Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official Dark Impact Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 07:47 PM
R/C fan-addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Dark Impact Thread

I bet if you mention to tower the cheaper prices on rcmart.com they'll try to lower the price...
Old 04-11-2006, 08:00 PM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: R/C fan-addict

I bet if you mention to tower the cheaper prices on rcmart.com they'll try to lower the price...

Nah, they are going to say that it is not a US based company, and if you add the shipping, etc. it will be just about the same, and all that stuff..

Best deal?! If you have friends / family who travel to Asia all the time.. ask them to bring some back!
Old 04-11-2006, 08:16 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

ORIGINAL: BitHed

...The motor is the [link=http://www.aonelectric.com/Products/BrushlessMotors/Killer/killer.html?Category=Killer]AON ELECTRIC 5800L[/link]...You will love it...It makes the ground rattle as the car passes by

...INVERTED...I have to keep it a LITTLE stock until a certain TAMIYA race at the end of April...After that I think I will put some Proline rims and tires on it...Switch the stock units to the Mini Inferno ST...
so is the AON 540 size or what?
Old 04-11-2006, 08:22 PM
-Inverted-

Rcmart adds up. First the non-refunadable charge ($5), then insurance is $5, then the shipping cost is determined by the weight, and it could easily add up to the same cost.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:32 PM
Lunchboxer

ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

Rcmart adds up. First the non-refunadable charge ($5), then insurance is $5, then the shipping cost is determined by the weight, and it could easily add up to the same cost.

Right, but I mean, if you buy it locally there at Hong Kong, it will be cheap, that was my point...
Old 04-11-2006, 08:40 PM
-Inverted-

Yea, I guess. But for anybody im the US it will be just as much.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:56 PM
R/C fan-addict

Yeah I knew it wouldn't be that cheap but I though shipping would be a littler cheaper at <30 but I guess not...
Old 04-12-2006, 12:42 AM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

the question is, where do you buy this in the u.s.?
Old 04-12-2006, 07:14 AM
BitHed

...Mayhem in all honesty I am not sure...It runs at 5800 KV which probably makes more sense to you than me...The AON test crew has been using it in different 540 situations with the MAMBA 25 esc...It takes a regular 1:10 pinion on a 3.2mm shaft...The small print on it is all up at AON ELECTRIC and you can buy it DIRECT from AON ELECTRIC...Just let them know that you read about BitHed's motor and wanted one for yourself
Old 04-18-2006, 12:42 AM
BitHed

...COOL!! NEW TOYS to play with

...These items ahve been announced by Tamiya online...I am guessing the items themselves will be on show at the Shizuoka Show in March...

RC 05 Pinion Gear (23T,25T)
Item #53922

RC 05 Pinion Gear (27T,29T)
Item #53923

RC DF03 Heat Sink Bar
Item #53924 *Option part for Dark Impact (DF-03 chassis). Stylish blue anodized aluminum gearbox plate features 3 heat sink bars to increase heat dissipation effect. Heat sink effect may be adjusted by removing one or more heat sink bars.

RC DF03 Slipper Set
Item #53925 *Optional part for Dark Impact (DF-03), slipper clutch is indispensable item for racing buggies. Specially designed slipper clutch protects your R/C car’s drive shaft, clutch and engine from the rigors of off-road running and jumping. Includes new 82T spur gear which can be combined with Items 53922 and 53923 R/C 05 Pinion Gears for increased gear ratio setting choices.

RC DF03 Alum Oil Damper Set
Item #53926 *Optional part for Dark Impact (DF-03). Replace standard dampers with these oil dampers for improved handling.

RC DF03 Damper Spring Set
Item #53927

...Not bad indeedy
Old 04-18-2006, 12:57 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...Mayhem in all honesty I am not sure...It runs at 5800 KV which probably makes more sense to you than me...The AON test crew has been using it in different 540 situations with the MAMBA 25 esc...It takes a regular 1:10 pinion on a 3.2mm shaft...The small print on it is all up at AON ELECTRIC and you can buy it DIRECT from AON ELECTRIC...Just let them know that you read about BitHed's motor and wanted one for yourself
If Mayhem actually purchases one, I hope he provides all of us with actual photos of it in a running RC.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:08 AM
BitHed

...well i would take pictures of mine flying past but its just so damn fast i just cant focus on it
Old 04-18-2006, 01:39 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

You're in Japan, purchase a better camera and lens or lay off the Sake. Heck, I still remember that photo of you where you appeared to be crawling out from under that car.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:51 AM
BitHed

...can i show the bunny shot? PLease please? Let me show it...Oh come OOOOOOONNNNNNN

Old 04-18-2006, 01:56 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Do you dress up like that every year? I mean Easter just passed and that photo is three years old. Pre-KMI days.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:08 AM
BitHed

...we dont even have Easter...Jesus never quite got the fan club that Buddha did

...anyway back to the task at hand...

