Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 02:01 PM
Darknest07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

ORIGINAL: airmayle

So the rest of the stuff came in from Tower. I have everything solder, wired and programed looks good so far. The ESC mount is ok, plastic is a little thin and the Phillips screws stripped out. I pitched them and replaced with some hex screws much better. Here are some pics of everything setup. I'm running a RR 20 tooth pinon for starter after pack or two and some temp readings I'll adjust.
Just out of curiousity, what batteries are you gonna be running with that???
Also, I see that you have a set of PL RoadHawgs all around..how do they handle, do they offer good grip??

Thanks
Old 08-17-2010, 02:23 PM
Candre23
My Feedback: (8)

I have a set of road hawgs on the rear of my EXB for blacktop driving. I run dirt hawgs up front because they work pretty well on and off road. The road hawgs give very good grip, though they're the only road tires I've ever run on the EXB, so I don't really have much to compare to. I will say that they wear rather quickly - at least the outer edges do. Only run a few packs on them so far, and they're definitely the most worn looking tires I have.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:28 PM
mc4798

ORIGINAL: Candre23

The t-bone set is less than $20 for front and rear. You got the whole car for that much? Lucky you!

Another option might be the DT bumper. It would look a bit weird, but it's probably a direct fit. Maybe one of the DT owners could verify?
Direct fit.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:49 PM
airmayle

Darknest07

As of right now 7cell Promatch racing NiMH is what will power it. I just had it out and with the 7 cell it has plenty of speed for me. The RoadHawgs have been the best on road tire that I have tried so far. Just a tip I would not use DuraTrax wheels they bend to much for me. If you get some good on road tires I would also get some good quality wheels to.

Plan on going Lipo soon. Selling stuff on Ebay that has been sitting in the basement collecting dust, to fund my RC18b project. I have around $70 saved so far but really thinking about spending it on a good Lipo charger. The wife put a hold on spending from the bank account for a while. So now I have too use my paypal so she can't see the amount. Funny thing is some of the stuff in the basement was her's that sold. She got a small closet full of Coach handbags that I'd like to sell they just sit there saying look at me I was real expensive but that is a whole other subject.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:04 PM
mc4798

Darknest07

As of right now 7cell Promatch racing NiMH is what will power it. I just had it out and with the 7 cell it has plenty of speed for me. The RoadHawgs have been the best on road tire that I have tried so far. Just a tip I would not use DuraTrax wheels they bend to much for me. If you get some good on road tires I would also get some good quality wheels to.

Plan on going Lipo soon. Selling stuff on Ebay that has been sitting in the basement collecting dust, to fund my RC18b project. I have around $70 saved so far but really thinking about spending it on a good Lipo charger. The wife put a hold on spending from the bank account for a while. So now I have too use my paypal so she can't see the amount. Funny thing is some of the stuff in the basement was her's that sold. She got a small closet full of Coach handbags that I'd like to sell they just sit there saying look at me I was real expensive but that is a whole other subject.
Thats so funny. The wife just done me the same way . So was not thrilled with yesterdays purchase
But after I told her it came with a 10model 2.4g radio she wasnt too upset. She knew I was looking at a new radio

Old 08-17-2010, 03:18 PM
airmayle

ORIGINAL: mc4798

Darknest07

Thats so funny. The wife just done me the same way . So was not thrilled with yesterdays purchase
But after I told her it came with a 10model 2.4g radio she wasnt too upset. She knew I was looking at a new radio

mc479- Nice purchase. looks like good quality Amain carries that line on their website. Ya in the last month I've had three or four more orders than normal. I will offset it by using my paypal but she has been wise to the transferring of funds to that account. By the way when your new buggy arrives take some pics and do a little review. I'm jealous!!

Old 08-17-2010, 04:06 PM
Darknest07

Darknest07

Yeah i plan on buying JConcept wheels with the roadhawgs...

BTW, if you go lipo I do suggest you buy them from HK...They are pretty descent and are sold VERY cheap!(witch would help your $$$situdation )...
Old 08-17-2010, 04:11 PM
mc4798

Darknest07

mc479- Nice purchase. looks like good quality Amain carries that line on their website. Ya in the last month I've had three or four more orders than normal. I will offset it by using my paypal but she has been wise to the transferring of funds to that account. By the way when your new buggy arrives take some pics and do a little review. I'm jealous!!

Thanks. I love buggies to begin with and 4wd takes the cake for me.

Oh dont worry I had to get rid of some stuff so she wouldnt divorce me all together. Namely theBlitz (hardly used)and the Warhead. Which I kick myself for getting anyway. Nitro is just not for me and to be honest maybe 8th scale isnt either. Just too expensive and too much hassle.

