Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Lowest Pinion Gear you have on your E-Maxx???

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 11:03 AM
RCJesse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowest Pinion Gear you have on your E-Maxx???

I just want to make wheelies easier other than only when the first few seconds of a run. I know I can go lower on the pinion gears down to like 12T on stock spur gear, is this right? I wouldnt want to mess with the spur, so what are you guys running and how does it handle? Or what do you recommend for the lowest pinion on stock spur for a good torque/motor life ratio? Thanks for sharing your experiences.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:40 PM
hemiblas

Default RE: Lowest Pinion Gear you have on your E-Maxx???

I run some 20t pinions and some 16t pinions. You cant go wrong by gearing it low. You will pull less amps and the motors wont get as hot. You are going to lose top speed though. If wheelie action is what you want 12T pinions sound good. 7 cell batteries will help too. A general rule is a good battery will be able to wheelie better than a cheap one as it can put out more amps and get it up in the air faster. Have fun.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:53 PM
Slo-V Flyer

I have used a 12t pinion and 72t spur and no problem. It will wheelie easier even with the stock spur and 12t pinion. Good batteries will also help as suggested, even with stock gearing my IB4200's could make it wheelie in 2nd gear with the Titan motors.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:27 PM
ChuckDeez

yeah, i had problems before when i wanted brute power. I didn't think better batteries would make a difference. But, sure i was wrong. I bought GP3300 batteries from radioshack and it made my truck pull wheelies in 1st and 2nd gear and felt way more faster!
Old 12-07-2007, 10:19 PM
Slo-V Flyer

The EP/IB, and even Duratrax 4200s (side-by-side packs) will work even better than your GP3300s. I have all 3 kinds (except the EPs) and the IBs and DTX were a world of difference from my old 3000s and even GP3300s.