Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

OFFICIAL Losi Speed-T thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 02:14 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default OFFICIAL Losi Speed-T thread

http://losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSB0101

Looks nice, I was hoping for non-electric but it seems quite good, price is right as well.

Discuss till you cant discuss anymore

Looks like the VXLs have a run for their money though
Old 01-17-2008, 02:19 AM
s7jstep1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Losi Speed-T thread

somebody in another thread said that the new losi was a rockcrawler. anyway, i like the look of this truck and i think it will give the vxl rustler a run for its money
Old 01-17-2008, 03:09 AM
banzaij
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: s7jstep1

somebody in another thread said that the new losi was a rockcrawler. anyway, i like the look of this truck and i think it will give the vxl rustler a run for its money
Maybe this is the reason for the recent price drop in the VXLs. Almost looks like an electric Jato.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:58 AM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: banzaij

ORIGINAL: s7jstep1

Maybe this is the reason for the recent price drop in the VXLs. Almost looks like an electric Jato.

the big difference between this and the jato is that this is off a XXXT platform and it handles extremely well unlike the jato or the rustler vxl that handle like tanks.

P.S i wonder if that wheelie bar will work for my MF2?
Old 01-17-2008, 05:20 AM
feschi

I was thinking about buying a Rustler VXL. But now i have to think again
Old 01-17-2008, 05:58 AM
zeen420
Banned

looks like a jato, nice chrome wheels
Old 01-17-2008, 04:37 PM
sheograth

Yeah it does look a bit like the Jato, the long wheelie bar is nice though.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:51 PM
sheograth

This is probably going to be a very unpopular opinion, but its just my opinion so be cool

Basically, Im a bit tired of the electric side of the hobby being held hostage by people who wont pay more than $500 for a vehicle. I understand that thats where the majority of the hobbyists fall, but I would like to see some really fancy electric options. Thats part of the reason I tend to spend my money on 1/5 gas cars and trucks because theres practically no limit to how much you can spend if you're willing - and thats a choice some of us like to make.

I'd LOVE to see a really nice double brushless large scale MT or buggy, with support for 36v+, and performance nearing the 100mph mark. It can be done, but it'll be expensive. I personally would love to see options like that, and maybe I would drop $2400 on one.

Realstically I know that Losi wasnt going to release THAT, but I was hoping that it would be something a bit higher end I guess.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:11 PM
BanditMonster

ORIGINAL: sheograth

This is probably going to be a very unpopular opinion, but its just my opinion so be cool

Basically, Im a bit tired of the electric side of the hobby being held hostage by people who wont pay more than $500 for a vehicle. I understand that thats where the majority of the hobbyists fall, but I would like to see some really fancy electric options. Thats part of the reason I tend to spend my money on 1/5 gas cars and trucks because theres practically no limit to how much you can spend if you're willing - and thats a choice some of us like to make.

I'd LOVE to see a really nice double brushless large scale MT or buggy, with support for 36v+, and performance nearing the 100mph mark. It can be done, but it'll be expensive. I personally would love to see options like that, and maybe I would drop $2400 on one.

Realstically I know that Losi wasnt going to release THAT, but I was hoping that it would be something a bit higher end I guess.
Your need for spending money has ALWAYS been available.

Get the right model with tons of after-market parts.

It seems you have plenty of $ to be playing with. Have someone fabricate custom aluminum parts for yourself. Have a Dual motor mount fabricated for yourself. Squeeze in two Plettenberg Big Maxximums and purchase two 5 cell li-po packs with 10,000 mah each and plug it all up together. Custom fabricate your own drive train to handle the power, your own STEEL gears and pinions etc etc.

The option is always availble, but just not from a company.

That'll easily cost you a good $1,000.

If you can't find someone to fabricate parts for you, purchase aluminum blocks for yourself, learn how to use a CNC or get access to some sort of machine (CNC mill) (some colleges/universities let students use their equipment).

GO ALL OUT!

hehe

oh and

*whispers*
"Don't forget to share it with us!"
Old 01-17-2008, 05:28 PM
pede_187

Is that an FM radio I see?
Old 01-17-2008, 05:39 PM
Krazy Chicken

no its 2.4 ghz
Old 01-17-2008, 05:58 PM
cheech4

329.99 that is sucH a great price for a LOSI with brushless and spektrum. WOW.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Access

But it is on-road why?
Will need to change out all the tires and rework the setup if you want to drive it anywhere.
Is their brushless really 'revolutionary'? What does it do that the other systems already out there don't? VXL has a sensor port for sensored motors and mamba has power in excess and the best sensorless firmware out there. Can it even run 4s LiPos?

