Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition - T.E.C.

Absolutely. The MM has so many possibilities. You have an opportunity to set the ESC to how you want your car/truck to run. That's the main reason I like it so much. If the MM motors are too much for you, then either change the esc program to tone it down or get a different motor to run w/ it.

it's really that simple.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:07 PM

RAZ thats why i noted the ss 4300, that system was not detuned, the novak 13.5 which is the 4300 system has been detuned. if you look at tower they still have both systems
Old 03-05-2007, 03:17 PM

The way I see it you can never have too much speed or power. Just have to learn to drive it. I race real cars and always say your right foot is your friend. In R/C I guess your right finger (or left, if you are left handed).
Old 03-05-2007, 03:23 PM

Thanks Guys! I'll give it a bit of thought, but since my BX Pro now sells for $289, it might need a more high zoot form of
delivering power!
Old 03-05-2007, 03:29 PM

true But i have reading threw alot of forums and listeneed to alot of people about these systems and i am not the only one that thinks that the mamba systems are too powerful for dirt racing, cogging is an issue, it is not as smooth as a novak but thats cuz its unsensored. And even though it has many adjustable settings it still doesnt solve the cogging issue. It has brute power and because it is not as smooth as sensored systems many many people dont choose it for racing dirt and use it more for bashing around.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:54 PM

ORIGINAL: cheech4

true But i have reading threw alot of forums and listeneed to alot of people about these systems and i am not the only one that thinks that the mamba systems are too powerful for dirt racing, cogging is an issue, it is not as smooth as a novak but thats cuz its unsensored. And even though it has many adjustable settings it still doesnt solve the cogging issue. It has brute power and because it is not as smooth as sensored systems many many people dont choose it for racing dirt and use it more for bashing around.
Cogging? What is that?
Old 03-05-2007, 03:54 PM
My Feedback: (5)

wow i cant believe the price went up to $289...
Old 03-05-2007, 03:56 PM

cogging.. the car jitters for a few seconds before getting going..

Also for those thinking the same thing as me my waterVader buggy/ST i found this...
[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-OFNA-Water-Proof-Radio-Box-34030_W0QQitemZ280058415908QQihZ018QQcategoryZ3406 3QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem]water proof radio box[/link]
Old 03-05-2007, 04:01 PM

Cheech has a great point about the cogging. mine does it periodically. i always attributed that to the batteries I was using. i didnt realize that was a kink in the system. learn something new everyday.

i still like MM's.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:17 PM

ORIGINAL: alibil

Cheech has a great point about the cogging. mine does it periodically. i always attributed that to the batteries I was using. i didnt realize that was a kink in the system. learn something new everyday.

i still like MM's.
For what it's worth, alibil, in the Mamba vs Novak thread (linked to from here about 4 or 5 pages ago) it has been stated on several occasions that if you're getting cogging you are just not properly setup. I couldn't tell you how that works because I've got Noval stuff. I can say that sensored systems won't cog because the ESC has sensors that know exactly where the rotor is positioned at all times. Therefore there is no hesitation/jitters/cogging when you lay down hard on the throttle because it doesn't have to search for where things are (that is a basic description and I probably murdered it to the point someone would argue with me over it). The sensorless systems do things differently and I'm just not sure how that is.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:38 PM

oooooohhhhhh......thanks for the info. i'll have to research that now to fix my "cogging." I'll look for that thread here soon and i'll contact castle to hear what their solutions/suggestions are.

i attributed all that to my batteries and when the car is down the street, I always thought the slow response/start was to my receiver not picking up the "drive" command from my controller.

good, now I have something to do other than clean and replace parts.

this is why I like this thread so much. there is just a plethora of information and everyone here is nice and professional.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:38 PM

ORIGINAL: alibil

i still like MM's.
Okay...OOPS...the Novak vs Mamba reference was in the XXX-T thread (so sue me, I'm suffering from CRS - Can't Remember Shiznit). Anyhoo, for those who wish to read both sides of the argument (to get a little biased information from both corners), [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5380340/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm]here's the thread[/link].

