Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

rustler vs bantit o.O

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 09:41 PM
aftermarket
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rustler vs bantit o.O

Alrighty then, I was planning on getting either a regular rustler or bandit (both electric) What's better? I heard they're the same but just different chasis? Help! Thanks!

p.s. can someone explain the differences and advantages of a 6 cell or 7 cell battery for one of the above cars? Thanks again!!!
Old 12-01-2007, 09:43 PM
pede_187

Default RE: rustler vs bantit o.O

Are you bashing or racing?

A 7 cell battery will give the car more torque and speed but it'll burn up the motor a lot faster.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:15 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: whothefashizle

Alrighty then, I was planning on getting either a regular rustler or bandit (both electric) What's better? I heard they're the same but just different chasis? Help! Thanks!

p.s. can someone explain the differences and advantages of a 6 cell or 7 cell battery for one of the above cars? Thanks again!!!
bashing or racing, they both suck[:'(]. i personally would choose a rustler. it's more popular and therefore, you will get more parts support for it. it's pretty much statium truck vs buggy. i personally don't like the looks of the bandit. performance wize they are pretty simular besides the fact the rustler comes with bigger tires stock. really all personal prefrence.

the advantages, you will have faster speeds. plain and simple. as pede kid said.
the disadvantages, your driveline will wear faster, more likley to break parts, your motor will not last as long. please let us know what one your getting (vxl, or xl-5). that will help make the desision of 6 vs 7 cell much easier.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:35 PM
Slo-V Flyer

The Bandit's chassis is exactly the same as the Rustler's. The difference is in the longer suspension arms of the Rustler front and rear, and of course wheels, longer front and rear shocks and the front body post that screws into the shock tower. The shock towers are the same in both front and rear.

The Bandit will go faster due to it's smaller wheels (and hence it weighs less to) and more streamlined body design, and it uses a larger pinion stock to compensate for its smaller tires. I have both and don't prefer one over the other. The Rustler will go over a little more rough stuff, while the Bandit can still hop over smaller jumps with ease, though it might bottom out a little more often.

The Bandit will handle better in general while cornering and such over less bumpy surface (on-road etc.), but tends to flip at high speeds (30+ mph due to it's narrower design (though the Rustler can do that too turning sharp at 35+ mph....).

In case you're wondering about the 40+ mph, all of my cars are brushless ...

It won't cost much to convert one to the other, as listed above the arms, shocks (if that really matters to you) and front body posts, wheels, and the pinion gear are really what make it different.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51912.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	215.5 KB
ID:	816498  
Old 12-01-2007, 11:48 PM
Always Dreamin

oh, cmon slo-v, who wouldn't want a rustler with that picture i'm assuming thats a xl-1 or atleast was. that looks very clean if it is.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:05 AM
aftermarket
My Feedback: (2)

xl-5 is the one i'm getting, and what?...burns up the motor? o.O best be carefuls
Old 12-02-2007, 12:07 AM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: whothefashizle

xl-5 is the one i'm getting, and what?...burns up the motor? o.O best be carefuls
well bassicly, the titan is a stocker motor. it will run for quite a long time on reasonable gearing and your average battery. when people start gearing high, and putting in 7 cells, thats when they don't last. then people start complaning that the titans are junk. i geared my stampede 18/86 and ran one battery at a time. mine lasted quite a long time. they are not bad motors, it's only when people push for more speed.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:58 AM
Slo-V Flyer

Both of mine are XL-1 models and upgraded from there. Here are a couple of pics of my Bandit from last year when I installed the Novak GTB brushless in it. It looks more beat up now though, need a new body....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92997.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	816840   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc92118.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	816841   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg92243.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	193.8 KB