Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 04:24 PM
SpecialEd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

ORIGINAL: BEARBYSR

Wow,nice car SpecialEd.It must be wild runnin a 1/5. What engin you got in there? Hey cheech, very nice.I've been to a few indoor carpet races here and that's pretty crazy stuff. Those tracks are fast
Hi Bearby! Thanks. Yes, it's a wild time driving something that big. Brakes are all-important and not to be neglected because it won't just wind down like the smaller guys do. It's got a cheap 23CC motor in it but it'll still do 50MPH with the taller gearing. Took it out yesterday and ran with another guy here who has the same car. I clipped a ramp and bent the front of the chassis and killed my body's bumper but it's nothing that prevents it from running. The other guy had a radio glitch as he was coming around the corner and the car tried to eat my heavy-duty Bogen tripod...the tripod won (front of the body was seriously messed up). Fun though...and inexpensive for the XRC cars...well worth the time and money.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:28 PM
SpecialEd

ORIGINAL: Ziggmiester

Nice Car SpecialEd. That looks nice. I've been considering the baja from HPI there. But, I stopped myself when I remembered it was over 1000 bucks last I checked. Good luck on getting your racing set up, hopefully you can find just enough people to make it interesting so more people will go get a 1/5 scale.
Thanks, Ziggy. The HPI is a better quality than my XRC which is why it costs $$$. XRC is now making a buggy that costs half what the Baja does. They're also always improving the quality while still keeping the cost wayyyy down. Not a bad deal if you really want 1/5 but don't want to pay the price. You can actually upgrade the life out of the thing (including a better motor than the Baja has) for less than a Baja would cost.

Peace out!
John
Old 07-23-2007, 05:15 PM
TheMortgageMan

My new babby a new TC4 im going to convert to a dirt late model car. in sugestion on how to do that im open i allready picked up a rally kit for the longer arms and a late model body and i need some dirt tires and wheels.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63446.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	728792   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69794.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	728793  
Old 07-23-2007, 07:54 PM
WedgedEvaderST

ORIGINAL: jdpm

Just a quick note JDPM

Gearing HIGHER = smaller pinion ::: Gearing LOWER = larger pinion

20T/88T = 4.40 ratio (STD Evader)

22T/88T = 4.00 ratio (LOWER) ::: 18T/88T = 4.89 ration (HIGHER)

its reverse thinking to accomplish your goal ratio
OK, it's back to the 18 tooth then....

I'm even an engineer, and I'm confused by the gear terminology. I guess that's why I got a C- in dynamics and ended up being a civil engineer, where hopefully nothing moves.

Thanks for the replies.
Shhhhhhhhhh - engineers R supposed 2 be 'smart' --- Captain CAVEMANNNNNNNN!!!! Funny cartoon.

I'm a electrical engineer / union electrician ... the lower the gauge number wire the bigger it gets ... 'cept for those 250-750 mcm cables ... oh mama!

Life's good!

I'm hoping to finish the ONLINE garage w/all the models soon ... my rugrats have the pictures.

Good Luck!
Old 07-24-2007, 12:31 PM
Ziggmiester

Hey raz, are you still working on those stainless steel toe braces, or did they just fall through the cracks, or did I just miss when you posted that they were ready?

Special Ed, that's a good point. Right now, I'm having a tough time running the 4 bigger vehicles I do have. So added in 1 1/5th doesn't make sense. But, if I ever do feel like it, what you suggested certainly was a good idea.

Have fun with your new car MortgageMan. It's always cool to convert, although I don't have any tips for ya.

-Ziggy
Old 07-24-2007, 01:25 PM
cheech4

ok guys, just wanted to let you know, today is my flight back to NY. God willing everything will go smoothly and next time i post i will be in my room in NY. talk to you guys later.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:25 PM
Ziggmiester

Cool, cheech. Here's hoping you have a good flight. I hope you're ready to be back in the state of NY.

-Ziggy
Old 07-25-2007, 12:43 AM
cheech4

IM BACK, but i am tired so just wanted to let you guys know. good night
Old 07-25-2007, 11:26 AM
WedgedEvaderST

Welcome back Cheech

Been a LONG time since I was in Astoria ...
Old 07-25-2007, 03:57 PM
Vaderbxman

I've got another question to ask ya'll.

I'm trying to find a heatsink that fits between the bumper and the transmission. I figured someone would make a skinny one that can snap onto the end of the motor, where there's some space. (to the left of the transmission if you're looking at the back of the Evader). I don't want to resort to the T-bones bumper, but if that means a desent heat-sink will fit back there, then I guess I'll have to.

