Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 10:48 AM
cheech4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition - T.E.C.

raz i bought it from a guy who bought the dx3 and only had 1 car, so he sold the extra receveir to make a buck. it was brand new. i tried binding them, it doesnt have a problem with binding.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:49 AM
4 stroken ron
My Feedback: (29)

Hmmmmm, Well I would call Skektrum customer service. They have always been very helpful when I called them.
And don't try to BS them about how you got the RX. Tell them the whole truth about buying it on E-BAY. Believe me they don't care where or how you got it. They will not treat you any differently then if you bought it directly from them.
Ron
Old 06-27-2006, 12:40 PM
raz54

cheech. Just so I understand correctly you think it is one of the rx's that's causing it? Has the antenna wire been cut? They say you can cut them as long as you leave about 3.5 inches. How long is that one? I didn't cut mine, I just coiled it around the shortened antenna tube
Old 06-27-2006, 02:56 PM
4 stroken ron

cheech, just to clarify something here. Are you using an external, after market failsafe? I hope not.
Ron
Old 06-27-2006, 03:25 PM
raz54

I don't think he is, just the one built in the spektrum.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:58 PM
littleevilgirl
My Feedback: (6)

a few more questions here.... are any of you all running 2.2 tires? and if so what hex adapeter are you using if any? from what i know most 2.2 tires have a hex, i wasnt sure which one would work.

also what are the pros/cons of switching from the 88t st spur (which i have now) to the 81t bx spur? i am running a intellispeed 12t with reedy flash 13t motor and stock tires now.... wouldnt it be a lot quicker? if i were to get the larger 2.2's would the bx spur pose a problem?

also does anyone make 1/10 foams that would fit on the evader? i hear there is a carpet track in spain (our first stop on the way to iraq) thought i might check it out.

well any input is good, thanks!
Old 06-27-2006, 11:12 PM
cheech4

no i never touched the antenna left it just as is, and no i dont have a after market fail safe, just the one thats installed in the spektrum.... i called them today and yes your right they are nice and he said no matter where i got the rx that they will service it. i knew that wasnt the problem the problem is i bought it privately and i have to spend more money on it.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:22 PM
4 stroken ron

I know what you mean about having to pay more, bummer. BTW how much did they ask you to send with it to get it repaired? Before you send it in I think you should open the case, get a good magnifying glass and look at the solder joint where the antenna wire is connected to the board. You might be surprised at what you find.
Ron
Old 06-27-2006, 11:55 PM
cheech4

they didnt give a price they just said bring it in.. i talked to the guy who sold it to me and he said that he had his serviced and all he said was he bought it new but lost the receipt and they fixed it for him.. yeah i bet they did, its problably the one he sold me!!!!...
Old 06-27-2006, 11:57 PM
cheech4

when i opened it the solder looked good on the circuit board. so i dont know whats up with it.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:36 AM
cheech4

Made a mistake on last quote. I did open it and it did look good the solder. Because it was my good receiver, the other one the bad one the antenna seemed like half the threads were disconnected or ripped out looking really close at it. I dont know if that would create my problem im having. so i ask should i solder it my self and risk that it would work again or just send it in ???? my soldering is not that great so if i touch it then send it in they can tell i touch it. so i might void it. anythoughts????
Old 06-28-2006, 11:58 AM
4 stroken ron

I think you found the problem. If you are not real confident on your soldering (I know I would not try it) take it to a local radio/tv repair shop I bet they would resolder it for cheap.
Oh, and "YES" if there are loose threads in that wire/solder joint they could cause intermittent problems.
And when you put it back together use the side hole for the antenna wire. Now that you have seen the inside you can see the strain relief that is provided in the side hole.
Ron
Old 06-28-2006, 12:05 PM
SpecialEd

I need the wisdom of this group. Can anyone tell me in layman's terms what the pros and cons of serrated vs. non-serrated brushes are? Anyone have a preference for one over the other?

