Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 05:15 PM
BashNBurn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Roger!

I was just on Towers website and went thru the parts list and you are correct sir...based on EXT/EXB. No part number for wheels and tires yet however.

The DT is supposed to start shipping (from tower) at the end of July...159.00 sheckles, just FYI.

Thanks ;-)
Old 07-05-2010, 05:20 PM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: BashNBurn

Roger!

I was just on Towers website and went thru the parts list and you are correct sir...based on EXT/EXB. No part number for wheels and tires yet however.

The DT is supposed to start shipping (from tower) at the end of July...159.00 sheckles, just FYI.

Thanks ;-)
tires
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...9768&search=Go

wheels
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...9932&search=Go

Old 07-05-2010, 08:04 PM
BashNBurn

DOH!

Thanks MC ;-)
Old 07-05-2010, 08:09 PM
mc4798

ORIGINAL: BashNBurn

DOH!

Thanks MC ;-)

Old 07-05-2010, 10:26 PM
Candre23

The gigantic badlands tires along with the high resistance of grass proved to be too much for the stock motor. It's completely burned out after only about three full packs on the new tires. I was hoping the 88t spur gear would be enough to save it, but I guess not.

I've got a used stampede on the way that will be my new lawn runner, so I'm going to lower the suspension back down on the EXB and use it on the road and hard dirt only. I'm thinking of keeping the [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDU14&P=ML]dirt hawgs[/link] on the front and getting a pair of [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXYKU7&P=7]road rages[/link] for the rear on the road, and I already have a good soft pair of proline pins for the dirt. I'm thinking this [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXPGN6&P=SM]Integy 19t motor[/link] will be a decent replacement for the photon. Since I'll be going back to reasonably sized rear tires, I'll probably stick the stock 81t spur back in as well. I'm considering getting some harder springs for the road as well. I assume I can use ST rear and BX front springs, since tower doesn't list them specifically for the EXB?

Anything about that plan sound inappropriate? The page on tower for the motor doesn't mention the shaft diameter - are they pretty much standard? Will I be able to re-use the 23t pinion from the photon, or do I need to get a new one to replace it?
Old 07-05-2010, 10:37 PM
cumquat

ORIGINAL: Candre23

The gigantic badlands tires along with the high resistance of grass proved to be too much for the stock motor. It's completely burned out after only about three full packs on the new tires. I was hoping the 88t spur gear would be enough to save it, but I guess not.

I've got a used stampede on the way that will be my new lawn runner, so I'm going to lower the suspension back down on the EXB and use it on the road and hard dirt only. I'm thinking of keeping the [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDU14&P=ML]dirt hawgs[/link] on the front and getting a pair of [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXYKU7&P=7]road rages[/link] for the rear on the road, and I already have a good soft pair of proline pins for the dirt. I'm thinking this [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXPGN6&P=SM]Integy 19t motor[/link] will be a decent replacement for the photon. Since I'll be going back to reasonably sized rear tires, I'll probably stick the stock 81t spur back in as well.

Anything about that plan sound inappropriate? The page on tower for the motor doesn't mention the shaft diameter - are they pretty much standard? Will I be able to re-use the 23t pinion from the photon, or do I need to get a new one to replace it?
there are only 3 diameters of shafts i know. there is mini, 1/8 inch (3.5mm) and 5mm. most all 540s use 3.5mm shafts. i have heard that the stock esc can handle a 19t with a heat sink but you would be better off with either a new esc that is rated for the turns or get a 27t. i have had great success with the axial 27t and its stock spec so racing is an option without a lot of money.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:50 PM
cumquat

i have some bad news.

no evader []. at least, not right now. my mom got some unexpected bills that need paid so she is keeping the money i was supposed to get for an ext.
on the bright side, the plan is that i will be getting a tamiya kit so i can finally run after over 8 months (i lost count of exactly how long its been). she isnt getting a whole lot of hours at work (she works at a day care center that has a lot of teacher's kids) so her money is snug. i will probably be able to get it when school starts again (i love being home schooled, my conflict resolvers are jerry springer and steve wilkos!). any way, i'll stick around as if i still have my first and help out seeing as how most of the questions are more or less general to the hobby or things i figured out while reading threads and google.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:51 PM
Candre23

The stock photon is a 20t, so I was hoping the 19t integy wouldn't be too much for the esc. If it is, then I'll have to find something else. I would think the 27t axial would be noticeably slower without a gear change. Did you have to re-gear, or was it still quick with the stock setup?
Old 07-05-2010, 11:08 PM
cumquat

well, i didnt have it in an evader. it was an ext gearbox on an rc10 gold pan and i didnt use the phantom in it. that said, it was pushing 30-35 (guesstimating) when i geared it 35/78 and the fact it was running cool enough with the 35/78 so touch it for 10 seconds says something.

i dont know if this changes anything but as i was typing i remembered that i was running a dynamite tazer 15t esc. but at any rate, the 27t isnt exactly slow.
in case your wondering, i was running a venom 3000 6 cell.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:11 PM
cumquat

i just realized that my post has very little useful information outside of the 27t being plenty strong enough to take what you throw at it (for the most part). it should take grass pretty well and at $14 or so on tower there is no reason not to give it a shot.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:30 PM
Candre23

ORIGINAL: cumquat

i just realized that my post has very little useful information outside of the 27t being plenty strong enough to take what you throw at it (for the most part). it should take grass pretty well and at $14 or so on tower there is no reason not to give it a shot.
Not at all. I'm still really new at this, so any first-hand experience you can share is useful to me. I'll give the Axial a shot, and if it's too slow, I'll consider a different motor or re-gear. Like you said, for $14, it's not much of a risk.