I did, however, find this: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTG83&P=7

And this: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJD62&P=7

I don't mind sanding, cutting, or modifying the rear bumper to get a heat sink to fit around the motor. With a Mamba comming soon and with that a considerable investment, I don't want to screw this up. And I should mention that I am planning to get the blue aluminum motor plate.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:26 PM
cheech4

i like the second one better.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:06 PM
Vaderbxman

I keep seeing really low profile heat sinks on touring cars, but I can't track one down.

Ironically, one of them was on a mamba motor! [:@]
Old 07-26-2007, 10:55 AM
raz54

Hey raz, are you still working on those stainless steel toe braces, or did they just fall through the cracks, or did I just miss when you posted that they were ready?
-Ziggy

Good question, wish I had an answer but the guy that makes them hasn't replied to my emails. I've tried finding a local place to get them made but no luck. I haven't given up yet and did find a shop about 150 miles away that says they might be able to make them but wants to see them first.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:56 PM
Ziggmiester

Hmm...is the guy you're trying to get to mill the SS ones the same guy as you had the alum. ones mill? Odd that he wouldn't respond. Well, we'll just have to wait and see if that shop can do it. Do you have any alum. ones I could buy if I happen to get the alum rear half mod, or...?

-Ziggy
Old 07-27-2007, 05:15 PM
ana/RC/hy

What are toe braces?
Old 07-27-2007, 05:41 PM
BEARBYSR

Toe braces are alum. pcs that connect the 2 toe blocks together and make them stronger. Here is a pic. to give you an idea(sorry bout the poor pic.)Pm raz54 and he can hook ya up.I as well as many here would deff. recommend them.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61831.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	730984  
Old 07-27-2007, 06:37 PM
ana/RC/hy

Does somebody make them for purchase or are they homemade? They look simple enough to make.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:36 PM
cheech4

for those who are not skilled to make them will buy them, i dont have the right machinery to mill a piece of alluminum like that, so i bought a few sets actually.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:38 PM
cheech4

If anyone is interested i am selling my spektrum system. I have the spektrum DX2 and it comes with 2 receivers and a z590 MG servo. PM me if your interested and serious offers please, if anyone knows me i take care of my stuff and my spektrum is pretty new and in mint condition
Old 07-27-2007, 08:18 PM
Ziggmiester

Cheech, you're selling your Spektrum system? You love that thing. Or are you getting the DX3?

-Ziggy
Old 07-27-2007, 09:41 PM
cheech4

Cheech, you're selling your Spektrum system? You love that thing. Or are you getting the DX3?

-Ziggy

no i got the futaba fast 2.4 ghz and ran it, it is alot faster than the spektrum...the spektrum is faster than any other system i have ever had, but its not the speed that i really care about. i have 3 cars and the spektrum dx2 can only be used with 2 cars. and its not like you can buy another receiver and that takes care of the problem, it wont because then you have to adjust all the settings anyway, all cars dont drive the same even if you have identical cars. BUT the futaba has a 10 model memory compared to the spektrums 2, i doubt that i will have 10 cars, but i do have 3 and i could use the money from the spektrum sale to buy 2 futaba receivers and a digital futaba servo.. and i could use 1 radio for everything. but then again i could just buy them out right and keep the spektrum as a back up. but i have had many many futaba radios and none have given me problems... what would you do.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:14 PM
Ziggmiester

Yea, I totally see where you're coming from. I have the XS3 Pro which also has a 10 model memory. I have 4 cars right now and soon to be five. I have the RS310 in 3 of them. It's really awesome if I want to go bashing and I'm bringing multiple cars, I just grab the one TX and it works perfectly for all of them. I have to get two more RS310's...at 75-80 bucks a pop. I would try and sell the other radios I have, but it's not worth it, because they are AM. Plus, it's good to have a back-up.

For the Spektrum, it makes sense for you to sell that. It'll get you enough money to outfit a couple of vehicles hopefully, plus if you want a back-up, you can pick up a working AM TX and RX for cheap. And although I have a hard time trusting AM at this point, it's still worth it to have them in case I really want to get out there and drive, but I'm waiting for various things preventing from me using my XS3 Pro.

-Ziggy
Old 07-27-2007, 11:49 PM
cheech4

very true, i could pick up a cheap radio as a back up. its sad that even the newer version dx2 is still only for 2 models, i never thought i would have 3 cars, wait i have 4 cars darm i forgot i got the MF2, lol.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:07 AM
Vaderbxman

Which Futaba system did you get, out of curiosity.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:53 AM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: Vaderbxman

Which Futaba system did you get, out of curiosity.

i got the futaba fasst 2.4 ghz 3pm spread spectrum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.