Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Motor problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 02:23 AM
K-DoGG7103

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor problems

I have a problem with my motor mount on my losi buggy. When I mount the motor I snug up the 2 motor screws and also I use locktight. Then i go driving and jumping I admit I am kinda hard on it. But anyways the screws in the motor strip out is there any thing i can try or do thank you?
Old 12-05-2004, 03:03 AM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: Motor problems

Are screws actually getting stripped out, or are they just coming loose?

If they are just coming loose, you can try some heaveir duty locktite on them, or maybe try lock washers.

If your screws are actually getting the threads stripped off them, then maybe try some better screws. I dont know if your car uses aluminum screws but if it does, replace them (just the two that holds the motor on) with some steel screws.
Old 12-05-2004, 03:19 AM
aliens8mycow

I'll agree with the aluminum screw idea - those aren't a great idea for motor mounts or shock mounts.

It may also be the threads in your motor can. If they are all booger'd up, you're stuck with replacing the can. Have you tried different motors and had the same results with all of them?
Old 12-05-2004, 12:05 PM
cressers

You didnt say it but od you also put the large washers on, or only screws?

The mounting is aluminium and will deform enough to losen the screws if thats all you use. The washers distribute the force over a larger area, avoiding distortion.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:24 PM
aliens8mycow

OH yeah - the washers are a must. I had a similar issue where the motor plate started to wallow out where the screws mounted on, so the screws went in quite a bit deeper than normal because they were sitting in a rut. Didn't take long until a screw met my armature, and well... you can imagine how well that turned out.