Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Snow storm is coming tonight!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 07:41 PM
capone12
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snow storm is coming tonight!!!

In preparation, I took apart my rusty and cleaned everything and shot everything up with WD40 and it looks beautiful right about now. I learned a few waterproofing tips like putting thr truck outside for awhile so the tires get cold and the snow doesnt stick to it but I am wondering how to waterproof my servo a different way. While looking for more information, I heard someting about dipping the servo in candle wax. Does this work? Im sitting here with a candle lit so I can try this but I want to know if this is safe/smart to do. Im going to be using my only working servo right now for this so I dont want to mess this up.

Also, what are some other uses for WD40? I used it to clean my truck and to oil my bearings and keep them and some other stuff from rusting before but what else can I do with it? Just wondering this because this stuff has worked wonders on all of my cars making them look nice.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:53 PM
discgolfer72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Snow storm is coming tonight!!!

i dont know about candle wax it has to be hot and might damage somthing but i have read in rc car action that u can use the stuff u dip tools in to give them a rubber handle they sell at walmart or most auto part stores

it says to dip servo in holding by wire let drip dry then cut out oround the gear
Old 02-11-2006, 07:56 PM
skate5290

yo, dont get your hopes up we arent getting any snow here...
Old 02-11-2006, 08:01 PM
discgolfer72

oh yea just to warn u wd-40 is really bad for plastic i have ben in automotive field for a long time and from exp it removes mosturie from what ever u spray it on and when the moisture is removed from plastics it becoms verry brittle i have seen manny dash and other plastic car parts cracked frome using wd-40 and armor all to clean
Old 02-11-2006, 08:03 PM
capone12

ORIGINAL: skate5290

yo, dont get your hopes up we arent getting any snow here...
Either way, its still precipitation and I dont care if its wet. I actually kinda like running in the mud and puddles. Kinda fun until you get stuck. Only bad thing is cleaning and also not being able to use my brushless motor in the wet.[&o]
Old 02-11-2006, 08:09 PM
capone12

ORIGINAL: discgolfer72

oh yea just to warn u wd-40 is really bad for plastic i have ben in automotive field for a long time and from exp it removes mosturie from what ever u spray it on and when the moisture is removed from plastics it becoms verry brittle i have seen manny dash and other plastic car parts cracked frome using wd-40 and armor all to clean
I forgot to mention that I mix the WD40 with simple green. I thoguht that helped fight against the plastic becoming brittle but even if it doesnt. I dont really care because I dont plan on crushing the car just moderate driving. Since I have to use either the stock stinger motor or my venom fireball motor, I highly doubt Ill be going fast enough to break anything anyway.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:14 PM
discgolfer72

cool just warning ya
Old 02-11-2006, 08:27 PM
skate5290

hey capone, wat kind of brushless do u have?
Old 02-11-2006, 09:39 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

I'm getting like a foot, but have no servos
Old 02-11-2006, 10:37 PM
capone12

ORIGINAL: skate5290

hey capone, wat kind of brushless do u have?
I have a novak SS4300. So does anybody know if the candle wax over the servo is a good idea or not? Im thinking about trying it with my old dead stock servo from my rusty but I dont know if that thing would take turning over one more time before it caught on fire or something. Trust me when I tell you, that servo is BEAT to death. Ah well its still worth a shot though, I think Im going to try it and if it works well then I might do it with my good servo.

Anybody know of a company that sells waterproofed servos? That would be cool. Hint to manufacturers: waterproof electronics=very good. If a company starts proudcing waterproof electronics, I'd surely be one of the people buying it because Im not 100% sure my methods of waterproofing will work all the time.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:39 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

The way will work. Even just grease will work for a few runs.

Hows the ss4300? Speeds?
Old 02-12-2006, 09:57 AM
capone12

ORIGINAL: tamiyacrawler

The way will work. Even just grease will work for a few runs.

Hows the ss4300? Speeds?
Well its perfect for me. The speeds of it are in the upper 20's to lower 30's. I run mine on 7-cells though which is why the speeds are higher. I like it because its perfect for the amount of area that I have to run it. Im not running in a small area but its medium. Its not large enough for me to hit full speed unless I'm driving on the road or on our driveway. But for the offroad, it rips through dirt, grass, sticks, mulch, whatever I decide to run on. Excellent torque too. There is no comparison between this and the other two motors I have (stinger motor and a venom fireball[:'(]). Only thing you have to worry about is standing behind the car. Dont stand behind the car and give it throttle unless you are driving on-road. If you do this offroad, you are going to be covered in grass, dirt, everything! The only bad thing about it is that I have it geared as perfectly as I can but it still overheats. I think its because Im using 7-cells and masher 2ks because when I go to a 6-cell pack it runs fine with no heat at all. Its not that big an issue because for the first half of the battery I just do jumps and drive in dirt and stuff like that. Then for the second half, I just take the body off and do speed runs. That helps cool everything down.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:03 AM
CustomTamiyas4Life

I'm thinking about getting it, but i wonder if it will be better than a 19t.