Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

What lipos should I buy and where?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 07:30 PM
Desert RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What lipos should I buy and where?

I am looking to get a new set-up for Christmas. Looking at a factory T4 with a mamba 5700 or GTB set-up. Next are the batteries> I am newb at the brushless and lipos, I was wondering if somebody could recommend a affordable lipo/charger set-up. I will be using for bashing purposes in the desert on and off-road and at the local track. I really want the long run times with adequate speed. What should I get and where should I shop for the best deals? also when i am not running lipo can you recommend some NiMh batteries for bashing as well. Thankyou.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:33 PM
Always Dreamin

Default RE: What lipos should I buy and where?

ORIGINAL: Desert RC

I am looking to get a new set-up for Christmas. Looking at a factory T4 with a mamba 5700 or GTB set-up. Next are the batteries> I am newb at the brushless and lipos, I was wondering if somebody could recommend a affordable lipo/charger set-up. I will be using for bashing purposes in the desert on and off-road and at the local track. I really want the long run times with adequate speed. What should I get and where should I shop for the best deals? also when i am not running lipo can you recommend some NiCD batteries for bashing as well. Thankyou.
Maxamps is a good place to go lipo. they have a vxl setup that includes a balancer, lipo sack, charger, and 3s 5000mah pack. that will give you amazing speeds. i would suggest using a higher mah (8000) and a 2s lipo. it will give you slightly slower speed, but it will run longer.
NiCads arn't really used much, niMh is the way to go now. also those can be found on www.maxamps.com
Old 12-04-2007, 07:58 PM
Desert RC

Default RE: What lipos should I buy and where?

Thanks I was looking at Maxamps earlier today, thankyou for the suggestion on the 2's lipo for the longer run times.