I'm not saying it's a bad deal, but it seems like they are aiming at the urban basher crowd (with the on-road setup and stuff).
Old 01-17-2008, 06:17 PM
Nik.

not quite, they are marketing it to n00bs, considering they already had a novak brushless rtr
Old 01-17-2008, 06:25 PM
Access

ORIGINAL: Nik.
not quite, they are marketing it to n00bs, considering they already had a novak brushless rtr
Which uses a system that Novak doesn't even manufacture anymore and refuses to service if it breaks down...
Old 01-17-2008, 10:06 PM
sheograth

I'd take the Excelorin over the Novak
Old 01-18-2008, 07:30 PM
DriftingDragon

is any1 gunna get it cause im thinking for this week i might get 1 and the truck is off road like the old jato it looks on road but preforms offroad
Old 05-22-2008, 03:26 PM
pede_187

Did anyone get one yet and how were they holding up?
Old 10-29-2008, 01:51 PM
Rhizzlebop

Ok, I just ordered one of these so I'd LOVE to be able to revive this thread.

Wonder why this car is getting no chatter?

Sounds like I best go ahead and buy a DT rearend and tires, because I don't really want just an ONROAD truck and this is for bashin around the yard and stuff.

I saw some videos online of some sort of Truggy thing and it was just INSANELY fast. it shows them like on a beach near some sand dune rises and this thing was just all over itself trying to go. It looked like it just couldn't get going fast enough to satisfy its own thirst for speed. LOL

Another guy was running what looked like a DT with it, and it was fast too, it looked fast anyway when he ran it first, but then that other guy got to going with his truggy and it was just a WOW factor beyond belief how quickly it would leap to speed.

Does anyone know if these batteries would be any good?

[link=http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=239&curPage=7&v=&sortlist=]Hobby CIty Lipos[/link]

my Speed T will be here Monday, and I already know i need to order a DT rearend and some packs.

I have a few 2000mah 2S lipos for a small blade heli that will probably get me going alright, but I want longer runtimes. I don't know the "C" rating of my Lipos, but they were bought for a small Blade CP Heli.

Looks like that site I linked above has some 2S 5000mah for about $40 to $60 range and some 3S for the $50 to $70 range. Seems cheap.

Anything else I critically need to buy?
Old 10-29-2008, 03:27 PM
04DarkShadowGT

Ive bought an esc and a few motors from hobby city, it was all good stuff. I have never tried their lipos though, but for the price its worth a shot.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:35 PM
kahnen

Make sure you take note of the sizes. I have some 2s zippy lipos, they won't fit (to wide) in the stock battery holder of a XXX-T.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:14 PM
Rhizzlebop

Thats excellent news. I'll see what size the official Losi battery size is, and try to stay close to that size.

Someone in a diff thread was saying that some Zippys are softpacks and they strongly recommended hard packs for truggies. Anything to this?

Also, I have the cellpro 4S charger. Seems like I remmeber that thing charges at like1 Amp max. Does that by definition limit the size packs I can buy? Looks like most I see max at about 5000mah, but I was wondering if I could go larger in the budget ones. Again, it may be all driven by physical size, but any other issues with the 4S?

Also, the battery connectors. Right now I'm set up for plugging my little 2000 mah Lipos into my Blade CP heli. I dunno what that tiny little plugis called. Will I need to make some kind of adapter to use some ofthose packs and such on this truck. I wanna buy a couple bigger packs, but will prob use the smaller ones some too, assuming I have enough "C"s. I think mine now are 20C.

Old 10-29-2008, 06:31 PM
kahnen

ORIGINAL: Rhizzlebop

Thats excellent news. I'll see what size the official Losi battery size is, and try to stay close to that size.

Someone in a diff thread was saying that some Zippys are softpacks and they strongly recommended hard packs for truggies. Anything to this?

Also, I have the cellpro 4S charger. Seems like I remmeber that thing charges at like1 Amp max. Does that by definition limit the size packs I can buy? Looks like most I see max at about 5000mah, but I was wondering if I could go larger in the budget ones. Again, it may be all driven by physical size, but any other issues with the 4S?

Also, the battery connectors. Right now I'm set up for plugging my little 2000 mah Lipos into my Blade CP heli. I dunno what that tiny little plugis called. Will I need to make some kind of adapter to use some ofthose packs and such on this truck. I wanna buy a couple bigger packs, but will prob use the smaller ones some too, assuming I have enough "C"s. I think mine now are 20C.

You can use soft packs. If you race, ROAR approved races, a hard cased lipo is required. I wouldn't use your heli lipos. I don't know which they are but my guess is that the C rating isn't high enough for 1/10 scale and you'll just over drain them.

If they are 30C rated with 2000 mah you would only have 60 amps to draw out of them. Being a little pack I doubt they are 30C battery.

Stick with 2s or 3s lipos. 4s and above require higher voltage escs and lower kv motors. Most common brushless combos for cars use just 2s or 3s.

I don't know about your charger but I thought it would charge more than 1 amp. You should double check.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:15 PM
Rhizzlebop

I see. Know what connector I need to buy on these packs? Can I use that tiny little red one? If no, then i'd need to make some sort of adapter for use on my cellpro 4s charger.

I also saw in another thread where someone commented about brushless motors in reference to not needing a LVC or anything. Don't all the lipo rules apply regardless of motor type?

BTW, i think my packs are 20C.

Any budget packs you guys know of bigger than 5000mah?
Old 10-29-2008, 10:11 PM
gbasile77

i like it how people talk about spending money on RC like they are Bill Gates.
Seriously, if you are that cashed up go and spend $300k+ on a real super car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.