Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

bad day of rc ing

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 12:08 PM
billdee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad day of rc ing

my mini t project is not turning out like i hoped. now i just got done charging up my new lipo for my stampede and i can not get the esc to turn on. it worked perfect last time i used it. the green light on the spped controler comes on then turns off. i can get it to go into the set up mode but thats it. i only used this esc maybe two times with no issues.what gives. do i have to start up my nitro to get some bashing in today
Old 12-08-2007, 12:25 PM
Always Dreamin

Default RE: bad day of rc ing

ORIGINAL: billdee

my mini t project is not turning out like i hoped. now i just got done charging up my new lipo for my stampede and i can not get the esc to turn on. it worked perfect last time i used it. the green light on the spped controler comes on then turns off. i can get it to go into the set up mode but thats it. i only used this esc maybe two times with no issues.what gives. do i have to start up my nitro to get some bashing in today
No, but you can try reading your manual. You might have some wierd lipo thing on, who knows. If all else fails you will have to call traxxas. It might need to be re-programmed.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:42 PM
billdee

why would i have to read the manual i set up the esc when i first put it into the truck. i first tried turning it on with a nicad pack.still same problem. not sure why i would have to send it back to traxas after using it two times. last time worked great when i put the truck away a week ago i had no issues.today it won't turn on.is a weak battery in the transmiter a cause??????
Old 12-08-2007, 02:07 PM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: billdee

why would i have to read the manual i set up the esc when i first put it into the truck. i first tried turning it on with a nicad pack.still same problem. not sure why i would have to send it back to traxas after using it two times. last time worked great when i put the truck away a week ago i had no issues.today it won't turn on.is a weak battery in the transmiter a cause??????
Could be, try a couple of different batteries (maybe its your charger) then try a different rx/tx combo to isolate the problem.