of my little bros Digger body. It was such a good picture day I brought the bronco out to.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87367.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	435400   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40828.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	435401   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot48144.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	435402  
Old 03-29-2006, 06:31 PM
DTAK

hey guys,i have a pede, it was my first car, and dang, I LOVE IT SO MUCH. i mean really, i jumped 2 huge blue trash cans stacked on top of each other, and not a single part broke. these trashcans are really big to, i can fit in one and im 5'7", and yes im a kid.i was wandering guys, how do u make the pede wider? i need to know so i will be able to keep the wheels on the ground with my sphere competition and neo 4 or 5 star(when they come out). thanks guys, and PEDES OWN ALL, lol.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:50 PM
MONSTARUSTA

I don't have any problems with the trinity nosolder leads I've used them since September/8/05(b-day present to my self) with no problems but I did solder the wires to the clips when I got them.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:10 PM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

Hey, haven't posted here in a while. Anyway, what is the best Wide-Mod for the Pede? The RPM LXT arms are discontinued, and the rear arms on the front thing isn't working out too well. So, besides the aluminum ones, what other off-the-shelf arms could work for a wide-mod for the Pede?
Old 03-29-2006, 10:06 PM
gunnut

f150dan will be able to give some good suggestions for widening the pede.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:26 PM
aircruiser

If you go to www.ultimaterc.com and in the ultimate traxxas, then to the stampede section, there is a whole thread about widening the stampede. Well, just fixed the stampede, sorta. The solderlesses were the ultimate crap in leads. We had to take off the head that sonnects to the motor and solder just the wires. Ended up damaging the motor taking the lead off. So tomorrow we're off to the track, then the hobby store to pick up maybe a whole new motor and dan's f-150 body.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:51 AM
thunderw0lf

ORIGINAL: IBrakeForNobody

Hey, haven't posted here in a while. Anyway, what is the best Wide-Mod for the Pede? The RPM LXT arms are discontinued, and the rear arms on the front thing isn't working out too well. So, besides the aluminum ones, what other off-the-shelf arms could work for a wide-mod for the Pede?

This is the setup I went with http://www.inadad.com/wpede.shtml

One thing, I used the HPI 90mm turnbuckles for the steering links and they bent the first run and used [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXSG02]Associated Factory Team Turnbuckle 3.5" 89mm[/link]
Old 03-30-2006, 03:19 AM
f150dan

IMO, the best wide Pede conversion is using HPI Rush A-arms. They keep the same wheelbase as stock and they match the rear width perfectly when you use Traxxas front wheels all the way around the truck. It will help the handling of the truck alot. Go to www.inadad.com for more details on this.

If you need it, I can post more info to help you out.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:09 AM
Elmo6s
My Feedback: (1)

Fast Lane Machine also makes an aluminum wide arm kit
Old 03-30-2006, 09:17 AM
crUshed420

I don't know where you're coming from, but where I liive, you shouldn't be proud of a clean pede. Haha, only joking. Good looking pede! Did you buy it used or in a kit? Or just really eager to mod it??
hahahahah, very good point. Believe me, that's the one and only time it's gonna be clean

I bought it new - took advantage of tower's sale and it turned out to be just over $100 brand new (for the MSC version - i already had an ESC to drop into it, so this way i get an extra servo out of the deal too!)

I was surprised at how hot that stinger motor gets running it completely stock. The only "mod" i was running with the stinger motor was the ESC and gp3300's, and boy did that stinger heat up. You guys weren't kidding when you said that motor sucks.

I dropped my Team Checkpoint 9T into it last night. I had some problems at first since I wanted to use a 12 tooth pinion, but the grub screw kept hitting the spur (when you start running such low tooth pinions, you'll find the grub screw protrudes further than the pinion teeth!!!)

I was eventually able to get it meshed pretty good without the grub screw rubbing, and boy was I a lot happier! punching the trigger at half speed will wheelie, and take-off and top speed are much more to my liking now

i'll definitely have to upgrade to rpm bearings & carrier's, and i've gotten an aluminum idler gear on order, but for the next couple weeks I think the bushings will suffice until the bearings arrive.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:03 AM
JYM

Guys guys guys... did no one took french at school?

pédé ** [pede] masculin name

abreviation of pederaste (pejorative word) : commonly use as queer ** , poof ** , fag **

This is the official g-a-y thread in other words... [sm=lol.gif]

I like my new english/french dictionary, my french teacher is gonna be proud of me!

Sorry about this, I had to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.