Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

hpi e savage rtr questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 07:45 PM
NjBasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hpi e savage rtr questions

im thinking about getting this truck but have some concerns. how are the batteries and charger that come with it?overall how does it run?
Old 12-08-2007, 09:22 PM
powerslider

Default RE: hpi e savage rtr questions

The charger works ok so far, batteries are nothing special. I'd get the one they now have without batteries and charger, then get some good batteries and whatever charger you want so you'll end up with a better package overall. With ib4200's it's pretty quick with decent top end and handles good for a 4x4, I like it but you may want to check out the new E-Maxx also...
Old 12-08-2007, 10:12 PM
nikg

Default RE: hpi e savage rtr questions

I have found the charger to work well sometimes, but other times it can false peak. Overall, i think it is OK. Same with the batteries. This was my first real hobby grade RC, and it seemed to fly at first. Then I got used to the speed. I eventually got better batteries and a better charger. It is nice to have extra batteries, but if I really want a good bash session, i go for the GP or IB packs instead of the stock packs. I also charge them with my turbo 30 charger that I got a deal on.

I had a low budget when I bought my e-savage used, and I'm not disappointed at all. Some people wind up not getting into the RC thing and selling high priced gear for a loss. I found I enjoyed the hobby, so I upgraded. If you are just getting in, maybe go with the stock stuff for now and see if it is for you. You can always upgrade and have stuff as spares.

No idea about how it compares to teh new e-maxx, but I have found my truck to be very tough. It takes quite a beating without breaking.

Sorry. Just noticed you already are into RC by your signature.