Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

esc's with training modes

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 08:39 PM
00nothing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default esc's with training modes

other than the xl5/xl10 from traxxas are there any other esc's that offer the driver profile option so that my kids could run my rc without being able to give it full speed
Old 01-17-2007, 08:48 PM
hands without shadows

Default RE: esc's with training modes

Not that I know of, and the xl5/1 training mode isnt on the esc, its on the transmitter. All it really does is limit the amount you can move your throttle, you could accomplish this with a piece of foam taped behind the throttle.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:51 PM
coleholley

The xl-5 is on the esc and you set it from the esc because they have like half throttle and full brake and things like that but i dont know of any others.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Eman77

coleholley is correct. Hand without shadows refers to an additional feature on the Pede RTR radio controller - it allows you to adjust the amount of play the trigger has (so you have longer travel in the trigger for forward, less for reverse, or vice versa). This is entirely independent of the ESC programming.

The XL-5 (and likely the other models of XL-?) have 3 or 4 profiles you can use. The manual clearly states how to set the ESC to use which profile. I would know, since I just got my Stampede the other day and set it up. I have no idea where "hands" got his info, because he is providing incorrect information.

Back to the topic question at hand - I am not sure what other ESCs (other than Castle's brushless ones) that offer dialing up/down the speed. You can always spend time perusing the selection of ESCs at Tower for Associated, Tekin, and Novak and read I guess.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:40 PM
bte214

Get one that you have to set the neutral position of. Hold on a little bit of throttle so that it recognizes that as the neutral point, then you won't have as much throttle. Don't use a reversing esc because then you will be in reverse with the trigger at neutral.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:12 PM
hands without shadows

I stand corrected. I think buying a radio with endpoint adjustments would be best. Might as well get a computer one with multi model memory and youll never have to buy another one, or just tape some foam behind the trigger.