Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Novak GTX or LRP Quantum?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 08:26 PM
EdMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Novak GTX or LRP Quantum?

I'm looking for a new esc for my xxx-4. I currently have a quantum 2 in a T4, which I like. However the Q2 has been discontinued due to the LRP Q3 which has not been released yet.
My question is, which is the prefered esc of other user's? The Novak GTX, or the LRP Quantum series? Which do you own or prefer?
Just looking for any feedback on these esc or even others.
Thanks
Old 02-02-2006, 12:34 AM
That0neGuy
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

Default RE: Novak GTX or LRP Quantum?

LRP Own, perfer it.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:36 AM
-Inverted-

LRP for sure
Old 02-02-2006, 08:05 AM
Grndzer
My Feedback: (5)

Well I wanted the new LRP but I just could not wait so I got the GTX. I am EXTREMELY happy with it. Very small foot print, good wire, comes with a Capacitor and easy to setup and program. Get what you like but I will tell you wont be disappointed with either of them.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:33 PM
livthemoment

I own both a GT7 and GTX, and I have been tempted to get a LRP. Simply because it supposedly programs itself to your driving needs. Wheels spinning loose, it changes output for increased traction. With that said, both of my ESCs work well.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:11 PM
EdMan

Thanks for the replies. I figure both are good esc's, but would like the Q3, just not sure how long I will have to wait. Tower says early Feb, but I think Associated says late Feb....... Hummmm. Thanks again!
Old 02-02-2006, 09:21 PM
Doahh

ORIGINAL: livthemoment

I own both a GT7 and GTX, and I have been tempted to get a LRP. Simply because it supposedly programs itself to your driving needs. Wheels spinning loose, it changes output for increased traction. With that said, both of my ESCs work well.
It can't tell if your wheels are spinning loose...
By the way I'm an oarnge guy and alwayse will be... I don't like AE or any of it's sister companies... EX LRP and Reedy
That's why I run a CHAMELION or Birdman (epic... both are I think because theres a little peice of paper in the CH2 that says Epic 19) and a GTB in my XXX-S
Old 02-03-2006, 02:51 PM
livthemoment

ORIGINAL: Doahh

ORIGINAL: livthemoment

It can't tell if your wheels are spinning loose...
By the way I'm an oarnge guy and alwayse will be... I don't like AE or any of it's sister companies... EX LRP and Reedy
That's why I run a CHAMELION or Birdman (epic... both are I think because theres a little peice of paper in the CH2 that says Epic 19) and a GTB in my XXX-S
Wheel spin was due to rapidly changing track conditions. It is an indoor facility. Sometimes I change car setup if it is extreme, or adjust radio exponetial. But the claim to fame here, is the fact that you do not neccesarily have to play with the radio, if the ESC has a feel for the track conditions (assuming you understand what i mean).