Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 12:26 PM
Fire106

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

ORIGINAL: Ripcaster

ORIGINAL: Fire106

Im getting pretty frustrated. the B2 gears are not holding up for me......o well...

I have a question not really evader specific.........

if I have two battery packs of different Mah.......can I run them in series? I have a 6 cell 3300 and a 6 cell 3600.
If you run the packs in series, you'll double your voltage to 14.4. If the ESC and motor can handle that much voltage you'll see a lot of power. I started a thread on running 2 packs in parallel, which doubles my current capacity (when using the same mAh packs). there's a space issue there, but that's easy enough to overcome. I think that might be what you want to do.

+ to +, and - to -
I realize that running in series doubles the voltage. I was jsut not sure there would be an issue with the difference in Mah...one being 3300 and the other 3600.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:34 PM
heta peta

ORIGINAL: redbarton

My father-in-law recently purchased an Evader EXT and put a Sidewinder 5700 combo in it. He has broken his rear axles at the pin hole twice now. Is this a common problem?
Mine have fallen out twice also. I bought new pins and put them in and used permanent thread lock on them and it works great. Check them before& after each run to see if there is any movement.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:41 PM
dackeldawg

Hello all, I am a total NOOB been running my BX for about a week now and used a lot of input from this board to get my list of upgrades started and started making my repairs..Rolled pins fell out in 2 days ( $.37 fix) broke my front suspension arm (NOOB driving into brick) .. But this is a good machine for throwing up some dirt and dead grass out in the backyard and seems to hold together well so far...except the rear wheels are alredy cracked and the rear tires lose pins fast (yes..again I wil credit this to my driving/bshing habits) I am planning on geting a motor upgrade soon and figure I might as well get some new pinions to experiment with too..Which ones should I get? I have been all over this board, but with 400+ posts it is hard to keep everything straight.. I do have all the info on the B2 upgrade now and that will happen as finances(WIFE) allows.. As far as wheels and tires I am thinking AEs with Dirt Hawgs as I mainly drive in packed dirt.. Thanks for any help or anything you guys think a NOOb needs to know!
Old 03-31-2008, 01:29 PM
dackeldawg

I did some more digging on the board and it looks like the Robinson Racing pinions are the way to go... I am still open to any opinions or tips on what I need to do/add to my wishlist....Money allowing of course..I will upgrade/replace as I break/destroy stuff..
Old 03-31-2008, 01:49 PM
cheech4

you pretty much got it... imo dont do the B2 upgrade till its neccassary. the tires you chose are great... a few tips i can share with you are get your self a metal geared servo like the hitech mg625 and 645, when and if you stripp your stock servo.. another tip would be get the T bone front bumper off ebay, or do a search for it, it will provide great protection for the front.. if you plan to upgrade the motor using the same ESC my suggestions are to get the trinity co27, the team orion core, and the new reedy stockstar motor, but i would go with the first 2 first cuz they have been tried and tested and known to be great... dont be shy this is a big thread as you know already there will be always some one here to answer questions.. and finally welcome to RCU and the evader coalition.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:46 PM
Frozen72

Rynamsl2 I'm having the same problem you are I want to get my EXT running but I could sell it and get a Rusty instead. I might make the EXT an racer only and trade my Mini-T parts for a rustler...
Old 03-31-2008, 02:48 PM
dackeldawg

Thanks cheech!! I have already put on an RPM front bumper from my LHS I drilled new holes so it would not stick out so far (it was digging into the dirt mounds in the back yard).
Old 03-31-2008, 03:50 PM
Pontiac K

[link=http://www.bigsquidrc.com/?p=151]Evader BX EXB[/link] I looked through the last 3 pages and didn't find anything on it. I think this is pretty new because it isn't on Duratrax's website.

Pontiac K
Old 03-31-2008, 05:14 PM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: Pontiac K

[link=http://www.bigsquidrc.com/?p=151]Evader BX EXB[/link] I looked through the last 3 pages and didn't find anything on it. I think this is pretty new because it isn't on Duratrax's website.

Pontiac K
beat ya to it, i posted the evader exb link a few pages ago...
Old 03-31-2008, 05:17 PM
BEARBYSR

I assume this is the buggy version of the ext??? Do you think this is the future of the vader?
Old 03-31-2008, 05:17 PM
Pontiac K

Ah[:@] Oh well I must have been just 1 or 2 pages short of finding it. It looks like a good starter car to go along with the EXT.

