Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 08:58 PM
rawfuls
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Not if you gear it correctly.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:02 PM
rclugnut10

ORIGINAL: rawfuls

Not if you gear it correctly.
but then you're putting extra strain on the motor causing it to over heat, my advice loosne the slipper tons and burn that out like crazy

the lug
Old 11-13-2008, 09:11 PM
riverat1540

honestly as much as ive put into my truck a 50 dollar gear is nothing, i mean i could spend that on an aluminum bulkhead shipped. so why not the only problem i have is the diff so i will make it stronger. if i snapped axle carriers all the time i would upgrade them as well. and going to a 4600 is completely pointless. my truck is so light i dont need that kind of torque. i have more than enough already.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:18 PM
rclugnut10

then go 6600

the lug
Old 11-13-2008, 09:21 PM
riverat1540

and arrow rc has agreed to sell me a gear. so thats a plus but i have to wait till the end of the month when he gets back in town. but he is no longer making them as there is no demand
Old 11-13-2008, 09:24 PM
riverat1540

the 6660 will burn up under 3s its more speed but will overheat and over rev. 5700 is max for 3s. if i had a 4s lipo id run a 4600lol then id really have torque and speed, but pointless for a truck as light as the evader.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:26 PM
rclugnut10

ORIGINAL: riverat1540

and arrow rc has agreed to sell me a gear. so thats a plus but i have to wait till the end of the month when he gets back in town. but he is no longer making them as there is no demand
yeah i was wondering what the deal was with that i kinda expected that cuz these aren't the most popular cars

the 6660 will burn up under 3s its more speed but will overheat and over rev. 5700 is max for 3s. if i had a 4s lipo id run a 4600lol then id really have torque and speed, but pointless for a truck as light as the evader.
bah, no such thing as too much power, but their is such a thing as someone too smart to not try to hit that point...

the lug
Old 11-13-2008, 09:37 PM
FairTax4me

but he is no longer making them as there is no demand
At $45 a piece I just can't see why that would be...

I still think a Nitro evader gear box could be fitted so I can use the Nitro 2.50:1 aluminum gear set.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:41 PM
riverat1540

yea i agree. he said he never sold even one. but how many people really need an aluminum diff? i dont know really of anyone blowing out a b2 diff except me. but i cant help it i can run a b2 for 1/2 a pack on my 3s no problem but then all the sudden it just goes to crap. and if i loosen the slipper any more than i have it set i just squeel the slipper when i nail it.
i like liftng the front off the ground and tring to ride out wheelies. that stuff is fun. thats what we always wanted our rc's to do when we were younger and now it just on a higher level and if u wanna play big u have to open up ur wallet. but thats why its a hobby to keep u occupied ad excited. so if u really like it u want to make ur project the best u can with what u have. all i wish to do is better my truck were i see a flaw. i mean yes i could have sold off my truck and bought something that will handle the power like the rustler but ive put so much time and effort in my evader i cant just trow it away and start over. but hopefully the alum diff is all ill need and i wont snap any more drivetrain parts. then the evader will be complete in my mind and then the fun hop ups can begin like the alum exterior stuff but as of now i really like the graphite.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:44 PM
riverat1540

ORIGINAL: rclugnut10

yeah i was wondering what the deal was with that i kinda expected that cuz these aren't the most popular cars

bah, no such thing as too much power, but their is such a thing as someone too smart to not try to hit that point...

the lug
im just talking abot capability, and i agree with u on that. id rather have too much power than not enough
Old 11-13-2008, 11:12 PM
rclugnut10

yea i agree. he said he never sold even one. but how many people really need an aluminum diff? i dont know really of anyone blowing out a b2 diff except me. but i cant help it i can run a b2 for 1/2 a pack on my 3s no problem but then all the sudden it just goes to crap. and if i loosen the slipper any more than i have it set i just squeel the slipper when i nail it.
i like liftng the front off the ground and tring to ride out wheelies. that stuff is fun. thats what we always wanted our rc's to do when we were younger and now it just on a higher level and if u wanna play big u have to open up ur wallet. but thats why its a hobby to keep u occupied ad excited. so if u really like it u want to make ur project the best u can with what u have. all i wish to do is better my truck were i see a flaw. i mean yes i could have sold off my truck and bought something that will handle the power like the rustler but ive put so much time and effort in my evader i cant just trow it away and start over. but hopefully the alum diff is all ill need and i wont snap any more drivetrain parts. then the evader will be complete in my mind and then the fun hop ups can begin like the alum exterior stuff but as of now i really like the graphite.
i know this is kinda a basic thing but your idler could be getting sharpened by the steel top gear and then eating the plastic diff gear, i know you probally allready checked but thats all i got figured i'll jsut throw it out there...