...The DI tires are great but they are really hard...And after changing a whole bunch of stuff around to keep my rear seated i FINALLY figure out its the tires [X(]

...and i have since chipped BOTh front drive cups and ejected my front doggies repeatedly...Houston (Shizuoka?) I think we have a problem...In fact most DI threads about the place have expressed dismay at the stock dogs though apparently a set from an older buggy works well.,.I will wait for the DI dedicated parts...
Old 04-18-2006, 02:27 AM
a j o e l v a r d y

anyway for cheep cars I got it from Japan and it cost £100 for everything postage

and it came 5 days later

[8D][8D][8D]Joel[8D][8D][8D]
Old 04-22-2006, 09:56 PM
sibulord

www.rcmart.com appears to be out of stock for the DI.
Anyone uses www.rcstation.com before or heard anything about them ?
thanks in advance!
Old 04-23-2006, 08:19 AM
wesleyburns

Here is my DI, just finished stickering it this morning. Decided against the all black look, i think buggies should be bright

Im no pro on bugges,I m a HPI savage basher [>:] but i can still say this one handels predictably, my last one was an aptly named Grasshopper [:'(] and we all know how those handled. Ive been running the DI the past few days, and the handling is very crisp and responsive.

My DI came in from Hong Kong, and release date here in the UK is this week sometime. Saved a packet too

Im busy using a 15x2 turn motor, it is a tad over geared, so Im using the larger spur gear (85 tooth) instead of the 78 to
help lower the roll out a bit, until i can get my hands on smaller pinions.

Just waiting to find a track now
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10596.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	449967  
Old 04-23-2006, 09:38 AM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

I'm surprised i really like that yellow on there
Old 05-08-2006, 11:31 PM
BitHed

MAY 09 UPDATE:

...I have been modding the Impact for a little bit and I have just about got it right for what i want right now and with the items available for it...

...The Mamba 25 ESC is getting REALLY hot...I changed the throttle curve and the timing / start power yesterday because i was mostly just spinning out if i throttled too quickly but that has got a litle better with the programming change...Also running the bigger spur and still the 36T pinion

...Right now I am pretty maxxed out RE: buying power because i am doing parts etc for the Impact and the E-Zilla too so i cant get another esc but i am thinking about something from Mtroniks...AON ELECTRIC, the maker of the motor, recommends something closer to 80 amps to run the motor and still stay cool...The Mamba is a 25 amp unit and it just cant cope with the power being put through it...It isnt a BAD unit, it is just not designed for the position that i have put it in...

...The 5800 kv motor on the other hand is just unbelieveable It has torque and top end to SPARE...Right now the car is extremely hard to control both in corners AND a straight line but it is alot of fun trying to get the settings right...Basically you could say that this motor is TOO much for this car...even with the smaller pinion and bigger spur...I HIGHLY recommend the motor but i would say go with another esc designed for a 1:10 situation...OR you might be like me and just patiently waiting for the Mamba Max to show up...

I have put in a new MAIN GEAR from a local third party maker and it is milky smooth...I have one more on ebay in blue...The same company is also going to release some one piece bevel gears, the one that takes the long drive shaft, later this week so they will go in over the weekend...

...I have put boots on the rear shocks and changed the whole screw set over to black steel hex heads from YOKOMO...I will have some screw sets available soon too...

Old 05-09-2006, 02:09 AM
Lunchboxer

VERY NICE.. keep us posted.. is the BL setup sensored based or sensor-less design?
Old 05-09-2006, 02:26 AM
BitHed

...Thanks LunchBox Yeah its not a bad looking machine right now...Just wish I could get a blank wing for it...I dont want a gold wing anymore lol...

...its sensorless mate AON ELECTRIC is pretty much all sensorless...As far as i know NOVAK is using sensored stuff...

Today's Trivia: NOVAK is brought into Japan by KYOSHO...NOVAK likes sensored BL systems, therefore so does KYOSHO BTW the 'new' all-in-one RX / ESC system in the 'updated' KYOSHO Mini Inferno ARTR kits is...TA DAA!! NOVAK

EDIT: Added the AON specs...Might mean more to you than it does to me I dont understand the numbers so well but i understand the performance

Old 05-09-2006, 02:31 AM
Lunchboxer

...Thanks LunchBox Yeah its not a bad looking machine right now...Just wish I could get a blank wing for it...I dont want a gold wing anymore lol...

...its sensorless mate AON ELECTRIC is pretty much all sensorless...As far as i know NOVAK is using sensored stuff...

Today's Trivia: NOVAK is brought into Japan by KYOSHO...NOVAK likes sensored BL systems, therefore so does KYOSHO BTW the 'new' all-in-one RX / ESC system in the 'updated' KYOSHO Mini Inferno ARTR kits is...TA DAA!! NOVAK

The gold looks pretty good, man...

I guess those sensorless puts out more power while the sensored based has better control in the lower speed.. or so that's how I understand it..

I plan to get a Dark Impact myself sometimes down the road.. maybe in a few months.. (when the supplies in US caught up!) I hope by then there will be more hop-ups ready for it!!
Old 05-09-2006, 02:36 AM
BitHed

...I will send you my gold wing if you send me your clear one [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

...The TAMIYA add-on list is further up this thread and a local third party will be doing a carbon front tower, one piece cups and shafts for the drive shaft, alloy rear uprights and the main gear and shafts...Should be lots to play with once they arrive in the US...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.