Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official RAVEN ST Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 08:51 PM
Bhouse3000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official RAVEN ST Thread

haha, nice johnr2262, im guessing ur speechless ???
Old 07-28-2006, 11:27 PM
whoajoe

Must be![sm=biggrin.gif]
Old 07-29-2006, 09:05 PM
Bhouse3000

anyone els gona post on my pics???

p.s i got a new desk, haha, so no more fixing on the floor, lol (yes, i broke my old desk)
Old 07-30-2006, 06:34 PM
whoajoe

Got a new servo yesterday since my stock one went out. It is a JR z270, still plastic gears, but better than the stock one.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:11 AM
kyracer29

Will an esc with a Futaba J connector fit the Raven receiver?
Old 09-14-2006, 07:51 PM
johntammi

OK, getting back into electrics and you guys are saying the raven would be fun on a track. Our tracks biggest jump is a 15' double 2' high. The rest are 1' to 1 1/2' ramps landing on flat. If I get this raven from my lhs and take it to the track saturday will it hang. I heard about loosening the servo saver, would this be done by a screw on top?
Thanks for any input. BTW, I run a revo 3.3 and want something else to run on the track when were practicing.
Thanks,
JB
Old 09-14-2006, 07:59 PM
cjg

My LHS owner loves to sell the Raven. I own Evaders and XXXT. He used to sell Evader as his budget rtr, now he sells the Raven and really thinks they are good.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:35 PM
johnr2262

ive had one for six months and race every week.you can go out an be competitive if you change some electronics or just want to have fun in the stock class.its a good truck with alot of options.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:10 PM
alangsam

how does the tranny hold up - i have evaders and the trannys are constantly going out.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:11 PM
alangsam

i have brushless motors in them.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:45 PM
Bootz555_666

Anyone know where i can get a complete chassis . I hit a curb at full Speed
Old 02-19-2007, 03:06 PM
lowdogg

My Mamba max 7700 powered Raven St. So much more durable than my brushless Wheely King project. The Wheely King destroyed hardened steel upgraded diff gears. The Raven handles the power like a champ. Rooster tails wherever I go.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tq49013.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	625046  
Old 02-21-2007, 08:20 AM
ashman71

Hey, great to hear others are running this truck. I've had a Raven ST for a couple of months, very happy with it. My LHS raved about it as great value for money and I'd have to agree. I'm relatively new to RC and have been giving it a hammering and so far so good. I've shredded 2 steering servos (collisions) and should really get a metal geared set I guess. I also replaced the cheapo Tamiya connectors with bullets as the others melted. This was before I read about Deans and Powerpoles so may replace all again.
The original motor lasted 55 runs before I fried it. Popped in a cheap Venom 19T and goes okay. I'm interested in dropping in a lower turn motor but not sure of gearing change? I saw BHouse3000 put in a 15T - what did you change with the gearing/pinion?
Old 02-21-2007, 08:08 PM
niteblaster

I bought one 3 weeks ago and its for sale on eBay right now. I am dissapointed with mine, although it is far from stock now all electronics except controller have been changed so I can't compare it to a stock Raven. I might have been happier if I had bought new instead of used.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:24 PM
Gostrunnar

I bought a Raven just 5 days ago ( first 1/10 scale i have owned) I dropped a Mamba Max 5700 system in it the first day out and it runs amazing. The only problem is the stock idle gear and differential gear. Four runs after putting in the brushless system both were destroyed. Easy enough to replace and pretty cheap, but real boring haveing to replace them every other day. Does anyone know where i can pick up a ball differential, and possibly some kind of metal idle gear??? Or any other hop up parts, such as maybe some graphite stuff since i plan on racing it this spring. I am pretty new to the r/c scene so any advice or help on this would be apprreciated.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:37 AM
corcam

I've had my Raven ST for almost a year now. I used to race back in the late 80's, early 90's, so i'm slowly getting back into the hobby/sport with my son. I was surprised with the truck. Price was good, seems to be built well, and my LHS has a lot of support for the truck. The only thing I wish it had were a ball diff. Other than that, it will compete with any other ST out there. I run in a stock class now. But I would recommend this truck, I love it.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:48 AM
icaboy

just ordered my raven st of ebay.. brand new from an rc company. $118 shipped. that's good, right?

anyone having any luck with hop ups?

i am a noob, so sorry if i ask you guys some tarded questions.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:27 PM
seth556
My Feedback: (3)

It seems like a really good truck for the money. I'm thinking about buying the buggy version for bashing to go along side my xxx-t.

Gostrunner- Try turning up the punch control on the MM setting. Maybe also set the motor timing to low. That should help keep the gears from stripping. Also if you are the kind that goes out and pulls the throttle all the way from a dead stop, try starting slower. You can still do wheelies if you like just do them from a roll and not a stop.

Bootz555_666- Almost all of the stadium trucks will end up with a broken chassis if you slam them into the curb at full speed. Just remember to turn your esc off before your radio. The gears are supposed to be plastic. Are you saying their cheap because they're plastic? You have a lot to learn.

I really thought they thought English in schools these days. I guess I'm wrong.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:56 PM
Gostrunnar

sorry but i couldnt find anything that mentioned the gears were cheap ( as in poorly made cheap). It was mentioned that they are cheap to buy. So please read carefully about what is being said before you start spouting stuff. Also, yes it does help to turn down some settings on the MambaMax, but even turned down they still do not last too long. I have been experimenting with all 3 motors (4600, 5700, and 7700) and have managed to destroy 2 idle gears, 2 diff gears, 1 ball cup end, and stripped the original spur gear. All of these have been damaged just from straight driving, no wrecks, but lots of fun.

Thanks,

Gostrunnar

P. S. You might want to check your own grammer before you start putting down others.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:12 PM
icaboy

ORIGINAL: seth556

I really thought they thought English in schools these days. I guess I'm wrong.
haha. w t f?
Old 03-12-2007, 08:39 PM
seth556

Gostrunner, I wasn't talking about you where I was talking about the gears. The bootz person has said they were going to try to replace them with metal because the "plastics is cheap." Also his english is terrible. My english isn't perfect but you at least need to make it somewhat right. Like putting a . at the ends of sentences or making them like sentences.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:21 PM
Gostrunnar

I see the post now, sorry for the misunderstanding. I dont think the gears are cheap, the only reason im having problems with mine is because im putting a lot more power to them, then what it was built for.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:04 PM
seth556

I completely understand. I have problems with the gears in all of my cars. If only the MM wasn't so addicting.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:45 AM
corcam

Do any of you have any good recommendations for a good motor. I still want to run in a stock class. Any help is appreciated.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:21 AM
icaboy

i am looking to buy some new tires and wheels for my raven. what size is the hub?... will any other brand fit it? i have found the tires i want... but i don't know what size wheels to get... uggg. (yes, i know 2.2, but i am talking about hub size)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.