Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

New Team Orion 4800 Mah Ly-Po?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 01:02 PM
Bruno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Team Orion 4800 Mah Ly-Po?

Anyone bought these batteries yet? I havent seen any reviews on them anywhere. I'm curious of the performance and runtime.

Bruno
Old 02-14-2006, 01:10 PM
FoamyVictim

Default RE: New Team Orion 4800 Mah Ly-Po?

You can look here: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=94778

Or Here: http://www.teamorion.com/news.asp?id=460

Or google it...
Old 02-15-2006, 01:06 AM
vic2367
My Feedback: (-1)

have mine about 2 weeks now,,...excellent run time ,,,and a lot more power,,,,also bought the novak brushless 6.5,,,,,awsome
Old 02-15-2006, 04:16 PM
Access

They work great, I get more punch on the throttle than a 3600 NIMH 6-cell and significantly more runtime. There are several companies releasing the exact same thing, it is just OEM / rebranded by Orion and others. Plus they are significantly lighter than NIMH.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:21 PM
Jailhouseracer87

I am new to all of this, so dont really know the scoops on either Ni-mh battery packs, or Lypo packs. Allthough, i have heard alot about Lypo Packs Exploding. What do u guys think the advantages and disadvantages To having Lypos over Ni-mh. I would really invest in a good lypo pack as long as i knew it wouldnt explode in my Rc10T4.....but i really like the longer runtimes on Lypos, so i figured id ask. BTW, im running a modified 10T, Epic "shock" motor. I finally got all my bugs worked out, and tis little motor is a beast, so now im looking for a better runtime. I never really race it, jus kinda go out side and have fun...i.e. a park, church parking lots etc...so gimme the scoop on lypo's and what they r all about. and the dangers and hazards vs. ni-mh...thanks in advance....B.T.W. this is Jailhouseracer87, using a buddies comp.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:43 PM
Doahh

it's LI po
and I suggest you stay NI-Mh because they are a lot safer but if you go li-po then get ones without that plastic case because since theres plastice you can't see wether the battery inside is balloning and since you can't see that then you don't know when to stop so your car blows up...
Old 02-15-2006, 05:51 PM

my uncle is afrade that his will blow up.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:44 PM
FoamyVictim

Take a look here, and you'll see that this pack is MUCH safer than the airplane packs you hear about.

The new case, and the wiring inside it are extremely durable. Owners will tell you, it's very well built, solid, designed SPECIFICALLY FOR IMPACT RESISTANCE. If you can break it, then the results would likely have been the same if you were running any other type of battery. The Li-Pos in airplanes are often very fragile, because they are desinged to be very light weight.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:45 PM
scyan

You guys talk about lipo like my grand parents used to talk about microwave and vhs... Get educated and stop re-iterating what you read in other posts... get real.

Lipo are not that bad, li ion were pretty bad, but lipoly nowadays, the ones tested by kokam have been tested not to blow up when overcharged, undercharged and they even put nails through them !

Get some real info, stop relying on some old urban legends...

Scy
Old 02-16-2006, 04:33 AM
bozla

Some links to real facts might be nice, but I agree, lipos are much safer nowadays. As long as you use a charge box and follow the instructions for usage properly.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:18 PM
scyan

Here are the tests performed by kokam, under all tests, the results need to be no fire, no explosion... read and be happy

http://www.kokam.com/english/product...safety_02.html

There ya go...

When I write something, I can always back it up..

Scy
Old 02-16-2006, 02:46 PM
sleepy23
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: scyan

Here are the tests performed by kokam, under all tests, the results need to be no fire, no explosion... read and be happy

http://www.kokam.com/english/product...safety_02.html

There ya go...

When I write something, I can always back it up..

Scy
well i totally agree, but you know how ppl round here are. someone will defiantly complain about how unsafe they are, while those of us that run them will be smokin by them.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:43 PM
scyan

Agreed... I am in the process of getting a brushless system and was hesitating between the novak and the new mamba system... I let go of the lrp after hearing bad stuff about it and seeing it first hand at the track where I run... 3 guys had their motor blow and 2 had their esc stop functionning ! Not really good.

I spoke with someone at castle creations and it looks VERY promising...

Scy