I got a TTPhoenix XT on ebay brand new about 2-3 weeks back for less than a new EXT . It is a very nice truck and came with pretty good electronics (sold them) and very tunable suspension. Plus T3 parts fit
So after seeing the qualityI knew then I wanted a sparrowhawk.

Oh if anybody is looking for a deal on a new sc10 this is the cheapest i have seen them for. Free shipping also.

Didnt mean to hijack the thread
Old 08-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Evader Owner 19

I found some cheap ca glue at my boscovs. It was reaaly strong because it almost fused my fingers together in seconds. It was a dollar for 3 tubes.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:29 PM
mc4798

ORIGINAL: Darknest07

Darknest07

Yeah i plan on buying JConcept wheels with the roadhawgs...

BTW, if you go lipo I do suggest you buy them from HK...They are pretty descent and are sold VERY cheap!(witch would help your $$$situdation )...
I agree on the Hk lipos. But venom is finally getting there lipos close to hk prices.

The Jconcept wheels are great. plus you get four for a few dollars more. You have to use the wheel spacer with them. At least on the buggy anyways.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:35 PM
Darknest07

All i know about Venom is that I wont be buying there products in a LONG time...ive had very bad experience with there stick packs, and will need to hear some very good talk about the LIPOs to change my mind.

Yeah I like the fact that they come in packs of 4(for the price), wont be needing wheels in a while ...Spacers??? I have the ST..will see how it will work out..

BTW, for those who would like to know, the JConcept Rulux Series wheels ARE dyable, was confirmed to me by email..just wanted to put that out for those who would like to dye them (I will be dying em black).
Old 08-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Candre23

I agree on the Hk lipos. But venom is finally getting there lipos close to hk prices.
Anybody have any experience with Blue lipos from hobbypartz? They're in the US and have hardcase packs for about the same money as HK: http://www.hobbypartz.com/lipocar.html
Old 08-17-2010, 05:40 PM
HJJFFFAA

Anybody have any experience with Blue lipos from hobbypartz? They're in the US and have hardcase packs for about the same money as HK: http://www.hobbypartz.com/lipocar.html
Blue is as good as HK stuff in my experience. Actually, I think they are the same people.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:23 PM
Dark asylumn

well i bought 3 of the 2s 5000 soft packs and have over a hundred uses and still going really strong, I just ordered 4 of the 2s 5000 hardcase will be ordering more soon, Ihave a hk and it is thicker and doesnt run as long just my 2 cents

Old 08-17-2010, 06:28 PM
mc4798

Darkness : Been hearing good things about there ROAR approved packs. The ones without wires attached.
Those Rulux wheels are going to be nice in black

Candre : I had some blue lipos. Had some issues with them, But I never once balanced them (loser) and they started losing capacity. SO I ordered 2 more 5000mah packs and will try actually taking proper care of them this time

Old 08-17-2010, 08:57 PM
Evader Owner 19

I never knew that lipos are so cheap.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:57 PM
Darknest07

Darkness : Been hearing good things about there ROAR approved packs. The ones without wires attached.
Those Rulux wheels are going to be nice in black
Yeah, well will be probably be ordering the during the winter since the summer is almost finished.

Current Street tires:
DTXwheels w/stock ribbed in front(no more ribs) and almost bald gladiators in back..its pretty sad, lol
Old 08-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Evader Owner 19

I am wondering how much should i fill my aluminum shocks. They are a lot harder than the plastic shocks to fill.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:31 PM
Darknest07

ORIGINAL: Evader Owner 19

I am wondering how much should i fill my aluminum shocks. They are a lot harder than the plastic shocks to fill.
Well, i normally fill them all the way to the top or about .1" from the top..the rest will spill out, then I fully tighten the cover up...
Old 08-17-2010, 09:48 PM
Evader Owner 19

Really? Are your shocks the bottom loaded ones without caps?
Old 08-18-2010, 09:30 AM
Darknest07

ORIGINAL: Evader Owner 19

Really? Are your shocks the bottom loaded ones without caps?
You mean the ST ones?? If so, yes.

I even found a DTX instruction sheet that comes with the shock rebuild kit, the say to fill to the top(as I do).
Old 08-18-2010, 10:17 AM
Evader Owner 19

i found that the top was too much and a lot would leak i fill it a little above the bottom threads.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:04 PM
airmayle

I was bored. Little video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doviHAiben0
Old 08-18-2010, 01:55 PM
Dark asylumn

nice video,  ok I ordered a set of titaniun rods from toy train heaven for my strike they were to small a diameter, but they do fit the vader wonderfully, they were 13 dollars for them, also just to mention if anyone has a strike and some extra strike slipper pads, I put the strike pad in the vader setup and so far it is working beautifully, only have about 3 hours on it but seems to be doing great, definately an improvement over stoce. just take old slipper pad out and put in new one.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:03 PM
trx1
My Feedback: (2)

my evader is down, needs a esc and a new set of rear tires.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.