Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Which 1/10 Tourer???

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which 1/10 Tourer???

Again, that is what their sponsors are pushing so thats what they race. When you talk about the club level, shaft dominates. Look at this, dude is talking about getting into racing....do you think he has the time to get the ideal set-up to be competitive??? NO! High end tourers are very finicky at the offset and need to be dialed in. Most shaft cars for stock and 19t are a bit more forgiving, hence, he should start with shaft. You get major DUHH points for recommending a high end tourer to a beginner!
Old 12-08-2006, 01:38 PM

Ok , since when became a Tamiya TA05 a high - end tourer ? They are like 90$ on ebay , in stock form they are hardly high - end and perfect to begin with and fully upgradable to a very good car for very little money if you want , ...I say IF you want.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:53 PM

I think its with your help and the forums I have it narrowed down to either a ta-05 or a hot bodies cyclone s, I figure from whats been said, they are both kits so i will get building experiance and can both be upgraded as I go, within limits. When I become a more confident and stop hitting things and breaking parts I will make the jump to the next level of car.

Any more thoughts???, I appriciate all the help!

Old 12-08-2006, 05:42 PM

Yes Bullfrog,

Will you mostly drive on carpet or on asphalt ? Because in stock form the cyclone is the best car ( also most expensive ) when it comes to carpet because the chassis is stiffer. And the TA05 is the best asphalt car ( according to me ) because it has a little more flex to it that can be much reduced with the optional carbon reinforced optional chassis ( just like the one from the XXX-S ) for 35$. With this chassis - even on carpet -I call it a draw for carpet racing. In my opinion it's 2 for the TA05 and 0 for the cyclone. But again in box stock form the cyclone is better but it's about 150$ more expensive.

I don't like ruining beautifull graphite chassis plates on asphalt by the way.

I've put 150$ in upgrading my TA05 and it will take the cyclone at any time of the day.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Easy rider

Yes Bullfrog,

Will you mostly drive on carpet or on asphalt ? Because in stock form the cyclone is the best car ( also most expensive ) when it comes to carpet because the chassis is stiffer. And the TA05 is the best asphalt car ( according to me ) because it has a little more flex to it that can be much reduced with the optional carbon reinforced optional chassis ( just like the one from the XXX-S ) for 35$. With this chassis - even on carpet -I call it a draw for carpet racing. In my opinion it's 2 for the TA05 and 0 for the cyclone. But again in box stock form the cyclone is better but it's about 150$ more expensive.

I don't like ruining beautifull graphite chassis plates on asphalt by the way.

I've put 150$ in upgrading my TA05 and it will take the cyclone at any time of the day.
I will be running on aspalt, on tennis courts etc for practice and track for racing, I was think ing of the CycloneS which I believe is a downspeced Cyclone??

Old 12-08-2006, 07:00 PM

XXX-S Fragile... NO WAY
if it was I would have dumped it months a go (I've had it almost a year so far)
Old 12-08-2006, 07:05 PM

Aha , ok. I thinck those are both similar cars in stock form. Both TA05 and cyclone S are good cars on a budget.

Just pick the one you like best and is easiest to get parts for. If you like upgrading I'd go for the TA05 wich has a ton of option parts. If you want to keep it all box stock , pick the one that's most convenient for you.

Regards.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:06 PM

You are right Doahh,

The XXXS is a brick. I have to break the first part yet and I'm racing it for 2 years now.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:28 PM

Have you looked at Schumacher. The mi2EC is the current European champ. Very adjustable and strong. It is also a great kit. My son finished his a few weeks ago and is learning now how to run touring cars, he has always run off road so this is a big change for him. He will be running in the stock class so he is running the a Novak SS+ with the 13.5 motor. Here are some photos. He built the car about 90% himself the biggest thing I had to do was show him how to use a set of calipers to make all the rods. Here are some photos of the finished car.

BTW my son is 7. That is him in the last photo. Yes he did the body also I did cut it out though.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:39 AM

RURC,

Very nice job , well done. Also very nice shapes you cut out , clean work.

It looks like a very fun kid you have there btw.

Grts.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:03 AM

Thank you. He has worked hard and continues to work hard to keep up school and his outside intrests, basball, rc cars, and still having fun with his friends. Ha is a grea kid.

But I have found the car very well balanced and clean to tune and run. The wing in the photo is not complete then. Now it has the end plates and the second level on it. It is painted chrome only on the wing the rest was left clear. So far he has only broken a belt. But that was from a rock getting inside and snapping the belt.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:22 AM

Aha, yes rocks and sand can ruin belts and gears in a matter of seconds. Belt cars are best on clean swept areas with very little dirt on it.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:28 AM

if you have the money, go for the TC4.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:12 PM

Ok guys after consideration of many good points I ordered a Cyclone S a few days ago. I was wondering if you can help with what size pinion to run the Cyclone comes with a 96 Tooth 64 Pitch Spur I will be running a 27 Turn motor and I would consider the circut to have more corners than straights so I guess acceleration is an important factor, can you help with a starting point?

Thanks All