Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

XXX-T Sport RTR brushless or VXL Rustler?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 04:54 PM
Pico Train

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XXX-T Sport RTR brushless or VXL Rustler?

Which should I get?
Old 12-01-2007, 05:53 PM
Always Dreamin

Default RE: XXX-T Sport RTR brushless or VXL Rustler?

ORIGINAL: N4TEC

Which should I get?
depends on where you drive, and what you do. if your a racer, then losi. basher, then rustler. in my opinion i think the rustler is nicer. but it depends on your personal prefrence.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:57 PM
cheech4

exactly if you plan to do any racing even if its minimal then the losi, if not then the rusty.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:41 PM
SubaruSti

is the rustler race legal?
Old 12-01-2007, 08:57 PM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: SubaruSti

any truck is race legal i guess, but the rusty is a tank, it sucks in the handling dept especially racing it.. if you were to put a rusty against a losi xxxt or t4 with both identical drivers the xxxt and t4 would lap the rusty in no time. rusty is just a good basher and very durable, one of the toughest trucks made. kinda like a hummer racing against a formula one car on a track.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Pico Train

thanks for the help. is the xxx-t fairly durable?
Old 12-01-2007, 10:27 PM
ELK

[quote]ORIGINAL: cheech4

ORIGINAL: SubaruSti

any truck is race legal i guess, but the rusty is a tank, it sucks in the handling dept especially racing it.. if you were to put a rusty against a losi xxxt or t4 with both identical drivers the xxxt and t4 would lap the rusty in no time. rusty is just a good basher and very durable, one of the toughest trucks made. kinda like a hummer racing against a formula one car on a track.
[/quote)
i completly agree with you the my rusty always goes three wheel motion and my cousin always passes me when it happens he has the xxxt.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:10 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: N4TEC

thanks for the help. is the xxx-t fairly durable?
please, as i listed before, please tell us what your driving on and what you do with the truck. the xxx-t is durable, but if your looking for a basher, it's nothing compared to rustler/stampede/bandit. if your a racer, the rustler cannot touch the t4 on the track, or in your case, a xxx-t.

best of luck.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:54 PM
SavageX78

The xxx-t is fairly durable. Ive beat the snot out of my MF2. Ive got a mamba 5700 so its pretty quick.
The only 2 chassis parts that ive broke where the stock rear turnbuckle and ballstuds. But after getting lunsford titanium turnbuckles ive had no breakage.

My first rc was a rustler XL-1 about 2 years ago. It was a great truck but i was always fixing something. And I couldnt get a motor in it that wouldnt run too hot. I gave it to my son and he seems to like it.

One thing though is the xxx-tmf2 graphite and the xxx-t RTR is plastic so i dont know if that makes a difference in durability.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:40 PM
uncle everett

get the traxxas, later you can up grade to the losi. It is good for the industry that you up grade. First you'll up grade the daylights out of your traxxas, then you'll upgrade to the Losi and up grade the daylights out of it!

That is what this hobby is all about!

Enjoy every step of the way!!!!!!!!!!!!

Livlrge
Old 12-06-2007, 08:50 PM
cheech4

if he has intensions to race i wouldnt even bother getting the traxxas, go straight to the losi..
Old 12-06-2007, 09:39 PM
xxx-t2

racing-xxx-t is the best truck you can buy
bashing-rustler is a beast, im gonna buy one for bashin soon, great great, and i mean great!!! bashers lol.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:23 AM
uncle everett

I hear you about racing the Losi and bashin the Traxxas. Will he really ever appreciate the Losi unless he has something to compare it to? The first car out of the gate should be one that you can get all you agressions out on. Face it, he'll get bored driving it arround in the driveway and start looking for ways to impress himself.

Thus begins the jumping over cars, houses, pools etc. Once this is more or less out of his system up grade to the Losi. He'll always be able to pull out the Rusty because he just knows he can "make it"!!!!!

Livlrge
Old 12-07-2007, 09:12 AM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: uncle everett

I hear you about racing the Losi and bashin the Traxxas. Will he really ever appreciate the Losi unless he has something to compare it to? The first car out of the gate should be one that you can get all you agressions out on. Face it, he'll get bored driving it arround in the driveway and start looking for ways to impress himself.

Thus begins the jumping over cars, houses, pools etc. Once this is more or less out of his system up grade to the Losi. He'll always be able to pull out the Rusty because he just knows he can "make it"!!!!!

Livlrge
in that case get the evader EXT,, its bullet proof, has a strong tranny for brushless, and best yet it handles way better than a rusty and it only costs 99 bucks.. how about learning on a basher/racer .. IMO best bang for the buck