Remember that regardless of our powerplant choices, we are all Vaderites.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:23 PM

yeah I know my boat sure did that 'cogging' crap at low speeds but in the water it's not an issue like it would be in a car.

Cheech. Thanks for clearing that up on the SS4300. I couldn't remember the details on it and from what I read the Losi comes with the de-tuned version.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:42 PM

what ever happened to the prebuilts and the pro st on tower?
Old 03-05-2007, 05:45 PM

i only ran the mamba 2 times and immediatly i noticed a difference in the smoothness, the novak is smoother but the mamba is faster with out question. So again take it to consideration when purchasing powerplants like novak LRP and mamba when it comes to racing racing. But if your not going to race and just bash then the mamba would definetly be the worthy choice.

Raz Anytime buddy
Old 03-05-2007, 05:47 PM

If you didnt know duratrax has discontinued the evader ST pro, they wont make the RTR or the prebuilts anymore. just the standard version which they beefed up a bit.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:50 PM

You don't need a brushless motor to go faster...just put a NOS sticker on your body and then there's no cogging

Here's some pics of a metal bumper I just finished (well sorta), still have to weld a crash bar to the front and paint it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81608.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	635853   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ie97969.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	635854  
Old 03-05-2007, 09:29 PM

i only ran the mamba 2 times and immediatly i noticed a difference in the smoothness, the novak is smoother but the mamba is faster with out question. So again take it to consideration when purchasing powerplants like novak LRP and mamba when it comes to racing racing. But if your not going to race and just bash then the mamba would definetly be the worthy choice.

Raz Anytime buddy
I plan on racing with my evader, but I'm still going with a Mamba. 1 my local tracks do not go by Roar rules (unless it is a Roar event). Very few of those. I also like to bash so I like the mamba. I also like the fact that I can use the ESC on other motors (so if a roar event was in town, I could buy a roar legal motor). Gliches is not a big deal to me. I feel for the price Mamba is the best and leaves room.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:53 PM

not saying its a bad system, i own it and i love it. but think of it this way, your racing your neck and neck with some guy a sharp right turn is ahead you let off on the throttle you enter the turn and then back on the throttle and ohhhh what happens the guy your neck and neck with passes you, because your sensorless system cogged and no response on the motor and it took a second maybe 2 from you, it can cost you a race. thats why when racing local or roar it doesnt matter people usually go for the sensored systems.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:13 PM

SS4300 is sweet it may not be the fastest but it is damn fast and at time can be hard to not spin out! i could only imagine the MM system smoking the tires haha!!
Old 03-05-2007, 10:28 PM

not saying its a bad system, i own it and i love it. but think of it this way, your racing your neck and neck with some guy a sharp right turn is ahead you let off on the throttle you enter the turn and then back on the throttle and ohhhh what happens the guy your neck and neck with passes you, because your sensorless system cogged and no response on the motor and it took a second maybe 2 from you, it can cost you a race. thats why when racing local or roar it doesnt matter people usually go for the sensored systems.
I do totally understand what you are saying. I would consider that one of those things I would have to adjust to. The one track I run at I can go on most parts and not let off the gas completely. That seems to be the 1 negative of the system, but there is many positives. Enough for me to go with it. Currently I do more bashing than racing. I want to race, but not sure if my personal life is going to let that happen. Might be just the once in a while going to open track days.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:51 PM

In that case then mamba it is, lol..

but seriously i will never tell someone to not get a system and not the other. what ever tickles there fanny that is fine by me. I am here to share my opinion in what i have learned from being in RC from what i have researched and talked with others about products offered in RC. So just to get something clear I am not here to say one is better than the other and i was not trying to sell a product, just sharing my opinion and the opinions of others. So if i can across to you in a way where it seemed like i was stearing you away from a product then i appologize.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:56 PM

we got stock in novak on this forum so its novak or nothing haha j/k but maybe thats an idea :/
Old 03-05-2007, 11:12 PM

With my Mamba I have no problem accelerating out of turns. In my opinion it would be great to race with.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:26 AM

The only problem I can see with cogging would be in a crawler. The cogging usually only happens at very low speeds so in a race there really shouldn't be a problem with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.