Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

So I decided which 'lectric, but motor/battery/esc???

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 10:30 PM
aftermarket
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I decided which 'lectric, but motor/battery/esc???

I'll most likely get a rustler xl-5, and I look at it...12t motor, and I was getting the 7cell battery, 35mph eh? People say it really burns out the engine...yes? If not, drop the new engine idea, but if it does, what would you recommend for it? (moded motor plz, no brushies too much $$ o.O) I heard the 19 turns are nice...but if so, then would the stock xl-5 esc be good for it?

Thanks!

p.s. I do not want to replace ANY motors, so I heard about the angled brushed motors? explain please? recomend the Orion "something"???
Old 12-07-2007, 11:48 PM
calvino

Default RE: So I decided which 'lectric, but motor/battery/esc???

ORIGINAL: whothefashizle

I'll most likely get a rustler xl-5, and I look at it...12t motor, and I was getting the 7cell battery, 35mph eh? People say it really burns out the engine...yes? If not, drop the new engine idea, but if it does, what would you recommend for it? (moded motor plz, no brushies too much $$ o.O) I heard the 19 turns are nice...but if so, then would the stock xl-5 esc be good for it?

Thanks!

p.s. I do not want to replace ANY motors, so I heard about the angled brushed motors? explain please? recomend the Orion "something"???
it does help end the motors life, it is pretty much "hit and miss" when it comes to them. sometimes they turn out to last for EVER and others die faster than fast. It all depends, the XL-5 can handle a 12-Turn motor limit for 550 size motors 15-Turn motor limit for 540 size motors so, anything larger than a 15 Turn motor (540 size, which is more efficent) should be fine, 19T are a good match of power and efficency
Old 12-07-2007, 11:58 PM
aftermarket
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: So I decided which 'lectric, but motor/battery/esc???

would ya recommend something to pair up with a 7 cell? maybe a 19turn?