Thanks,
Ed
Old 06-28-2006, 12:08 PM
SpecialEd

ORIGINAL: 4 stroken ron

Oh, and "YES" if there are loose threads in that wire/solder joint they could cause intermittent problems.
Ron - I think you may have just explained why my SS4300 stopped working properly. After taking it apart to clean it I can no longer get the thing to run. I couldn't get the rear to come off during the process and tried turning it. I think I may have tweaked one or more of the wires. The blue and green lights blink rapidly when I hold the throttle trigger down - Novak couldn't tell me what it meant unless I send it in to them.

Thanks,
John
Old 06-28-2006, 12:58 PM
rcmaster103

Anyone want to give me a free esc?
Old 06-28-2006, 01:08 PM
SanabriaJ

ORIGINAL: SpecialEd

I need the wisdom of this group. Can anyone tell me in layman's terms what the pros and cons of serrated vs. non-serrated brushes are? Anyone have a preference for one over the other?

Thanks,
Ed
Ed - The serrations on the brushes make for an easier break-in process. There is less material to wear off for the brush to seat and take the shape of the comm. The motor is at optimum performance when the brush is fully contoured to te comm.
I personaly break-in my race motors for about 10 - 12 min @ 2v. There are different types of serrations for different brushes, for example The Trinity E-brush (4499) has smaller serrations than a Reedy 767. The 4504 is the same brush as the E but the serrations are diagonal. I really like this brush because it doesn't cut grooves into the comm and stays cleaner.
Non-serrated brushes take longer to break-in and conform themselves to the shape of the comm. I personally prefer serrated ones.
Performance wise, I like the 4504 and the F-brush. They hold up pretty good for the stress we put them through in Touring car. This is a more racing oriented point of view from my On-road experience. For Off-road buggies like the Evader they should last a good while. How long I honestly don't know, I'm new to Off-road and got the Evader just to play around, but motor temps in On-road are a lot higher than Off-road and the motors don't get beat up as bad. For playing around purposes you will not see any difference.
If you don't race, you will not notice any difference. Just use the ones that you feel last the longest.

Hope this helps.

Joel
Old 06-28-2006, 01:19 PM
skidooguymxz550

motors don't get beat up as much off road? what about when they slam into dirt or sand while doing a wheelie or go through mud water> and the constant dust, and big tires? how can you say offroad doesn' get abused as much
Old 06-28-2006, 01:25 PM
SpecialEd

SanabriaJ - Many thanks for this wealth of information. I hope you enjoy your Evader now that you have it.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:27 PM
SanabriaJ

ORIGINAL: skidooguymxz550

motors don't get beat up as much off road? what about when they slam into dirt or sand while doing a wheelie or go through mud water> and the constant dust, and big tires? how can you say offroad doesn' get abused as much
I was reffering to temperature, motor load and wear on the comm. On-road puts a lot more stress on a motor than Off-road.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:29 PM
SanabriaJ

ORIGINAL: SpecialEd

SanabriaJ - Many thanks for this wealth of information. I hope you enjoy your Evader now that you have it.
No problem and thanks. Yes this buggy is a lot of fun and for the price it can't be beat.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:16 PM
cheech4

well i tried soldering it and all the threads are in. my job soldering is not a profesional looking job but it is perfect to me,hopefully this fixes the problem. not for nothing though the servo i have in there now is the replacement for the broken servo and its the spektrum servo not the metal high torque one, i love that one but the other it comes with the 270 i think it is, its a piece of crap no torque and its slow.. but i do have to say that it still turns the wheels when i start it, will it freak out when i drive it we will soon find out.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:25 PM
raz54

keep us posted cheech. Hope that fixed your problem.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:43 PM
cheech4

i will just waiting on a new servo.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:30 PM
cheech4

anybody know anything about these servo's, there pretty cheap. and they are metal geared high torque??
[link]http://cgi.ebay.com/High-Torque-Metal-Gear-Ball-Bearing-Servo-MG-995-US_W0QQitemZ220002602716QQihZ012QQcategoryZ34056QQ cmdZViewItem[/link]
Old 06-29-2006, 11:22 PM
4 stroken ron

They are a little slow, but not too bad. Price is right and I believe Tower Pro servos are OK. If I needed any right now I would order them.
Ron

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.