Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

reedy quad mag

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 09:12 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reedy quad mag

Has anyone ever owned both the quad mag and the speed gems acronite and compared them? I own the acronite and it has plenty of power but the topend is less than impressing. My buggy with a 19t pinion and tower hobbies speed stocker smokes it by at least 10 mph, but that speed stocker is kinda insane. I'm not kidding you, it goes like 30+! But anyways i was thinking about getting the quad mag because i hear so much about it and in a touring car it can go almost 40. Does anyone know of any vids from swami rc or misbehavin rc that are probably running quad mags? How much air air do you think you could get off a 2ft jump running the qm? Because in AN EVADER(!!!!!) i'm only getting like 3 ft of air with my 19t becaus it's so slow.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:14 PM
gunnut

Default RE: reedy quad mag

I got lots of air with the quad mag I used to run in my pede. It easily beats cheaper 15 turn motors.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:26 PM
kostaktinos_mt

a reedy quad mag in your buggy will give you 30-33mph, especially if you use 7cells...
Old 02-06-2006, 12:16 AM
Evader_Newbie

hmmm, i had i doubt about tower hobby brand stuff, but 30 mph with a tower hobbies motor????
Old 02-06-2006, 12:44 AM
gunnut

I had a Tower Hobbies "speed secret" 14 turn motor in my touring car and it used to HAUL! It seemed like a nice motor. It was a "quad magnet" type as well.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:03 AM
Flyojumper

30mph out of a stock motor?!? And not on a touring car but a buggy?!? And a TowerHobbies?!?
Sorry but I think you must be exaggerating a little bit.
Have you actually measured that speed or are you just judging visually?
I could picture that speed out of the TowerHobbies speed secret 14t but out of a 27t I really have my doubts...
Unless you are running 8+ cells lol
Can you tell us more about this?
What kind of battery do you use? How did you measure speed?
Old 02-06-2006, 01:09 AM
Flyojumper

Just cranked some numbers:
On an Evader BX: 2.66 internal gear, Pinion/Spur 88/19 (I used the spur that's stock in the Pro RTR or kit version) and 3.5" wheels, you would need an impressive 36000 RPM under load to achieve 30mph.
Sorry but 36000rpm under load is completely impossible on a stock motor, unless you run a sick # of cells.
Did you mean the speed secret 14t motor instead of the speed stocker maybe?
Old 02-06-2006, 01:20 AM
kostaktinos_mt

the speed stocker gives around 27000rpm without load at 7.2v and 28200 at 8.4v. but its a very nice motor for that money...
Old 02-06-2006, 05:41 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

It is the speed stocker, and it beats t-maxxes running 20%nitro for about 20 seconds then the maxx slowly starts to creep up, that's the only way i'm judging the speed, but it also smokes the 19t i'm running with the same gearing. I'm telling you, if i'm running on a cleaning with good brushes it'll easily do 25-30mph. I have never cut the comm, as you can't because the endbell is locked, but it still rips after at least 50 runs. I can't really believe it either but is is insanely fast for a stock motor. If i hold the tires off the ground and gun it they balloon to like a 5 in diameter running foam inserts.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:20 PM
kostaktinos_mt

the stock brushes aren`t that good, but if you swap them with good silver ones...whoa... as good as my p2k2 i can say... [its been a couple of years since i raced in stock class...]