One other question - I was running my car with my buddy who has a 15 year old RC10. He had these great tool-less lock nuts on the rear wheels. They were like three-spoke wingnuts that you could easily twist off and change the wheels quickly. He got them over a decade ago and doesn't remember who made them. I can't find anything like them on tower. Does anybody know where I could get a set of lock nuts like these for the evader?
Old 07-06-2010, 12:01 AM
cumquat

i dont think the make them anymore. i think that associated actually made them. i'll look around but no guarantees.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:10 AM
cumquat

i cant find them but you could check the hardware store for regular steel 4mm sing nuts. if you are using the standard concave shaped rims they should work.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:29 AM
Nitro_Thunder904

Idk bout converting my ST to a DT but I do like the wheels and tires. I might pick up a set jus for the looks. The body is a cool concept to. To bad they didnt make the lights functional. Maybe i'll pick one of those up to and make up a kit for making them functional. Surely im not the only one who has lost their truck into the darkness only to find it stuck in a bush . Y'all think if I made the kit that it would sell???

As for the motor question, I use my stock esc with my trinity 19 turn for bashing around. It never runs hot or anything. Also the pinion gear you have now should fit (I said SHOULD, so if it doesnt, my bad lol).
Old 07-06-2010, 12:46 AM
cumquat

ram somewhat beat you to it. you can buy their lights and adapt them to multiple cars/trucks. give it a shot, at very least it is good soldering practice.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:53 AM
Nitro_Thunder904

I knew they made lights for the E/T-maxx's, never looked into any others lol. I've just always made my own, some were more rigged than other but they worked lol. At one point I had nothing more than a red LED ziptied on my antenna tube and crimped to a 9v battery just so I could see where my truck was lol.

Im still trying to decide between which of the 4 new Associated 540R BL setups to go with. I wanna go FAST but not have to rebuild my diff every time I run, Hmm. Im think the 3900 or 4900. 6100 just seems like to much and 3300 just seems like not enough. Would the 4900 be ok without burning through gears???
Old 07-06-2010, 01:13 AM
cumquat

the traxxas BL motor is 3500kv so 3300 isnt exactly a crawler motor, it all depends on how many volts you run.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:41 AM
Nitro_Thunder904

lol, I kno the 3300 isnt a crawler motor but I wanna go FAST! Like Ricky Bobby fast lol.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:58 AM
mc4798

ORIGINAL: Nitro_Thunder904

lol, I kno the 3300 isnt a crawler motor but I wanna go FAST! Like Ricky Bobby fast lol.

That is funny !

Just my opinion, For the moneyI would get a castle SW setup or a ezrun 60amp combo.

Both are way more tuneable and in the same price range.

Both will be plenty fast but unless you go 3s I dont think either is Ricky Bobby fast
Old 07-06-2010, 07:03 AM
monsterbombs

i would like to hear if anyone has run the 15t hpi
motor. im thinking of getting one for the price.
just for some fun on the sand.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:30 AM
mc4798

ORIGINAL: monsterbombs

Ran one in a blitz one time. Seemed pretty good.

Lug has one in his EXT, so he could proably tell you more.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:45 AM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

yes i do, and it runs pretty well makes surprisingly good power on 2s and pushes the car around its not painfully slow but its no bullet either

the lug
Old 07-06-2010, 09:27 AM
airmayle

ORIGINAL: monsterbombs

I have one in my Evader ST. Like lug said its not a speed demon but its not slow either. You will have to mod the motor plate a little for it to fit. Just dremel the hole a little bigger so the motor fits flush against the motor plate. The 15t HPI is not rebuild-able but still a good motor. You could pick one up on ebay for about $10.00 shipped. I'm running it on a 7cell side by side nimh and it pushes right along, gave some new life to the Evader.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:31 AM
Candre23

Rather than just replacing the springs, I'm thinking it might be worthwhile to replace the plastic shocks with adjustable aluminum ones. Can somebody verify for me that the stock BX fronts and ST rears are appropriate for the EXB?
Old 07-06-2010, 10:34 AM
mc4798

ORIGINAL: Candre23

Rather than just replacing the springs, I'm thinking it might be worthwhile to replace the plastic shocks with adjustable aluminum ones. Can somebody verify for me that the stock BX fronts and ST rears are appropriate for the EXB?
Yes, That is what is called for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.