the lug
Old 11-13-2008, 11:22 PM
riverat1540

u have a good word of advice there but it wasnt the problem it was just brut torque it happened when i was still moving backwards a tiny bit before i goosed the throttle so when the mesh had a chance to backlash it pulled a tooth or 2 off the diff. all i know is im gonna need some really good grease running an all metal transmission im gonna have to find what is best. so it lasts the long haul
Old 11-14-2008, 01:55 PM
cheech4

i remember when he was making them, i tried to push the hell out of it, here and other forums, putting the name out... But 50$ got him no bites the price for the gear was to much.. i mean duratrax sells the allow gear for the nitro evader for 25 bucks, at that price people will bite. you know the saying lose a dime to make a quarter!
Old 11-14-2008, 04:39 PM
riverat1540

well i hpoe his one and only holds up and does not have the problems the metal b2 had with wearing the idler, also found out what made the diff go. the double nuts i had on the top shaft somehow still moved and tightend the slippier spring all the way.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:32 PM
rclugnut10

well i hpoe his one and only holds up and does not have the problems the metal b2 had with wearing the idler, also found out what made the diff go. the double nuts i had on the top shaft somehow still moved and tightend the slippier spring all the way.
yeah i did wonder about the al idler and steel top gear [&:] well maybe you could run the B2 with a new idler and check it for wear ever 30 packs or so, and grease it heavily, thats what i'm gunna start doing, once i get around to ordering spurs...

the lug
Old 11-14-2008, 06:50 PM
riverat1540

yea i was putting it back together and i snapped the little taps off the nut holder for the diff that lil aluminum cup with the tabs on it. hate it when u do stupid things like that. so hopeflly i can get one tomorrow. i know ill have to buy the whole diff rebuild kit but ohh well. Im also thinking that might be the next weakest link.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:53 PM
riverat1540

compared my alum idler to my palstic on i took off when i went brushless and it is still perfect. i can tell u its pretty hard to get all that ground up plastic out of those other gears

Old 11-14-2008, 07:02 PM
rclugnut10

compared my alum idler to my palstic on i took off when i went brushless and it is still perfect. i can tell u its pretty hard to get all that ground up plastic out of those other gears

yeah i noticed i had a bunch o crap when i was helping rawfuls get his running, and i looked at my gears and saw it all and was like ohh damn better get that crap outta there... maybe you could try running a thick grease so that it runs all happy or even a drop of motor oil... idk just thoughts

the lug
Old 11-14-2008, 07:08 PM
riverat1540

i think everything was fine just too much power and since the slipper self tightened what broke was the first part to give which was the diff. ill have the rebuild kit tomorrow and hopefully all goes well till i get the aluminum diff.

Old 11-14-2008, 07:19 PM
rclugnut10

i think everything was fine just too much power and since the slipper self tightened what broke was the first part to give which was the diff. ill have the rebuild kit tomorrow and hopefully all goes well till i get the aluminum diff.

i heard of somebody replaceing that bushing (in the slipper assembly) with a bearing, but i checked around and couldn't find one, you could maybe but a drop o grease under it to help prevent slippage, but i'ld be a tad worried about it getting on my pads, if you do ild use the smallest amount of like black grease so it don't get flung that much

the lug
Old 11-15-2008, 01:16 PM
Matt_Gruizinga

??? anyone ever bent a stub axel before? i just was doing maintence and noticed my stub axel was tweaked.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:27 PM
rclugnut10

ORIGINAL: Matt_Gruizinga

??? anyone ever bent a stub axel before? i just was doing maintence and noticed my stub axel was tweaked.
nope but i belive that you did it, i've cracked a knuckle once i just put a drop o CA on it's held so far...

wow i have over 1100 posts on rcu...

the lug
Old 11-15-2008, 10:24 PM
w98seeng

So I was wondering why no one makes a roll cage for the Evader, so I am making one myself. I am about 3/4 finished the tubing and I haven't done any finish work yet, so it looks messy, but I will sand the joints and paint it soon. I am using 4mm copper tubing and soldering together, but this is only a test to see if I like the look of it. If I do, then I will make a stronger one out of 1/8th inch stainless rod.

What do you think of the design so far?

Old 11-15-2008, 11:21 PM
rclugnut10

pretty nice, tho i must say my stock body can take a beating, tho with the right body a roll cage would look sweet or just on its own, or like zip tie bits of lexan on idk, but i may try that if it can just be soldered together...

the lug
Old 11-15-2008, 11:23 PM
riverat1540

so im finding i need a much larger bumper after breaking 2 front shock towers in just the last week. any one one found a good wide bumper to use that holds up pretty well. btw the truck handles great with the 5000 3s lipo and is very drivable. only problem is i get to comfortable with the power and end up getting cocky and puusing it further and further till im calling the hobby store for parts. but i think i have the evader nearly perfected and any other upgrades besides the metal diff will be to make the exterior more durable such as aluminum parts but no hurry for those as money is still a lil tight to go just that far at the moment. as of now if i dont hit anything or go flipping i should be ok as the drivetrain is performing beuitifully with the b2. just had to get the slipper nuts secure so they dont self tighten again. as for a roll cage i dnt hink it is worth the added weight for the durability as aluminum shock towers would serve just as well when the body is on at far less of a drag.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.