Pontiac K
Old 03-31-2008, 05:55 PM
Advil

The EXB looks like an interesting buggy to bash with. Towerhobbies has it priced for $119.99 on its 'just announced' section, so it may be possible to get ahold of it for $100. This looks like a good deal for those who want to add a 'basher' to their collection or for newcomers who want to get started on something economical.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:35 PM
redbarton

ORIGINAL: heta peta

ORIGINAL: redbarton

My father-in-law recently purchased an Evader EXT and put a Sidewinder 5700 combo in it. He has broken his rear axles at the pin hole twice now. Is this a common problem?
Mine have fallen out twice also. I bought new pins and put them in and used permanent thread lock on them and it works great. Check them before& after each run to see if there is any movement.
It's not the pins that are the problem. It the rear axle itself. He's broken two now right where the wheel pin goes through.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:21 PM
Ripcaster

ORIGINAL: Ripcaster

Im getting pretty frustrated. the B2 gears are not holding up for me......o well...

I have a question not really evader specific.........

if I have two battery packs of different Mah.......can I run them in series? I have a 6 cell 3300 and a 6 cell 3600.
If you run the packs in series, you'll double your voltage to 14.4. If the ESC and motor can handle that much voltage you'll see a lot of power. I started a thread on running 2 packs in parallel, which doubles my current capacity (when using the same mAh packs). there's a space issue there, but that's easy enough to overcome. I think that might be what you want to do.

+ to +, and - to -
I realize that running in series doubles the voltage. I was jsut not sure there would be an issue with the difference in Mah...one being 3300 and the other 3600.
Fair enough. [&:] Can't assume everyone here knows about electricity. I think there is still a problem with using different mAh cells though, since some will still be charged (if you will) while the others are drained yet you're still trying to draw from them.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:54 PM
Hardin Valley Magic

When running double batteries, always use the same size! Voltage and Mah...
Old 03-31-2008, 08:39 PM
cheech4

you know what i would love to see, now that duratrax has lit some sort of fire in the arsses to release new products... i would love to see another evader PRO maybe an evader PRO BRUSHLESS!!!!! with a extended chassis for bigger batteries and LIPO.. hopefully a improved tranny and better handling characteristcs. man fat as i am i would probably do a back flip, lol. [>:]
Old 03-31-2008, 08:40 PM
Frozen72

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/DuraTrax-Nitro-Evader-ST-CV-Axles_W0QQitemZ160222681368QQihZ006QQcategoryZ4402 8QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]Evader CVD's[/link]

Are those the right CVD's I need for my EXT with ST tranny?
Old 03-31-2008, 08:48 PM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: Frozen72

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/DuraTrax-Nitro-Evader-ST-CV-Axles_W0QQitemZ160222681368QQihZ006QQcategoryZ4402 8QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]Evader CVD's[/link]

Are those the right CVD's I need for my EXT with ST tranny?
well if you did the whole ST tranny conversion yes it should work fine.. thats exactly what i have in my evader, the nitro evader cvd's.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:51 PM
Hardin Valley Magic

ORIGINAL: cheech4

you know what i would love to see, now that duratrax has lit some sort of fire in the arsses to release new products... i would love to see another evader PRO maybe an evader PRO BRUSHLESS!!!!! with a extended chassis for bigger batteries and LIPO.. hopefully a improved tranny and better handling characteristcs. man fat as i am i would probably do a back flip, lol. [>:]
LMAO!!!!!!! Ah a vxl killer, now that would be awesome. Esp. if you could buy it with either graphite or alum. upgrade parts already installed...Make it best of everything staight out of the box. With the FASST system since they are in with Futaba already!!
Old 03-31-2008, 08:53 PM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: Hardin Valley Magic

ORIGINAL: cheech4

LMAO!!!!!!! Ah a vxl killer, now that would be awesome. Esp. if you could buy it with either graphite or alum. upgrade parts already installed...Make it best of everything staight out of the box. With the FASST system since they are in with Futaba already!!
well maybe kill the vxl on the track.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:54 PM
SigMan
My Feedback: (21)

man, just had an Evader race with my bud inbetween rain showers, and wow, is all i can say. these ST's are made very well for back yard racin' and bashin'..very fast for stock trucks.. we can tell a difference between the pirahana peak charger and the digital peak charger. the digi peak just does a much better job of getting the most out yer pack....spare no expense on your charging system and batteries... and keep your truck as stock as can be and you be far ahead in the game....IMO.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:59 PM
the evader crusader

I own a rusty vxl and i think if my evader had the vxl system it would kill the rusty on the track. As much as people complain obout the evader's handling it is twice as stable as the rustler
Old 03-31-2008, 09:04 PM
Redvanmafia

evaders are nice trucks, i got one!, ive had one for 5-6 years now its a losi design guys so right out the box it will perform better then most traxxas stuff
Old 03-31-2008, 09:12 PM
the evader crusader

Yeah one of thes days i'll convert mine untill then i'll let my raven 10 x 2 give me the runtime blues[&o]
Old 03-31-2008, 09:19 PM
vdubman

i just took my vxl rusty apart because it handles like crap and put the vxl system in my evader st handled much better and wow its fast but time for the b2 upgrade it took about ten minutes to toast the evader tranny. hope the b2 conversion holds up to the vxl system

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.